Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    No way the Tort fan club can duck this disaster of a season!
    Sure they can. They're headed for 8-3 if they don't melt down, 9-2 and a playoff game if they're lucky. I think we can say now that the transfers have not lived up to the hype. That happens to everyone sometimes. 7-4 and then there will be some blame for somebody.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      No way the Tort fan club can duck this disaster of a season!
      Nope. They have the same record as Lock Haven and are staring down the barrel at 3-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Sure they can. They're headed for 8-3 if they don't melt down, 9-2 and a playoff game if they're lucky. I think we can say now that the transfers have not lived up to the hype. That happens to everyone sometimes. 7-4 and then there will be some blame for somebody.
        Well, the defense is home-grown and got lit up like a pinata at a birthday party. Hell, I think SRU actually just scored again.

They'll lose to Cal. Perhaps badly. Momentum vs Trainwreck. Cal's DL will feast on this 'version' of an OL. Cal's defense is very tricky, giving many looks and brings heat all day from all over. That alone will have Karst seeing stars. He'll toss at least three picks next weekend.

After that happens, it's hard to say what will follow.

I'm not so sure 7-4 is a given. I'd assume Lockhart is out for several weeks. Karst doesn't throw to him anyway but he's a big loss.

​​​​

They are an unquestioned home dog this weekend. They'll likely be in dog fights with Edinboro, Gannon and Seton Hill.

They should end the year with wins against Clarion and Bloomsburg to appease the Tort crowd. Tort owns Clarion.

Comment

Just stop! This season is a disaster. Tort can’t even count!

Comment

• 54 and rain for Cal game.

Sounds fitting.

Comment

I think that is spot on.

I do get the extreme negativity because yesterday's game was an extreme wake-up call. But what if Shepherd would have given up the season after losing to IUP last year? They didn't, and they came back and beat IUP and won the region. There are endless examples of teams rebounding.

You never know because all of these teams can do a Jekyll and Hyde from week to week. But I think it's possible that SRU is a really good D2 team. I said that earlier in the year after watching them and yesterday only reinforced that. The Long to Sheets connection could be the best in all of D2. On top of that, though, they have other quality receivers. They have a running game, they have TE's. They have an OL, defense, and special teams. Yesterday they showed they are solid in all aspects of the game. I don't mean just within the region. I think they might be real good this year.

I hate to credit "Slimey" but I appreciate their magnanimity. From the players' postgame reactions to the other posters who we have yet to see gloating about it. Even the coaching staff because they could have really embarrassed IUP yesterday. Of course, none of that makes us feel good as IUP fans.

I'm not an expert on QB's and it's kind of hard to articulate exactly what Karst;'s issues are. However, from what I see they might not be fixable during the season. As everyone says, he doesn't seem to read the defense well, he misses targets, he just seems to throw the ball in the general area of the receiver. He's clearly not what you would call a "pinpoint passer." He has to grasp where his excellent receivers WILL BE, not where they are, and get the ball quickly to that point so that they can make a reception. I know that sounds obvious. He overthrows a lot of passes. He seems to lack zip on his passes. I'm thinking that if he were a MLB pitcher he would be hitting low 90's with his fastball and that is probably not good enough to get to an elite level. Ok, so now he's "putting air" under some of his throws but they are just kind of floating there giving the defender time to make necessary adjustments.

I think you have to hope he continues to develop but I would get Marchitelli ready.
              Last edited by iupgroundhog; 10-01-2023, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think that is spot on.

I do get the extreme negativity because yesterday's game was an extreme wake-up call. But what if Shepherd would have given up the season after losing to IUP last year? They didn't, and they came back and beat IUP and won the region. There are endless examples of teams rebounding.

You never know because all of these teams can do a Jekyll and Hyde from week to week. But I think it's possible that SRU is a really good D2 team. I said that earlier in the year after watching them and yesterday only reinforced that. The Long to Sheets connection could be the best in all of D2. On top of that, though, they have other quality receivers. They have a running game, they have TE's. They have an OL, defense, and special teams. Yesterday they showed they are solid in all aspects of the game. I don't mean just within the region. I think they might be real good this year.

I hate to credit "Slimey" but I appreciate their magnanimity. From the players' postgame reactions to the other posters who we have yet to see gloating about it. Even the coaching staff because they could have really embarrassed IUP yesterday. Of course, none of that makes us feel good as IUP fans.

I'm not an expert on QB's and it's kind of hard to articulate exactly what Karst;'s issues are. However, from what I see they might not be fixable during the season. As everyone says, he doesn't seem to read the defense well, he misses targets, he just seems to throw the ball in the general area of the receiver. He's clearly not what you would call a "pinpoint passer." He has to grasp where his excellent receivers WILL BE, not where they are, and get the ball quickly to that point so that they can make a reception. I know that sounds obvious. He overthrows a lot of passes. He seems to lack zip on his passes. I'm thinking that if he were a MLB pitcher he would be hitting low 90's with his fastball and that is probably not good enough to get to an elite level. Ok, so now he's "putting air" under some of his throws but they are just kind of floating there giving the defender time to make necessary adjustments.

I think you have to hope he continues to develop but I would get Marchitelli ready.
                I appreciate the optimism. However, seeing yesterday in person, I have a much different opinion. IUP was dead in warm-ups. They were flat, quiet, etc.

I don't think things are great behind the scenes right now. I'll leave it at that.

This program has now been blown out in two of its last six games. Blown out of the stadium blown out. Rock could have hung 70 on them yesterday. That was the most deceptive final score I've ever seen.

Shepherd had Tyson Bagent. Tort does not.

Not even close.

It's not a good team right now. They are 0-2 against teams with winning records.

Tort is going to have to pull a Houdini to get them ready to play Saturday. They sure as freak weren't yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  54 and rain for Cal game.

Sounds fitting.
                  It’s Homecoming! It usually rains on Homecoming. I think in the three i experience as an undergrad only one of them was a sunny day.

Comment

I appreciate the optimism. However, seeing yesterday in person, I have a much different opinion. IUP was dead in warm-ups. They were flat, quiet, etc.

I don't think things are great behind the scenes right now. I'll leave it at that.

This program has now been blown out in two of its last six games. Blown out of the stadium blown out. Rock could have hung 70 on them yesterday. That was the most deceptive final score I've ever seen.

Not even close.

It's not a good team right now. They are 0-2 against teams with winning records.

Tort is going to have to pull a Houdini to get them ready to play Saturday. They sure as freak weren't yesterday.
                    Regardless of all the minutiae, the goal is to win games.
                    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 10-01-2023, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Not even close.

Not sure what game you were watching but the defense other than 2 drives played decent in the 2nd half. The interception that Hunter threw on the first drive in the second half was terrible, it killed the defense to put them right back on the field. And not sure where your getting that IUP had no Energy last night? They were down 28-0 and cut it to a 2 score game in the 4th quarter. They easily could have hung their cleats up but they did not.

Comment

• It’s pretty obvious the real reason IUP gets the back to back games with Slimey and Mon Valley U. The Home Office splits it home and away for IUP. The other two get their two games either both at home or both on the road Mon Valley is on the road both games this year and Slimey gets both at home. They won’t put the other two in consecutive hard division games.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                          It’s pretty obvious the real reason IUP gets the back to back games with Slimey and Mon Valley U. The Home Office splits it home and away for IUP. The other two get their two games either both at home or both on the road Mon Valley is on the road both games this year and Slimey gets both at home. They won’t put the other two in consecutive hard division games.
                          For a schedule that is supposed to rotate, the back-to-back is absurd. That has nothing to do with yesterday's game, though.

Comment

For a schedule that is supposed to rotate, the back-to-back is absurd. That has nothing to do with yesterday's game, though.
                            I know. I’m just saying I see why it’s done to IUP. It’s a trade off in the eyes of The Home Office. It’s going to be talked about this week.

Comment

Well, while you're at it we'd probably appreciate getting rid of our seemingly annual Shepherd-West Chester-Kutztown stretch at Ship, with the added attraction this year that the stretch is followed by Millersville and East Stroud teams that don't look too bad. And of course we've already played IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Not sure what game you were watching but the defense other than 2 drives played decent in the 2nd half. The interception that Hunter threw on the first drive in the second half was terrible, it killed the defense to put them right back on the field. And not sure where your getting that IUP had no Energy last night? They were down 28-0 and cut it to a 2 score game in the 4th quarter. They easily could have hung their cleats up but they did not.
                                I was going to stay out of this discussion but I feel compelled to respond to this. If we’re to the point of saying cutting a big lead to a two score game in the fourth quarter is the big positive then that tells the story of where this team is right now. I’m not going to pile on and say IUP quit or didn’t show up to play. That’s almost impossible to measure. However, at no point was IUP ever in this game from a competitive standpoint. They got beat in EVERY phase of the game, and soundly. At no point did it look like the defense played well. I don’t disagree that the offense didn’t help, but when you get 40+ hung on you, your defense didn’t even come close to doing its job.

And for good measure, the kicker missed ANOTHER extra point. There are high school kickers playing at A and AA schools that don’t miss all season. Unacceptable at this level.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X