Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Getting cute with short yardage seems to be common in college football as coaches vie to be the smartest guy in the room. I've seen Penn State, which touts its team as having two of the nation's best running backs and a guy they claim is all-world at left tackle, pass on 4th-and-one situations in several games, including Ohio State. This despite, the fact that they've had success in those situations with their modified T formation in the past as well as version of the Eagles' push the QB from behind deal (which really should go back to being outlawed. It's become ridiculous). Lost in the glow of Ohio State coach Ryan Day's victory in the Penn State game was the failure of OSU in a fourth-and-two at the goal line when they tried a pass. The ground around Woody Hayes's grave probably shuddered after that one.

All I know is IUP has a legit stud at FB in Parker Gregg (whom they don't use at all). He can run and is an imposing 6'2", 240 lbs.

Give him the dang ball. No way he's not getting less than a foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The Lord of the Timeout had plenty to say last night.

I thought it was probably one of his better shows of the year. That is, of course, if you buy what he's selling.

I will give him credit for doing the show. Many coaches in our league (basketball and football) tend to only do these shows when things are going well. They obviously couldn't be going any worse in Indiana.

I actually don't think the Gannon travesty was on Tort. This one was more on the players. He didn't miss the extra point. He wasn't on the offense that couldn't gain 8" to win the game (twice). HIs offense stunk the whole second half (got shutout). Granted, you can make a case on Larry Wilson's performance, whom Tort oversees.

Had you told me they'd hold Gannon to 16 points -- including a 51-yard FG in the rain -- I'd have taken IUP all day long.

How their short-yardage offense is so horrible has to keep him up at night. It's really maddening. Are they getting too cute rather than just ramming it home? Perhaps. But, when you can't get a single yard in two tries with the game on the line ... that's just disheartening. Embarrassing, really.

As for XPs, Tort might as well start going for two.

Regardless, the show goes on the road this weekend. Clarion has lost a lot of close games (four one-score losses). So, that translates to me that this IUP team will somehow find a way to make this a one-score game. Hopefully they can be on the right side of it this week.

Tyrone Fowler's status wasn't discussed. Being the IG used the word 'indefinately' yesterday, I'd assume he will not play this week.

Very, very few teams at IUP have had a losing record in the past 50 years. You'ld think (hope) that would be enough to light a fire with this bunch.
      One losing season since 1982.

Comment

Getting cute with short yardage seems to be common in college football as coaches vie to be the smartest guy in the room. I've seen Penn State, which touts its team as having two of the nation's best running backs and a guy they claim is all-world at left tackle, pass on 4th-and-one situations in several games, including Ohio State. This despite, the fact that they've had success in those situations with their modified T formation in the past as well as version of the Eagles' push the QB from behind deal (which really should go back to being outlawed. It's become ridiculous). Lost in the glow of Ohio State coach Ryan Day's victory in the Penn State game was the failure of OSU in a fourth-and-two at the goal line when they tried a pass. The ground around Woody Hayes's grave probably shuddered after that one.
        It’s hysterical how the Eagles are good at something everyone wants to ban it. Then the rest of the country lives to discount the success any team from Philadelphia ever has..

America…your anti Philly bullschitt is getting old and tiresome.

Comment

All I know is IUP has a legit stud at FB in Parker Gregg (whom they don't use at all). He can run and is an imposing 6'2", 240 lbs.

Give him the dang ball. No way he's not getting less than a foot.
          Strangely, he was used so little. IUP has been terrible in short-yardage situations throughout Tort's tenure. It goes back several years.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Strangely, he was used so little. IUP has been terrible in short-yardage situations throughout Tort's tenure. It goes back several years.
            Except in the Edinboro game ... which IUP beat a team it should have (like the last two games). He played a ton in second half.

Comment

• Although the XPs have been an issue, the one against Gannon was blocked.. not the kicker’s fault. Guy came off the edge untouched.I believe this is the second or third that was blocked this year along with two punts. You need to look at the whole process, the snap, the hold, the blocking and the kick. The kicker has missed 2 field goals in two years not bad and could hit from 50 plus if given the opportunity.

there is a fine line between winning and losing… unfortunately things didn’t go IUPs way this year… they will be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marine1 View Post
                Although the XPs have been an issue, the one against Gannon was blocked.. not the kicker’s fault. Guy came off the edge untouched.I believe this is the second or third that was blocked this year along with two punts. You need to look at the whole process, the snap, the hold, the blocking and the kick. The kicker has missed 2 field goals in two years not bad and could hit from 50 plus if given the opportunity.
                Are you the kickers dad or something? Definitely can’t remember 3 blocked XPs. MAYBE 2. I’ll give you SOME credit on the blocking and snaps though. I’ve seen that holder reaching for balls a time or two. On the hitting from 50 yds though… He can’t even hit from 20…

Comment

• Originally posted by Marine1 View Post
                  Although the XPs have been an issue, the one against Gannon was blocked.. not the kicker’s fault. Guy came off the edge untouched.I believe this is the second or third that was blocked this year along with two punts. You need to look at the whole process, the snap, the hold, the blocking and the kick. The kicker has missed 2 field goals in two years not bad and could hit from 50 plus if given the opportunity.

there is a fine line between winning and losing… unfortunately things didn’t go IUPs way this year… they will be fine.
                  When you suck, you suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It’s hysterical how the Eagles are good at something everyone wants to ban it. Then the rest of the country lives to discount the success any team from Philadelphia ever has..

America…your anti Philly bullschitt is getting old and tiresome.
                    Don't care if it's the Eagles or Penn State. It's b.s football. If you want to play rugby, play rugby.

Comment

Don't care if it's the Eagles or Penn State. It's b.s football. If you want to play rugby, play rugby.
                      Option foosball is bs foosball.

Comment

• The "robbery" incident took a turn to the bizarre.

https://www.thepenn.org/news/suspect...G1pvDG5_FvMnnY

Comment

Option foosball is bs foosball.
                          It was nearly unstoppable on Sega Genesis

Comment

• I got an envelope in the mail today from IUP with "IUP Foosball News Inside" on it.

The letter was rather funny...all happy and optimistic about the season.

They obviously made it all up before everything went off a cliff.

Needless to say, it went into the shredder.

No money for you!

Comment

I got an envelope in the mail today from IUP with "IUP Foosball News Inside" on it.

The letter was rather funny...all happy and optimistic about the season.

They obviously made it all up before everything went off a cliff.

Needless to say, it went into the shredder.

No money for you!
                              Write a big check. Tort can buy some transfers and have them ready in 3 years.

Comment

Write a big check. Tort can buy some transfers and have them ready in 3 years.
                                My drink nearly exited my mouth on that one! LOL

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X