Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Dunkin is going down the street a bit near the new DG Market. That’s a done deal after months of ridiculous political posturing over the proposed Philly Street location.

I’m curious what will end up at the location once Sheetz is gone. Seems like a great place for another vape shop! Maybe a combined vape/coffee/pawn shop. Joking aside, I’m not sure what’s left to do there. The DG Market is casting a big shadow over it now.
    Dollar General has a market? Is it scary?

Comment

Dunkin is going down the street a bit near the new DG Market. That’s a done deal after months of ridiculous political posturing over the proposed Philly Street location.

I’m curious what will end up at the location once Sheetz is gone. Seems like a great place for another vape shop! Maybe a combined vape/coffee/pawn shop. Joking aside, I’m not sure what’s left to do there. The DG Market is casting a big shadow over it now.
      How about a 6th tattoo parlor?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Dollar General has a market? Is it scary?
        It's actually pretty nice. Much better than a typical DG.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

How about a 6th tattoo parlor?
          Tatted up people is so cliche these days.

Comment

It's actually pretty nice. Much better than a typical DG.
            We only have Dollar Tree near me and it’s in a repurposed Walgreens.

Comment

Tatted up people is so cliche these days.
              You're pretty much the minority if you aren't inked up these days -- especially in the 15 to 24 demographic.

Comment

You're pretty much the minority if you aren't inked up these days -- especially in the 15 to 24 demographic.
                It’s so beyond tired.

Comment

It's a real shame that the Giant Eagle Express was getting ripped off as much as they were and had to close. That was a really nice store when I was on campus. It was a nice place to go pick up some grocery items for students without a car. They had all the same made to order food offerings of a GetGo and more. And they had a lot of other prepared stuff too to purchase. Nice seating area too. Were open late on the weekends. Fancy coffee offerings for people in the morning. It was a nice model.

That was a great size and location for that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It's a real shame that the Giant Eagle Express was getting ripped off as much as they were and had to close. That was a really nice store when I was on campus. It was a nice place to go pick up some grocery items for students without a car. They had all the same made to order food offerings of a GetGo and more. And they had a lot of other prepared stuff too to purchase. Nice seating area too. Were open late on the weekends. Fancy coffee offerings for people in the morning. It was a nice model.

Who was ripping it off?

Comment

I think the Giant Eagle Express was eliminated overall, so maybe the Indiana location was a victim to a larger strategic move. The only "express" location I remember seeing anymore is a Market District Express on Rt 19 in Upper St Clair. There are some expanded GetGo locations but I they don't seem to have the young people following like Sheetz & Wawa. Just like if they put a flagship Turkey Hill in Millersville, the Sheetz would still do better.

Comment

To think there once were once two super markets within walking distance of campus along Wayne Ave. The old Riverside which became a Bi Lo and then the Giant Iggle. The Riverside was much nicer than the Giant Iggle.

Comment

To think there once were once two super markets within walking distance of campus along Wayne Ave. The old Riverside which became a Bi Lo and then the Giant Iggle. The Riverside was much nicer than the Giant Iggle.
                          Yeah the old Giant Eagle near campus was a dump.

The Giant Eagle Express was fantastic. One stop shop.

The other BILO is still hanging on. Martin's (in Regency Plaza) is very nice.

Comment

Who was ripping it off?
                            The students who were taking goods out of the store without paying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think the Giant Eagle Express was eliminated overall, so maybe the Indiana location was a victim to a larger strategic move. The only "express" location I remember seeing anymore is a Market District Express on Rt 19 in Upper St Clair. There are some expanded GetGo locations but I they don't seem to have the young people following like Sheetz & Wawa. Just like if they put a flagship Turkey Hill in Millersville, the Sheetz would still do better.
                              I believe they did eliminate GE Express altogether. The closing of the store in Indiana had much to do with a lot of product getting legs. It was a nice model. I think it could succeed in a town like Indiana, or a college town in general. It had a nice ability to pull in all sorts of customers.

Great small grocery store for those on-campus or just off campus who did not have a car. Expansive menu of already prepared hot and cold items. Made to order touch screens like Sheetz, Wawa, Getgo, etc. Seating that it managed to be used as a study area/coffee shop for the yuppie/hipster type students. It had a very nice draw and appeal. I remember going there to get food with friends on weekend nights when other things were closed.

Comment

The students who were taking goods out of the store without paying.
                                Hopefully karma paid them a visit.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X