Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    One person was killed and at least five others injured in a shooting after midnight in Indiana (not on campus). It was at a community center near the Chevy Chase section of town. Suspect is at large. It's all over the news for more details.

WPXI is reporting the victims were "college aged" but stressed it was not an IUP-sanctioned event. The shooting occured around 12:35 a.m.
    I know exactly where theChase Center is..it used to be where LGBT dances were held back in the day..many would be students.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I know exactly where theChase Center is..it used to be where LGBT dances were held back in the day..many would be students.
      Currently 2 victims who were wounded are IUP students. There may be more. Also there is likely more than 1 shooter. Of course it’s all preliminary and may change. The person killed was from Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Strangely, I recall a lot of people who know football who thought that. Not sure why but they did.
        Because it met their narrative that's why! Tort is a people pleaser with the Alumni. Curt did what it took to win. Just look at what he's doing at JMU. He's a winner!

Comment

• Any updates on Karst?

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If it was homecoming related it wasn’t on campus. Not even close to campus really. I don’t know how I didn’t hear three helicopters coming in because this is .5 miles from my house and basically adjacent to Indiana High School. Reliable updates are hard to find but apparently two suspects were driving west on Route 22 (toward Pittsburgh for what it’s worth) in a gray sedan. I’m not sharing any personal descriptions because I can’t speak to the reliability of the information.
            I think something similar happened at IUP Homecoming weekend several years ago, but this has happened at several schools Homecoming weekends. Unaffiliated individual rents a hall and throws a party targeting students & alumni of certain orgs. Gets out of control. People injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Because it met their narrative that's why! Tort is a people pleaser with the Alumni. Curt did what it took to win. Just look at what he's doing at JMU. He's a winner!
              He didn’t do enough at IUP.

Comment

• Here they go:

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...ity-to-endure/

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  Pathetic Lazy Reporting.

Its like when the lazy sports media uses snowball at Santa agsinst Philly fans when that happened in 1968.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    That place is 2 or 3 miles from campus.

But, as two victims are IUP students, it will be linked.

Comment

• Anybody know how many punts IUP has had blocked in the past 3 years? It has to be a big number (maybe one of the highest in D2).

How does this keep happening (for you X's and O's folk) ?

I know somebody screwed something up. There has to be more to it ... formations, punter too slow, etc.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• News conference just stated the party had about 150 people and everybody paid a fee to enter via an app. Police were actually there at about 12 a.m. for an initial noise complaint. After being told the music would be turned down, police left but had a mounted unit head toward there.

All the shots were fired inside the building. PSP said 'dozens' of shots were fired.

Suspect(s) still at large. They do not believe there is a current threat to the community. Names of the victims have not been released.
                        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-08-2023, 03:59 PM.

Comment

That place is 2 or 3 miles from campus.

But, as two victims are IUP students, it will be linked.
                          Right. It’s nowhere near campus. However, they did tout it as an “Official” IUP Homecoming After Party, although that’s what the organizers called it. It was not affiliated with IUP other than it being tied to homecoming. Here’s the link to the event: https://happeningnext.com/event/offi...eid4so5efm8tg1

It was $33 to enter. It also says “Security will be present for the safety of our audience. No BS tolerated.” Well, so much for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I referenced mass shootings which is defined as at least 4 people shot.
                            The point is these "mass" shootings are not so radically unusual but are wildly publicized in the information age. In times past they were ignored because of who the victims were. No one cared how many gangsters or poor died as long as the middle class weren't involved. In a similar way heroin related deaths didn't matter because of who was usiing and dying. But when fentanyl reached the suburbs it's a national catastrophe.. As the stats indicate per capita gun deaths have ranged from 5.5-7.5 for many decades. Oddly suicides by gun are a much bigger issue and are rarely mentioned since there isn't a spectacular news angle to play up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                              The point is these "mass" shootings are not so radically unusual but are wildly publicized in the information age. In times past they were ignored because of who the victims were. No one cared how many gangsters or poor died as long as the middle class weren't involved. In a similar way heroin related deaths didn't matter because of who was usiing and dying. But when fentanyl reached the suburbs it's a national catastrophe.. As the stats indicate per capita gun deaths have ranged from 5.5-7.5 for many decades. Oddly suicides by gun are a much bigger issue and are rarely mentioned since there isn't a spectacular news angle to play up.
                              The frequency has increased exponentially.

Comment

News conference just stated the party had about 150 people and everybody paid a fee to enter via an app. Police were actually there at about 12 a.m. for an initial noise complaint. After being told the music would be turned down, police left but had a mounted unit head toward there.

All the shots were fired inside the building. PSP said 'dozens' of shots were fired.

Suspect(s) still at large. They do not believe there is a current threat to the community. Names of the victims have not been released.
                                It’s not that big inside. It has a foyer area with a stairway downstairs to the restrooms otherwise it’s just a room. It’s a wonder more were not hit.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X