Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE IUP Football Thread

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RockPride View Post

    and a 10 second runoff...game would have been over.
    Isn't that only NFL?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

      Isn't that only NFL?
      No. The same scenario happened last year in the Cal/IUP game. Cal had driven down the field and was in position for a chip shot field to win the game. They were hurrying to the line to spike the ball, but somebody never was fully set. So they called either an illegal procedure or a false start penalty on Cal. Because there was a moving clock, the penalty resulted in a 10-second run off. The game ended and IUP won. Otherwise, Cal has an opportunity for a chip shot field goal to win the game.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

        No. The same scenario happened last year in the Cal/IUP game. Cal had driven down the field and was in position for a chip shot field to win the game. They were hurrying to the line to spike the ball, but somebody never was fully set. So they called either an illegal procedure or a false start penalty on Cal. Because there was a moving clock, the penalty resulted in a 10-second run off. The game ended and IUP won. Otherwise, Cal has an opportunity for a chip shot field goal to win the game.
        Guess it may have been a little karma from last year then. Karma never forgets.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

          No. The same scenario happened last year in the Cal/IUP game. Cal had driven down the field and was in position for a chip shot field to win the game. They were hurrying to the line to spike the ball, but somebody never was fully set. So they called either an illegal procedure or a false start penalty on Cal. Because there was a moving clock, the penalty resulted in a 10-second run off. The game ended and IUP won. Otherwise, Cal has an opportunity for a chip shot field goal to win the game.
          Correct, that's the scenario I was thinking about. The only way to save the 10 second runoff is by calling a timeout. No timeout, 10 second run off.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

            Guess it may have been a little karma from last year then. Karma never forgets.
            I could think of a lot of things to call the final 2:20 of that game.

            Karma doesn't come to mind.

            I do wonder if Miller will have a new scoreboard operator tomorrow. That person likely quit or got fired. Stuff rolls down hill.

            Comment


            • I’m just glad there’s another game this week so we can quit talking about this one!

              For what it’s worth, I was at a HS game last night and the scoreboard operator had timeouts wrong most of the game. Funnily enough, I was in the booth with the coaches from one team and the D coordinator continually told the guys on the sideline “The scoreboard is wrong, we only have one timeout left and they only have one left.” They were on top of it for both sides.

              On to Week 3!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                I’m just glad there’s another game this week so we can quit talking about this one!

                For what it’s worth, I was at a HS game last night and the scoreboard operator had timeouts wrong most of the game. Funnily enough, I was in the booth with the coaches from one team and the D coordinator continually told the guys on the sideline “The scoreboard is wrong, we only have one timeout left and they only have one left.” They were on top of it for both sides.

                On to Week 3!
                What a concept lol.

                I'd be lying to say I'm not nervous about today. I was at the Ship debacle in '18 and the Edinboro disaster in '21.

                The King of the Timeouts needs a fast start today.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                  What a concept lol.

                  I'd be lying to say I'm not nervous about today. I was at the Ship debacle in '18 and the Edinboro disaster in '21.

                  The King of the Timeouts needs a fast start today.
                  Don't worry. Be happy.

                  IUP will run rings around Ship. I expect everything to click today.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

                    Don't worry. Be happy.

                    IUP will run rings around Ship. I expect everything to click today.
                    I am glad you have faith in them...I do not right now.

                    Comment


                    • Tort must have called a timeout (pun intended) at halftime and woke them up a bit.

                      Defense played well. That first TD was a whacky deflected pass that somehow went to the Ship player in stride.

                      On the injury front, Vaughn could be an issue. It appeared to be a ankle or foot (something down there). Danielson also has an ankle (although his seemed more a tweak).

                      I think IUP has a new kickoff returner. That's good. They needed a spark back there.

                      They had Ship's starting QB beyond frazzled there after halftime.

                      Good recovery win after the offense looked putrid in the first half. Running game still wasn't good. Washington returning may help. He seems more explosive than the others.

                      Comment


                      • Speaking of injuries, Houser (WR) and Daniels (LB) have yet to dress yet this year. Both were expected to probably be on the second team. Any word on either?

                        Cole Laney also didn't dress today. He looked OK on the sidelines (no casts or anything).

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Speaking of injuries, Houser (WR) and Daniels (LB) have yet to dress yet this year. Both were expected to probably be on the second team. Any word on either?

                          Cole Laney also didn't dress today. He looked OK on the sidelines (no casts or anything).
                          Where was Adam Houser today?

                          Comment


                          • I heard his name once.

                            He changes his number now weekly for some reason.

                            Comment


                            • Good win by IUP today and lopsided as it should have been, but let’s not get too excited thinking the problems have been solved. I’m sure the coaching staff is saying the same thing. The defense was lights out after the first drive and created a lot of the points today. The offense was sluggish in the first half once again being unable to sustain a drive or establish the running game. Hunter finished the half 8-20 and missed several throws and tossed an awful pick. The fumble returned for the TD to end the half was a huge momentum swing.

                              Ship brought to town one of the worst offenses I’ve ever seen at Miller Stadium. They’d love to have IUP’s problems. If 41 hadn’t gone down that may have helped keep them in it but for the most part it was a mess. IUP did capitalize on the mistakes, which is good, but they still couldn’t sustain drives. Hunter was much better in the second half but he’s still starring down receivers. IUP’s defense will be good enough to keep them in most games, but despite all of the weapons on the outside, I’m not sure IUP can score enough against good teams.

                              Stewart looked like his old self today, and I appreciate that they’re still limiting him a bit. He should be hitting on all cylinders by the Slipper Rock game. I think if he got the ball 20 times he’d help the O-line look better. I’d give that group a C+ to a B- today because they showed some push and kept Hunter clean, for the most part. Still a long way to go. A road trip to Hurst will help the growth process. Now we can quit talking about last week!

                              Comment


                              • I'm not nearly as optimistic about that game as it seems the rest of you are. This offense(specifically QB1) is BEYOND lucky to have the IUP D backing them up. The final score of this game leads you to believe it was a lopsided affair, but without the Defence's td and the two they essentially gifted to the O, it's a much different ball game.

                                My worries about Karst are more validated everytime I see him play. Still staring down his recievers like it's his job. Has he thrown a checkdown yet this season? His first half was attrocious. Overthrowing. Underthrowing. Too high. Too low. He couldn't hit his target to save his life(except that nice pass he had to Ship #4). Second half was a LITTLE bit better. One thing that really confused me however was throwing late. If you're blatantly staring down a reciever, HOW DO YOU THROW IT LATE!!! Coaches just need to tell him to lob the ball up. Any of those 3 recievers WILL go get that ball. Just give them a chance to.

                                On a more positive note, I'm glad to see the OC seems to have realized that he has the the best WR core in the PSAC(maybe even all D2?). Was good to see them try to utilize their talent and throw it deep.

                                Overall I think it was a sloppy game from the O that confounded doubts I've already had, a great game and confidence boost for the D(not that they really needed it anyways), and maybe a step in the right direction for the playcalling.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X