Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    As of today, Thursday is looking around 75 degrees and mostly sunny in Indiana.
    The game is going to be webcast, right? I don't see a link yet on IUP's website or on the d2football website. d2football doesn't have the game listed under "Scores."

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The game is going to be webcast, right? I don't see a link yet on IUP's website or on the d2football website. d2football doesn't have the game listed under "Scores."
      PSAC Sports app should have it I think. That was my plan for Thursday night.

Comment

IUP always posts the link late. It will be there (eventually).

Comment

Last three IUP vs. Ashland games have been decided by 13 points -- combined. IUP won all three but could just have easily lost all three.

I know for certain IUP considers this one of its biggest games of the year.

I'd guess the score will be in the 24-21 range.
          Should be a great game as always. Will be interesting to see what new Coach and QB will bring for AU. Although 95% of the old coaching staff is still there so I doubt it will look much different.

Comment

• Originally posted by unc4life View Post

Should be a great game as always. Will be interesting to see what new Coach and QB will bring for AU. Although 95% of the old coaching staff is still there so I doubt it will look much different.
            Kind of an ironic twist back to the first meeting in 2017. Entering that game IUP's Paul Tortorella was making his head coach debut (after being a long-time assistant here).

Tort was definitely more of a 'players' coach' than Curt Cignetti (who left for Elon and is now HC at James Madison). I know that '17 team really responded to having new leadership.

Ashland has travelled here pretty well both games ('17 and the playoff game last season). It should be a pretty good atmosphere. IUP student attendance is typically pretty strong for the first game (then falls off a cliff).

FYI for anybody coming to town, the Indiana County Fair is going on all week (big event with big crowds). So, the parking is going to be a circus on Thursday night. The Fair (and all its parking) is pretty close to Miller Stadium.

Comment

Kind of an ironic twist back to the first meeting in 2017. Entering that game IUP's Paul Tortorella was making his head coach debut (after being a long-time assistant here).

Tort was definitely more of a 'players' coach' than Curt Cignetti (who left for Elon and is now HC at James Madison). I know that '17 team really responded to having new leadership.

Ashland has travelled here pretty well both games ('17 and the playoff game last season). It should be a pretty good atmosphere. IUP student attendance is typically pretty strong for the first game (then falls off a cliff).

FYI for anybody coming to town, the Indiana County Fair is going on all week (big event with big crowds). So, the parking is going to be a circus on Thursday night. The Fair (and all its parking) is pretty close to Miller Stadium.
              Any idea when parking lots open on Thursday? Would it be different because the game is during the week and not on a Saturday?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Any idea when parking lots open on Thursday? Would it be different because the game is during the week and not on a Saturday?
                Not positive but I'd guess 5 p.m. at the latest. Classes started yesterday so the Eberly Lot will be messy just with daily campus traffic. The big lot over across Wayne (the old BI-LO area) will be jammed due to the fair. Thursday night is one of the bigger nights over there due to several stage events. I'd 'assume' the KCAC lot will be reserved for football (pay per space) parking. The lot behind Zink was just re-paved a couple weeks back and should be open (paid parking). It's going to be a bit messy. I'd just arrive a bit earlier than a typical game -- especially any fans that have issues walking a bit as you may be parking further away than normal.

Comment

Not positive but I'd guess 5 p.m. at the latest. Classes started yesterday so the Eberly Lot will be messy just with daily campus traffic. The big lot over across Wayne (the old BI-LO area) will be jammed due to the fair. Thursday night is one of the bigger nights over there due to several stage events. I'd 'assume' the KCAC lot will be reserved for football (pay per space) parking. The lot behind Zink was just re-paved a couple weeks back and should be open (paid parking). It's going to be a bit messy. I'd just arrive a bit earlier than a typical game -- especially any fans that have issues walking a bit as you may be parking further away than normal.
                  Probably a good guess. University office hours are until 4:30pm so that gives them a little bit to vacate and convert the lot to tailgate town. There are some real deal football jabronies who need to get into that lot to talk ball while downing Miller Lite. Just sayin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Probably a good guess. University office hours are until 4:30pm so that gives them a little bit to vacate and convert the lot to tailgate town. There are some real deal football jabronies who need to get into that lot to talk ball while downing Miller Lite. Just sayin.
                    I've been monitoring flight logs at Jimmy's airport ... watching for any flights inbound from Boca.

Comment

I've been monitoring flight logs at Jimmy's airport ... watching for any flights inbound from Boca.
                      More likely to have a flight in from Del Boca Vista.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The tail gate BBQ takes up many spots!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The tail gate BBQ takes up many spots!
                          #talkin'-ball

Comment

#talkin'-ball
                            I’ve already been banned to partake.

:-)

Comment

#talkin'-ball
                              All of the VIP tailgating spots are sold out for the season. The Personalities scooped them up

Lots of ball talking this year!!!

Comment

They will probably post a link to view the Ashland game on the IUP football website main page but it is really already on the website ...... if you go to the IUP Football website and click on Schedule the first game listed is obviously Ashland and in the bottom right corner of the Ashland "box" on the schedule are 3 small icons (the first looks like a little computer screen, the second a sound icon, and the third are 3 small vertical lines all followed by the word History ...... if you click on the computer-like icon, the webcast comes up to watch the game, the second icon is for the radio broadcast, the 3rd for game stats, and the History gives a brief history of IUP vs Ashland games.
                                Last edited by goalieman; 08-29-2023, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X