Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The robber showed more effort than our offense or defense in that stadium.
    True, but then he missed the extra point.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I have to admit, this made me laugh. A little levity I suppose.

It’s very hard to win consistently, especially championships. When you get used to it, it’s hard to take such a colossal crash. The casual fan base is just shocked but probably doesn’t care all that much. The diehards want to see heads roll. What really matters is what the people pumping in the money want. My best guess is this football administration gets a year to turn it around, but not two. Lou Tepper got a second year after a really bad season, but didn’t get a third. Different AD so we’re about to learn about the patience of the current one. There’s always more to a story too, which most of us won’t know about. The combination of “that story”, the most recent results, and overall track record will make up the equation that equals the decision.
      IUP also had the cash to buy him out whatever that cost. I'll be honest, unless someone floats the cash, I'll be surprised if they can Tort. He's got to have a few years left after the last couple seasons success.

Comment

• Tort's quote from IG article today;
        “I don’t really have any answers,” he finally said.

Let that sink in.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          Tort's quote from IG article today;

Let that sink in.
          Losing Saturday may have been worse than losing the ESU game. Of course, they couldn't gain 6 inches in Greensburg, either.

The only good thing that can happen is for this season to end and start over.

I almost feel bad for Tort and Jack having to do that show again tonight.

Amazingly this team should be 7-2 right now despite how bad it is playing. They've literally given three wins away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

IUP also had the cash to buy him out whatever that cost. I'll be honest, unless someone floats the cash, I'll be surprised if they can Tort. He's got to have a few years left after the last couple seasons success.
            Unless he 'retires' he's not being fired. I can guarantee it.

Like I said, Tort could come back with a bang next year. He has money to spend, and, in theory, a lot coming back next year.

This season went to crap with the timeout fiasco and we just saw the snowball effect from there. This team lacked leadership and it was very apparent. When the balloon popped there was nobody there to fix it.

These last two weeks we've seen an uninterested team still find creative ways to lose games. To watch an IUP team not physically close that game out Saturday was sickening.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Losing Saturday may have been worse than losing the ESU game. Of course, they couldn't gain 6 inches in Greensburg, either.

The only good thing that can happen is for this season to end and start over.

I almost feel bad for Tort and Jack having to do that show again tonight.

Amazingly this team should be 7-2 right now despite how bad it is playing. They've literally given three wins away.
              But you have to have answers, even in the worst of times. Not demonstrating an ability to deal with adversity, not having answers, is a recipe for history repeating itself. Out of everyone involved, he is the one who has to have an answer. Maybe the comment was just a spur-of-the-moment slip of the tongue but it is what we are seeing week to week. No answer. You gotta have an answer. In my job, I can't tell my boss that I don't have an answer.

Comment

• Some good news in Cignettiville: https://triblive.com/local/regional/...lassroom-hall/

Comment

But you have to have answers, even in the worst of times. Not demonstrating an ability to deal with adversity, not having answers, is a recipe for history repeating itself. Out of everyone involved, he is the one who has to have an answer. Maybe the comment was just a spur-of-the-moment slip of the tongue but it is what we are seeing week to week. No answer. You gotta have an answer. In my job, I can't tell my boss that I don't have an answer.
                  You'll hear plenty of answers tonight. Hell, you may even get blamed. He's running out of options.

Comment

Let that sink in.
                    Holy ****!!!

And I say this as an Eagles fan who had to listen to Fat Bastard’s (Andy Reid) nonsensical excuses for over a decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      Stright and Sally B. Both probably need a modernization renovation. Stright is from the 70’s and Sally B was built when I was on campus..so it’s now old too.

Comment

• I’d like to think Bagent’s use of THE on his introduction on SNF was inspired by the title of this thread.

And him saying THE Indiana University of Pennsylvania would have sounded more impressive too.

:-)

Comment

• The only bright spot to this disaster is that for once IUP isn’t an SOS booster for anyone…it makes us tanking the next two games almost attractive just to **** up East Dennyburg, Slimey and Mon Valley U’s SOS numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                            The only bright spot to this disaster is that for once IUP isn’t an SOS booster for anyone…it makes us tanking the next two games almost attractive just to **** up East Dennyburg, Slimey and Mon Valley U’s SOS numbers.
                            This season had one single bright spot. It was the last drive of the Ashland game. That was the only 'moment' of the entire season.

Wow, does that seem so long ago.

Other than that, box up the tapes, toss them in a hole and do some burial dance. Put this season to sleep and pretend it never happened.

Comment

Let that sink in.

The Lord of the Timeout had plenty to say last night.

I thought it was probably one of his better shows of the year. That is, of course, if you buy what he's selling.

I will give him credit for doing the show. Many coaches in our league (basketball and football) tend to only do these shows when things are going well. They obviously couldn't be going any worse in Indiana.

I actually don't think the Gannon travesty was on Tort. This one was more on the players. He didn't miss the extra point. He wasn't on the offense that couldn't gain 8" to win the game (twice). HIs offense stunk the whole second half (got shutout). Granted, you can make a case on Larry Wilson's performance, whom Tort oversees.

Had you told me they'd hold Gannon to 16 points -- including a 51-yard FG in the rain -- I'd have taken IUP all day long.

How their short-yardage offense is so horrible has to keep him up at night. It's really maddening. Are they getting too cute rather than just ramming it home? Perhaps. But, when you can't get a single yard in two tries with the game on the line ... that's just disheartening. Embarrassing, really.

As for XPs, Tort might as well start going for two.

Regardless, the show goes on the road this weekend. Clarion has lost a lot of close games (four one-score losses). So, that translates to me that this IUP team will somehow find a way to make this a one-score game. Hopefully they can be on the right side of it this week.

Tyrone Fowler's status wasn't discussed. Being the IG used the word 'indefinately' yesterday, I'd assume he will not play this week.

Very, very few teams at IUP have had a losing record in the past 50 years. You'ld think (hope) that would be enough to light a fire with this bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The Lord of the Timeout had plenty to say last night.

I thought it was probably one of his better shows of the year. That is, of course, if you buy what he's selling.

I will give him credit for doing the show. Many coaches in our league (basketball and football) tend to only do these shows when things are going well. They obviously couldn't be going any worse in Indiana.

I actually don't think the Gannon travesty was on Tort. This one was more on the players. He didn't miss the extra point. He wasn't on the offense that couldn't gain 8" to win the game (twice). HIs offense stunk the whole second half (got shutout). Granted, you can make a case on Larry Wilson's performance, whom Tort oversees.

Had you told me they'd hold Gannon to 16 points -- including a 51-yard FG in the rain -- I'd have taken IUP all day long.

How their short-yardage offense is so horrible has to keep him up at night. It's really maddening. Are they getting too cute rather than just ramming it home? Perhaps. But, when you can't get a single yard in two tries with the game on the line ... that's just disheartening. Embarrassing, really.

As for XPs, Tort might as well start going for two.

Regardless, the show goes on the road this weekend. Clarion has lost a lot of close games (four one-score losses). So, that translates to me that this IUP team will somehow find a way to make this a one-score game. Hopefully they can be on the right side of it this week.

Tyrone Fowler's status wasn't discussed. Being the IG used the word 'indefinately' yesterday, I'd assume he will not play this week.

Very, very few teams at IUP have had a losing record in the past 50 years. You'ld think (hope) that would be enough to light a fire with this bunch.
                                Getting cute with short yardage seems to be common in college football as coaches vie to be the smartest guy in the room. I've seen Penn State, which touts its team as having two of the nation's best running backs and a guy they claim is all-world at left tackle, pass on 4th-and-one situations in several games, including Ohio State. This despite, the fact that they've had success in those situations with their modified T formation in the past as well as version of the Eagles' push the QB from behind deal (which really should go back to being outlawed. It's become ridiculous). Lost in the glow of Ohio State coach Ryan Day's victory in the Penn State game was the failure of OSU in a fourth-and-two at the goal line when they tried a pass. The ground around Woody Hayes's grave probably shuddered after that one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X