Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Didn't say I'd want any. Just said they'd get applicants.

It's a good job when a blowhard isn't in charge. Good pay and resources.
    Enough $$$ to get a D2 POWER CONF (MIAA, LSC, SAC) HC/OC to settle in Western PA ???

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

couldn’t get the first TD - 3rd and goal from the 1, lousy call on 4th down, missed xp, couldn’t get first down to ice the game, absolutely horrible call. And then, on the last play, they roughed the kicker, so if he would’ve missed he’d have gotten another try from closer. I’m sure they won’t get rid of tort, but they could insist on a staff shake up. With all the fails on the one yard sneaks at least take a look at things like strength training
      Soft

No other word

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Enough $$$ to get a D2 POWER CONF (MIAA, LSC, SAC) HC/OC to settle in Western PA ???
        Who knows. You'd be surprised who may come calling.

I can guarantee the next coach at IUP will not be of the dinosaur variety. The brass that actually pulls the strings (the big donors) are going to want 'modern' coaching.

Tort and his BFFs are a last grasp to the glory Frank years. Their important supporters are fading fast. Time to move on.

Comment

• We have a two game losing streak to LIT AF.

Let that sink in.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            We have a two game losing streak to LIT AF.

Let that sink in.
            You're may lose at Clarion next week. Let that sink in.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-29-2023, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• Anyone that is a Tort supporter at this point really doesn’t know football.

Comment

• The ineptitude is in all facets of the game so I think the HC should be fired. Get a whole new staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I’m not sure it really is a great job anymore. Football plays second fiddle to basketball at IUP, the facilities aren’t competitive, and the money backing the program isn’t getting younger. If the administration doesn’t make some major moves now, it’s going to be too late. IUP football can get used to finishing in the middle of the pack in the West.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’m not sure it really is a great job anymore. Football plays second fiddle to basketball at IUP, the facilities aren’t competitive, and the money backing the program isn’t getting younger. If the administration doesn’t make some major moves now, it’s going to be too late. IUP football can get used to finishing in the middle of the pack in the West.
                    Two games to go. Middle may be a reach.

Clarion is at least still fighting unlike Tort's bunch. Bloom beat Shepherd today.

Remember I said last week they won't win again.

Comment

• A damn shame! 4-5!
                      A disgrace to the past teams at IUP that would never allow for a season like this. Would like to know what these coaches saw when projecting them 1st in the west this year! Stomped by slip and cal, losses to below average seton hill, gannon, and East stroudsburg!!! Awful.
                      Coaches better figure it out!

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Two games to go. Middle may be a reach.

Clarion is at least still fighting unlike Tort's bunch. Bloom beat Shepherd today.

Remember I said last week they won't win again.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonHawkAlum View Post
                        A damn shame! 4-5!
                        A disgrace to the past teams at IUP that would never allow for a season like this. Would like to know what these coaches saw when projecting them 1st in the west this year! Stomped by slip and cal, losses to below average seton hill, gannon, and East stroudsburg!!! Awful.
                        Coaches better figure it out!

That's a great, great point. The teams that built the IUP tradition would roll over in their graves this season.

Make no mistake, the coaches were correct in the preseason. IUP had a loaded roster. Remember the Titantic, the 'unsinkable ship' was sent right in to an iceberg. There's a correlation there.

This team throwing in the towel (weeks ago) is a different subject, but, hell, it's their legacy. Nothing we can do about it. Every other IUP team since 1980 would have put that game away today about 19 different times. This team can't get a yard to clinch a win. Says it all.

Comment

• Today and the East Stroudsburg clock management, you can blame AT LEAST 2 losses on those coaches. Should be at least 6-3 right now for an “average” year. Whatever is going on in Memorial Field House needs figured out ASAP!!!

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's a great, great point. The teams that built the IUP tradition would roll over in their graves this season.

Make no mistake, the coaches were correct in the preseason. IUP had a loaded roster. Remember the Titantic, the 'unsinkable ship' was sent right in to an iceberg. There's a correlation there.

This team throwing in the towel (weeks ago) is a different subject, but, hell, it's their legacy. Nothing we can do about it. Every other IUP team since 1980 would have put that game away today about 19 different times. This team can't get a yard to clinch a win. Says it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                            The ineptitude is in all facets of the game so I think the HC should be fired. Get a whole new staff.
                            The GroundHog is our most patient and sane fan on here. When he says this ... there's problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Agreed. Joe surpassed the football program long ago. He's the big fish. Remember for years on here the backlash we got for saying Joe passed them by?

But, he's also nearing retirement. IUP is still a great D2 football job in my opinion. Yes, the facilities suck. But, they've sucked since 1985. That's nothing new.

Joe has built a younger audience. A new football coach could, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                                Anyone that is a Tort supporter at this point really doesn’t know football.
                                I just saw a few of the Personalities on the side of a milk carton.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X