Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

We got a new OC because the last one was arrested for felony domestic violence.
    But he wasn’t too good either. Everyone thought it would be an improvement, it probably was, but turns out not much of one.

Comment

• If IUP was playing competitive, hard-fought games it would be one thing, but I think that "deer in the headlights" effect has turned into a multi-week phenomenon. Starting with what is supposed to be the best defensive secondary in the region getting shredded on the first series of the game and then it went downhill from there.

Comment

We got a new OC because the last one was arrested for felony domestic violence.
        That hire has been forgotten amidst everything going on lately. He wasn’t qualified for the job in the first place if you look at his resume, and on top of that he was a problem on and off the field. He wasn’t mature enough to handle the responsibility and he didn’t do his job well. The off the field stuff can’t be blamed on those who hired him to be fair, but that was a bad, bad hire.

Offensive coordinator is often the easiest coach for the fan base to hate on, especially when teams aren’t doing well. Locally you have the masses wanting to ship Frank Cignetti, Jr. out of Pitt and Matt Canada out of Pittsburgh. My biggest problem with Larry is the pace and what seems to be a lack of organization. They can’t get any offensive flow going because of the “check with me” approach. It cost them another delay of game yesterday (Hunter hit Ridley for the TD on the next play so you may have forgotten) as well as a timeout. They get to the line quickly in their typical spread but then wait for the guys upstairs to look at the defense and make the play call. That can be effective, but they take way too long and over think it and the offense never gets into a rhythm. That also impacts the offensive line because they have little time to identify their assignment and execute it. What’s funny is the defense makes adjustments as well so it’s not like once they line up they have to stay where they were. In my opinion this style is largely offensive coordinators outsmarting themselves. Changing the play on occasion makes sense. Standing at the line of scrimmage and watching the play clock run out while deciding on the perfect play doesn’t. It puts unnecessary pressure on everyone.

If your QB is struggling to read coverages and your offensive line is missing assignments, probably the last thing you want to do is force them to think faster by calling a play deep into the play clock.

Comment

• One person was killed and at least five others injured in a shooting after midnight in Indiana (not on campus). It was at a community center near the Chevy Chase section of town. Suspect is at large. It's all over the news for more details.

WPXI is reporting the victims were "college aged" but stressed it was not an IUP-sanctioned event. The shooting occured around 12:35 a.m.

Comment

One person was killed and at least five others injured in a shooting after midnight in Indiana (not on campus). It was at a community center near the Chevy Chase section of town. Suspect is at large. It's all over the news for more details.
            Homecoming party?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Homecoming party?
              It was a private party. The word is it was for Philly and Pittsburgh alumni and students . Saw a post saying it was outside the building, which was very crowded. It’s ashame because the center does great work with students and dei

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Homecoming party?
                If it was homecoming related it wasn’t on campus. Not even close to campus really. I don’t know how I didn’t hear three helicopters coming in because this is .5 miles from my house and basically adjacent to Indiana High School. Reliable updates are hard to find but apparently two suspects were driving west on Route 22 (toward Pittsburgh for what it’s worth) in a gray sedan. I’m not sharing any personal descriptions because I can’t speak to the reliability of the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If it was homecoming related it wasn’t on campus. Not even close to campus really. I don’t know how I didn’t hear three helicopters coming in because this is .5 miles from my house and basically adjacent to Indiana High School. Reliable updates are hard to find but apparently two suspects were driving west on Route 22 (toward Pittsburgh for what it’s worth) in a gray sedan. I’m not sharing any personal descriptions because I can’t speak to the reliability of the information.
                  Seems pretty late at night for a community center event to still be going on ?

Comment

• WCCS just posted an update saying (8) people were shot.

Comment

Seems pretty late at night for a community center event to still be going on ?
                      I think someone must have rented it for a private event. I don’t think there was any official Iup organization involved. Afaik

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I think someone must have rented it for a private event. I don’t think there was any official Iup organization involved. Afaik
                        That's crazy. For (8) people to be shot that must have been a barrage of shots fired. These aren't typically marksmen firing these guns.

Hopefully they arrest these suspects quickly.

Comment

That's crazy. For (8) people to be shot that must have been a barrage of shots fired. These aren't typically marksmen firing these guns.

Hopefully they arrest these suspects quickly.
                          After 278 days in 2023 there have been more than 500 mass shootings in the United States. We are closing in on a 2 per-day incidence. We might have a dysfunctional society. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

After 278 days in 2023 there have been more than 500 mass shootings in the United States. We are closing in on a 2 per-day incidence. We might have a dysfunctional society. Just sayin'.
                            Be sure your information is based in actual statistics, not over hyped MSM....
                            https://pewresearch.org/short-reads/...hs-in-the-u-s/

Comment

• (9) now confirmed shot, all between ages 18 and 23 per latest news release.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Be sure your information is based in actual statistics, not over hyped MSM....
                                https://pewresearch.org/short-reads/...hs-in-the-u-s/
                                I referenced mass shootings which is defined as at least 4 people shot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X