Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They cheered a black man beating the system like so many white me who were also guilty.
    Dwight Schrute : No, don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go into their normal jobs, and get a distress call from the Commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes.

Comment

Which shows that anyone with money can beat the system. OJ was just the first person of color to do it.

Fat Nixon is going to walk too.
      Perhaps. No Dream Team for him, though. Maybe a Public Defender.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Perhaps. No Dream Team for him, though. Maybe a Public Defender.
        He’s going to walk because everyone seems afraid of his Cult. I don’t k is why 99.99% of them are dumber than a bag of rocks which means they can get into Slimey Pebble.

Comment

He’s going to walk because everyone seems afraid of his Cult. I don’t k is why 99.99% of them are dumber than a bag of rocks which means they can get into Slimey Pebble.
          I think he's going to end up at Lewisburg and I'm not talking about a campaign rally on the Bucknell campus.

Comment

• Here's one for you IUP dorks:

The 'penny on the floor' ... written by IUP royalty The Clarks ...

A) Where was that 'penny'

(B) Name the apartment (and number)

Comment

• So Taylor Swift jammed more Swifties into Acupuncture Stadium than anyone else for an event….

I wonder how many were from the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia?

:-)
              Last edited by IUPNation; 06-19-2023, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• Has the Concord transfer officially signed? Odd no official announcement yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I don't think anyone has any idea how the QB battle in Sheptown is gonna shake out. I have heard Lek Powell has looked good, the transfer from VMI didn't come to sit on the bench though. Yes, little Bagent is supposed to be enrolled come fall, but he's probably a year away at best. He's behind where his brother was at the same stage physically and needs a year to live in the weight room.
                  Also heard that Lek Powell has seems to be the next QB1 in Ramville. They may start out with Morgan (because of experience) but the word after spring is that Powell outplayed him in the spring. With 3 years of eligibility remaining I would not be surprised to see Powell take over by week 2 or 3 if he does not start the season as QB1.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Has the Concord transfer officially signed? Odd no official announcement yet.
                    I believe he has

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Also heard that Lek Powell has seems to be the next QB1 in Ramville. They may start out with Morgan (because of experience) but the word after spring is that Powell outplayed him in the spring. With 3 years of eligibility remaining I would not be surprised to see Powell take over by week 2 or 3 if he does not start the season as QB1.
                      I think it would be week 5 at the earliest, they won't throw a new QB in against Kutztown or Cal. Wait till week 5 against Ship for a lighter home game.

Comment

I think it would be week 5 at the earliest, they won't throw a new QB in against Kutztown or Cal. Wait till week 5 against Ship for a lighter home game.
                        That’s bulletin board material for Ship!!

Use it as a grievance Ship!!

:-)

Comment

Ship gives everyone a hard game. They will not mail it in. I was thinking week one or two you may see Powell work in the rotation depending upon how well the offense moves the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Ship gives everyone a hard game. They will not mail it in. I was thinking week one or two you may see Powell work in the rotation depending upon how well the offense moves the ball.
                            Ship is a rivalry game for Shepherd, typically a tough game. Ship is not Kutztown or Cal though. Didn't mean to slander Ship, but that is the most logical time to do it for a full change if things aren't going smoothly. The first couple games, based on last year's data should be wins for the Rams and potential blowouts at that. Should be time for backups to play, if of course Shepherd is able to ably replace all that offensive talent that was lost.

Comment

Ship is a rivalry game for Shepherd, typically a tough game. Ship is not Kutztown or Cal though. Didn't mean to slander Ship, but that is the most logical time to do it for a full change if things aren't going smoothly. The first couple games, based on last year's data should be wins for the Rams and potential blowouts at that. Should be time for backups to play, if of course Shepherd is able to ably replace all that offensive talent that was lost.
                              I don't know what to expect in the Mon Valley. They lost some serious studs on both sides -- star QB, WR and LB.

That said, every time they appear to be down, well, they aren't.

They had terrible luck last year. The Vulcans lost by 5 at Kutztown, 3 at Shepherd (OT), and by a fluky single point vs IUP. They could have (should have) won all three of those games.

After the IUP debacle, the wind left the sails. They barely beat Seton Hill the following week and then got hammered by SRU and Gannon.

That was a good team early but after that third loss it seemed they just threw in the towel.

Dunn has a strong track record of reloading quickly.

Looking at their schedule, they'll clobber AB in the opener but then host Kutztown and Shepherd. A trip to Edinboro follows before a home date with Clarion. The Vulcans then travel to IUP before Seton Hill visits.

Their stretch run is rough -- at SRU, Mercyhurst, at Gannon and at ESU.

Comment

I have zero idea what to expect from Ship this year. They were a very young team at most positions last season, and injuries really muddled the quarterback position. They seemed to have some guys with good potential on defense, especially along the line, and a couple of the young linebackers look good. The secondary really needs to come along, especially considering some of the teams they'll be playing. Offense will depend on what happens at QB and whether the o-line, almost all frosh and sophomores last year, takes a step forward. They didn't get a ton of transfers in because they had 78 guys returning. Opening with Newberry will give them a very quick picture of where they stand, and the first half of the schedule is brutal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X