Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeepBallEnjoyer View Post
    I'm not nearly as optimistic about that game as it seems the rest of you are. This offense(specifically QB1) is BEYOND lucky to have the IUP D backing them up. The final score of this game leads you to believe it was a lopsided affair, but without the Defence's td and the two they essentially gifted to the O, it's a much different ball game.

My worries about Karst are more validated everytime I see him play. Still staring down his recievers like it's his job. Has he thrown a checkdown yet this season? His first half was attrocious. Overthrowing. Underthrowing. Too high. Too low. He couldn't hit his target to save his life(except that nice pass he had to Ship #4). Second half was a LITTLE bit better. One thing that really confused me however was throwing late. If you're blatantly staring down a reciever, HOW DO YOU THROW IT LATE!!! Coaches just need to tell him to lob the ball up. Any of those 3 recievers WILL go get that ball. Just give them a chance to.

On a more positive note, I'm glad to see the OC seems to have realized that he has the the best WR core in the PSAC(maybe even all D2?). Was good to see them try to utilize their talent and throw it deep.

Overall I think it was a sloppy game from the O that confounded doubts I've already had, a great game and confidence boost for the D(not that they really needed it anyways), and maybe a step in the right direction for the playcalling.
    Very well said. Blowout is a blowout but IUP should have hammered that team.

I will say Karst looked totally different playing with a lead. His first half was awful (I suggested benching him). As the Eye said, the D set him up pretty good several times in the second half. He looked much different the final 30.

To be fair, I could care less about his stats. He looked awful in the first two quarters. He looked tremendously better after the break -- mentally and physically.

I'd agree the defense will keep them in most games. That is a very special unit.

Comment

• Was it a pretty performance?

No.

But they cashed in all the turnover checks Ship wrote them and good teams should be doing that.

No blocked punts and time outs were monitored. Progress!

Backup QB looks solid..great throw on that unnecessary TD pass…might get accusations from the Poconos of running up the score.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        Was it a pretty performance?

No.

But they cashed in all the turnover checks Ship wrote them and good teams should be doing that.

No blocked punts and time outs were monitored. Progress!

Backup QB looks solid..great throw on that unnecessary TD pass…might get accusations from the Poconos of running up the score.
        Keep in mind Ship is bad - perhaps worst in the East, bad. To be fair, they had some dawgs out today (so did IUP).

It was a game the Timeout crew needed but don't get too warm and fuzzy. IUP wasn't great. Its opponent was pretty bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Keep in mind Ship is bad - perhaps worst in the East, bad. To be fair, they had some dawgs out today (so did IUP).

It was a game the Timeout crew needed but don't get too warm and fuzzy. IUP wasn't great. Its opponent was pretty bad.
          It was the 7th straight home game dating back to last year. Thry need to get out of town…

Comment

It was the 7th straight home game dating back to last year. Thry need to get out of town…
            Agreed. A road trip will do the program some good. Tort's teams have strangely all been better on the road than at home.

Comment

• A blow out is a blow out but wow does that offense need a lot of work. Karst looked like poop, the play calling sucks and the O-line is soft!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                A blow out is a blow out but wow does that offense need a lot of work. Karst looked like poop, the play calling sucks and the O-line is soft!
                Soft is the right word. They used to have some nasty dudes up front that would bite your face off. I don’t see any of that with this group. Finally got to watch a Millersville game last night, which I’ve been eager to do since their turnaround. Their O-line is nasty and gets after the defense. They’re too one dimensional as an offense, but if my life depended on converting a fourth and one I’d follow them over what IUP is putting on the field right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Soft is the right word. They used to have some nasty dudes up front that would bite your face off. I don’t see any of that with this group. Finally got to watch a Millersville game last night, which I’ve been eager to do since their turnaround. Their O-line is nasty and gets after the defense. They’re too one dimensional as an offense, but if my life depended on converting a fourth and one I’d follow them over what IUP is putting on the field right now.
                  The running game didn't improve.

Adam Houser seems to be relegated to guard duty in Siberia. JD Younger had 8 yards on 7 carries. Karst was the leading rusher with 45 yards. Stewart looks better every week but they seem to still be gun-shy with him.

The RBs continue to get eaten alive about a millisecond after getting the ball.

Randy Washington got his first two carries yesterday and did show a little spark.

I don't think (at this point) that OL is just going to have some awakening moment. With three games of film now teams seem to know exactly how to attack them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Ship needs to settle on a QB and get some continuity. It doesn't help that they seem to be playing freshmen on the o-line every year and that they've had a terrible problem with injuries at QB the past couple of seasons. Obviously they can't afford to hand a team such as IUP four turnovers and expect to stay in the game. The one just before halftime was a crusher that seemed to carry over into the second half. The trajectory of the program the last 3-4 years has not been good and, believe me, people around Shippensburg are starting to notice.

IUP certainly has better personnel than Ship and I didn't feel they were ever seriously in danger of an upset Saturday, but as you've pointed out the running game has not been there, and they don't look like a top 25 team at this point. They'll have to be much better to handle Slippery Rock and Cal.

Comment

• The OL must get better and the OC better start calling a better game too. Same BS plays! Get creative, please!

Comment

• Is there a place to rewatch the games?

Comment

Is there a place to rewatch the games?
                          PSAC Sports Network. There's an app for devices and one for Roku.

Comment

Is there a place to rewatch the games?
                            It’s pretty nice once you find it if you do it on your computer.

I liked watching them after they play. I DVR the Iggles too. I can’t take the stomach punches in sports any more. 50 plus years of constant disappointment in sports has its limits.

Comment

It’s pretty nice once you find it if you do it on your computer.

I liked watching them after they play. I DVR the Iggles too. I can’t take the stomach punches in sports any more. 50 plus years of constant disappointment in sports has its limits.
                              The season ends bad for all but one team.

Many teams' seasons are already over, postseason-wise, after three weeks. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Ship needs to settle on a QB and get some continuity. It doesn't help that they seem to be playing freshmen on the o-line every year and that they've had a terrible problem with injuries at QB the past couple of seasons. Obviously they can't afford to hand a team such as IUP four turnovers and expect to stay in the game. The one just before halftime was a crusher that seemed to carry over into the second half. The trajectory of the program the last 3-4 years has not been good and, believe me, people around Shippensburg are starting to notice.

IUP certainly has better personnel than Ship and I didn't feel they were ever seriously in danger of an upset Saturday, but as you've pointed out the running game has not been there, and they don't look like a top 25 team at this point. They'll have to be much better to handle Slippery Rock and Cal.

Playing freshmen up front and QB's always hurt obviously isn't a coincidence.

I did think Ship came out with a little spunk. Seemed to me that FB who got hurt early is thier leader on offense (perhaps not the stat leader but certainly the 'captain' out there). Once he left the game the air came out of the balloon pretty quickly. IUP had the BC Eagle rattled pretty bad by halftime and then pounced on him in the third quarter. He was running for his life in the second and third quarters.

I do think Ship has some nice RBs. They are just experiening the same thing the IUP backs are ... getting blown up immediately.

The last QB made some plays. I will say I'd guess you'll get your No. 1 and No. 5 back this week. Neither were in any slings or boots or anything and both are moving around decent. The FB ... not so sure. He appeared to have an ankle injury.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X