Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Don’t the Swifties already have Bagent 2.0 in the pipeline?
    Find something else. This one ain't working. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

One or two injuries, which are bound to happen, and you will be doing some fist pumps behind your computer screen knowing the outlook of what you just said changed. Every time a team from IUP is hyped to this extent, they fail miserably. Get into the playoffs and go from there. I'm making no reservations for any weekend past the final week of the season.
      Suffice it to say that there are reasons for optimism going into the '23 season. It will be interesting to see the starting lineup and full roster when the season gets underway.

Comment

Find something else. This one ain't working. Lol
        It absolutely works.

They are in perpetual revenge mode. Every little thing offends them and their fans. They are always slighted.

They are Swifties.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Suffice it to say that there are reasons for optimism going into the '23 season. It will be interesting to see the starting lineup and full roster when the season gets underway.
          The 'full roster' is the key item.

Tort is signing transfers left and right (and enough WRs to fill up a bus).

So, the old IUP gear slinger either came in to some serious cash this off-season ... or, there's been some departures (which freed up money) that we don't know about yet. I really hope it's the first option. I do think in this crazy Twitter world ... we'd have heard about any departures.

Comment

One or two injuries, which are bound to happen, and you will be doing some fist pumps behind your computer screen knowing the outlook of what you just said changed. Every time a team from IUP is hyped to this extent, they fail miserably. Get into the playoffs and go from there. I'm making no reservations for any weekend past the final week of the season.
            I hear you ... but, that's not unique to IUP.

The lineup on Opening Night will unfortunately not be the same as the lineup at Clarion in early November. That's just football.

It appears, though, (as of June 9) that Tort will have more depth than any team he's had during his tenure.

I can say this ... I know our fancy new QB likes to run. But, well, I may close my eyes every time he takes off.

And, hopefully, Tort finally learned his lesson about playing stars in blowouts last year (because he's likely going to hammer some teams this Fall). Not once but twice Duane Brown was injured (two different seasons) while IUP was up by more than 30 points in the second half. Both were inexcusable.

Comment

Absolutely not, would never cheer injuries to any players. It'll be interesting to see how all the talent gels in Indiana, WR's by nature are a pain in the ass and very selfish. A lot of mouths to feed there. If the OL is as good as advertised, that alone should take them a long way and is the true jewel of their offseason recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Don’t the Swifties already have Bagent 2.0 in the pipeline?
                I don't think anyone has any idea how the QB battle in Sheptown is gonna shake out. I have heard Lek Powell has looked good, the transfer from VMI didn't come to sit on the bench though. Yes, little Bagent is supposed to be enrolled come fall, but he's probably a year away at best. He's behind where his brother was at the same stage physically and needs a year to live in the weight room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I don't think anyone has any idea how the QB battle in Sheptown is gonna shake out. I have heard Lek Powell has looked good, the transfer from VMI didn't come to sit on the bench though. Yes, little Bagent is supposed to be enrolled come fall, but he's probably a year away at best. He's behind where his brother was at the same stage physically and needs a year to live in the weight room.
                  I'm actually a little surprised he wanted to go to Shepherd. That's a lot to live up to (and he'll always be compared).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Most people on here don't like one another in a cyber world let alone in person.
                    LOL…this is probably true. Although IUP24 and I had some good laughs and sat together at Ashland a few years back. I think we mostly talked about the other personalities on here and how many of us have actually met. In the basketball regionals this year I was sitting next to a guy that was scrolling the board. I was curious, but didn’t ask.

Comment

The 'full roster' is the key item.

Tort is signing transfers left and right (and enough WRs to fill up a bus).

So, the old IUP gear slinger either came in to some serious cash this off-season ... or, there's been some departures (which freed up money) that we don't know about yet. I really hope it's the first option. I do think in this crazy Twitter world ... we'd have heard about any departures.
                      Another summer championship for IUP! It’s like Groundhog Day on the board. Joking aside, it has been an exciting few months and there are going to be a lot of kids here with impressive credentials and proven track records. The challenge is getting them to play as a team. We’ve seen this before when IUP filled the cupboard with transfers only to implode after dropping a game and letting it snowball into a forgettable season. That said, I’m a little more optimistic about this current group.

Not having too many departures is important per your note. This was a really good team last year with a lot coming back, and I think these additions compliment that group well. I think Tort and company set their sights on some key targets and went out and acquired them. They may be a little greedy at WR, but one of them is the best friend from back home of the new QB so not entirely a football move (but a wise one). Now the question is can Hunter get the ball into the hands of these guys. From his film it’s obvious he a huge run threat, but I don’t know that he’s going to be the thrower the last three guys here were. I think we’re looking at more of a Lenny Williams style offense, but with a bigger and stronger QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Absolutely not, would never cheer injuries to any players. It'll be interesting to see how all the talent gels in Indiana, WR's by nature are a pain in the ass and very selfish. A lot of mouths to feed there. If the OL is as good as advertised, that alone should take them a long way and is the true jewel of their offseason recruiting.
                        Whether you cheer them or not, I'm more or less just saying it's a long season. Injuries happen. Off-field things happen. Other teams have good players too. Sometimes it is just about who stays healthy and at specific positions. Who stays out of the newspaper for off-field stuff. They could have one injury to a guy a one position and things look much different. I'm not buying into anything happening at IUP until they start playing games.

Ashland had a lot of turnover, so perhaps playing them in an opening week game isn't a bad thing. That said, IUP is breaking in a bunch of "new" as well. That's a big boy program. They can lose that game. And then the margin for error looks a lot different the rest of the way. It doesn't matter the talent, playing in a "you better win to avoid a 2nd loss" situation every week can mentally tax a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Forget about the WR from WF most likely a walk on as that room is over stacked. Rumor has it a mammoth OL has flipped like a burger and is headed to Miller Stadium. Not a HS kid but western PA ties. This individual is in addition to Concord and UVW cats. IUP OL should be a sight to see especially with the grade A coaching they receive. SMH.
                          That will be another great addition if you land him. I thought he would land at Duquesne or st Francis. We’ll see

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

LOL…this is probably true. Although IUP24 and I had some good laughs and sat together at Ashland a few years back. I think we mostly talked about the other personalities on here and how many of us have actually met. In the basketball regionals this year I was sitting next to a guy that was scrolling the board. I was curious, but didn’t ask.
                            IUP24 probably wanted to have a silent game at Miller Stadium... FFS!

Comment

I hear you ... but, that's not unique to IUP.

The lineup on Opening Night will unfortunately not be the same as the lineup at Clarion in early November. That's just football.

It appears, though, (as of June 9) that Tort will have more depth than any team he's had during his tenure.

I can say this ... I know our fancy new QB likes to run. But, well, I may close my eyes every time he takes off.

And, hopefully, Tort finally learned his lesson about playing stars in blowouts last year (because he's likely going to hammer some teams this Fall). Not once but twice Duane Brown was injured (two different seasons) while IUP was up by more than 30 points in the second half. Both were inexcusable.
                              Ship had three QBs play a partial season last year due to injuries with the result that nobody firmly established himself at the position.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

IUP24 probably wanted to have a silent game at Miller Stadium... FFS!
                                Would be no different than the funeral crowds now, just with an overflow crowd.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X