Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting IUP Band news. My wife is getting her masters degree and is on campus for a summer intensive class. She had an opportunity to speak with Dr. Zach Cheever, who has taken over as the Marching Band Director. Of course, my wife mentioned the D2 Board (as we surprisingly talk about it often) and it seems like he is familiar with it. Her impression was very positive and he seems to be very interested in getting the band back to its old form. He has some neat ideas and an interesting perspective, as he was involved with the University of Colorado marching band. He’s not using the Crimson Express as a fight song, but you will hear it occasionally. As for Cherokee, unfortunately that isn’t coming back. He checked into it and found that the university will receive a hefty fine from the NCAA. Only one NCAA member school is allowed to play it, and it’s apparently in Florida. So, if someone is willing to pay the fine, you could theoretically see it come back. On a side note, he seems to get along with Tort and the AD, which wasn’t the case with the previous director. So far, it seems like things are moving in a positive direction. Now if only my wife could help me get a connection with the football or basketball program, then I’d have it made.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
      Some interesting IUP Band news. My wife is getting her masters degree and is on campus for a summer intensive class. She had an opportunity to speak with Dr. Zach Cheever, who has taken over as the Marching Band Director. Of course, my wife mentioned the D2 Board (as we surprisingly talk about it often) and it seems like he is familiar with it. Her impression was very positive and he seems to be very interested in getting the band back to its old form. He has some neat ideas and an interesting perspective, as he was involved with the University of Colorado marching band. He’s not using the Crimson Express as a fight song, but you will hear it occasionally. As for Cherokee, unfortunately that isn’t coming back. He checked into it and found that the university will receive a hefty fine from the NCAA. Only one NCAA member school is allowed to play it, and it’s apparently in Florida. So, if someone is willing to pay the fine, you could theoretically see it come back. On a side note, he seems to get along with Tort and the AD, which wasn’t the case with the previous director. So far, it seems like things are moving in a positive direction. Now if only my wife could help me get a connection with the football or basketball program, then I’d have it made.
      It’s bogus they can’t play Cherokee. Why do the rules for imagery on the sports team affect what a Band plays?

The Flori-duh State School For Finger Painting bribed their way to keep their racist nickname and war chant.

If it’s racist then it’s all racist. Not it’s racist but if you got the cash you can still be racist.

At least he ditched Crimson Abomination. I swear the last dude created that ness to piss everyone off.

The new guy also had signing days for high school seniors joining the band much like athletes do and posted it on social
      nedia. I thought that was really cool. The fact he had Doc back at the alumni band day was telling and exciting!

Make IUP…IUP Again!
      Last edited by IUPNation; 06-22-2023, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
        Some interesting IUP Band news. My wife is getting her masters degree and is on campus for a summer intensive class. She had an opportunity to speak with Dr. Zach Cheever, who has taken over as the Marching Band Director. Of course, my wife mentioned the D2 Board (as we surprisingly talk about it often) and it seems like he is familiar with it. Her impression was very positive and he seems to be very interested in getting the band back to its old form. He has some neat ideas and an interesting perspective, as he was involved with the University of Colorado marching band. He’s not using the Crimson Express as a fight song, but you will hear it occasionally. As for Cherokee, unfortunately that isn’t coming back. He checked into it and found that the university will receive a hefty fine from the NCAA. Only one NCAA member school is allowed to play it, and it’s apparently in Florida. So, if someone is willing to pay the fine, you could theoretically see it come back. On a side note, he seems to get along with Tort and the AD, which wasn’t the case with the previous director. So far, it seems like things are moving in a positive direction. Now if only my wife could help me get a connection with the football or basketball program, then I’d have it made.
        You'd be amazed how many associated with the big two programs read all the crap on here religiously.

Just pay close attention in August when the players are in camp and have nothing to do at night. We get about 15 new IUP posters every year. Coincidence, I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You'd be amazed how many associated with the big two programs read all the crap on here religiously.

Just pay close attention in August when the players are in camp and have nothing to do at night. We get about 15 new IUP posters every year. Coincidence, I'm sure.
          I dread the return of The Personalities.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I dread the return of The Personalities.
            That's just because you don't know ball or the game inside the game. Now something about how IUP will roll past some team.

FACT!

Did I do it right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

That's just because you don't know ball or the game inside the game. Now something about how IUP will roll past some team.

FACT!

Did I do it right?
              You nailed it.

Comment

FACT!

Did I do it right?
                Lol

Comment

FACT!

Did I do it right?
                  Very good!

Comment

• Sheetz by campus is closing in July.

https://www.wdadradio.com/2023/06/22...c_ref=facebook

It should be upgraded to a Wawa anyway!

Comment

Sheetz by campus is closing in July.

It's dead all summer. Locals won't go there so it makes no money in the summer.

They basically sell chips and beer. There's no gas and a very limited supply of other products. They don't even sell milk there.

Indiana has two other full-scale Sheetz locations.

That said, the campus location is a good location. Parking is very limited. My guess is another coffee shop. Indiana needs 14 of them.

Comment

It's dead all summer. Locals won't go there so it makes no money in the summer.

They basically sell chips and beer. There's no gas and a very limited supply of other products. They don't even sell milk there.

Indiana has two other full-scale Sheetz locations.

That said, the campus location is a good location. Parking is very limited. My guess is another coffee shop. Indiana needs 14 of them.
                        If they campus lobbies Wawa to take it over you might get more kids going there from SEPA. :-)

Comment

Sheetz by campus is closing in July.

It would make sense for Wawa at that location, considering their incursion into Sheetz territory. I am going to send Wawa a note about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It would make sense for Wawa at that location, considering their incursion into Sheetz territory. I am going to send Wawa a note about it.
                            It will be the same issue. They can't put gas there so it's just a 'market' location. So, there's no business from May 7 to end of August.

Dunkin Donuts has been in a pissing match with the borough over a location on Philly St.

I could see them moving in there. Starbucks could also go in but it would cripple the other 7 mom-pop coffee shops in town so Indiana may keep them out.

Comment

It will be the same issue. They can't put gas there so it's just a 'market' location. So, there's no business from May 7 to end of August.

Dunkin Donuts has been in a pissing match with the borough over a location on Philly St.

I could see them moving in there. Starbucks could also go in but it would cripple the other 7 mom-pop coffee shops in town so Indiana may keep them out.
                              Sheetz also closed a non gas store in Downtown State College as well.

Wawa has pretty much closed all of their old stores that were open before they started selling gas and built new stores with pumps nearby...you can see the many buildings in SEPA that were old Wawa's that are now repurposed.

Sheetz is probably doing the same thing.

Comment

Dunkin is going down the street a bit near the new DG Market. That’s a done deal after months of ridiculous political posturing over the proposed Philly Street location.

I’m curious what will end up at the location once Sheetz is gone. Seems like a great place for another vape shop! Maybe a combined vape/coffee/pawn shop. Joking aside, I’m not sure what’s left to do there. The DG Market is casting a big shadow over it now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X