X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Yikes... they could be eliminated by week 5.
    That is quite an intro for a new HC.

Reminds me of the year Lombardi opened with 5 or 6 straight nationally ranked teams.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Ashland was picked to win the GMAC.

Their opening month is insanely brutal.

@ IUP

@ Ferris State

Hillsdale

@ Tiffin

@ Ohio Dominican

Yikes... they could be eliminated by week 5.

Leave a comment:

• PSAC Fan
    replied
    According to Indiana Gazette article, there is a scrimmage tomorrow morning beginning at 9:30.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepBallEnjoyer View Post

Scrimmage is tomorrow the 16th or next Wednesday the 23rd?
    Both dates from my understanding. Both at night.

Leave a comment:

• DeepBallEnjoyer
    replied
    T minus 17

The scrimmage Wednesday night is open to the public.
    Scrimmage is tomorrow the 16th or next Wednesday the 23rd?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Ashland was picked to win the GMAC.

Their opening month is insanely brutal.

@ IUP

@ Ferris State

Hillsdale

@ Tiffin

@ Ohio Dominican

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Nobody is “real good” before a game is even played. I’m sure there are 20 teams that look real good on paper. Everyone has high expectations. Let’s check back in after a few weeks.

IUP vs Ashland is hard to figure because both teams have had significant changes. One thing that has been consistent is tight games. The average margin of victory over 4 points over the last three meetings with IUP winning all three.
    Ashland also had a significant change at the top of the food chain (HC). Most on this board (in their thread) weren't real warm and fuzzy about them doing this particular internal hire. He wasn't the first choice per many. I recall reading the top choice turned them down.

But, we know they have money. And, well, money buys talent.

Lee Owens was obviously an extremely good coach and led a very tight ship there. His teams were very disciplined and fundamentally sound.

I'd suspect in a betting world IUP would be favored in this game. But, not by much. I'd probably set it at IUP -3.5

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Wallst View Post
    I'm intrigued by your opener vs Ashland. I think you handle them by 10 but should be a great game to use as a barometer. As much as first games can be used

Grand Valley vs Colorado Mines on paper is game of the week. I don't think Mines has anything for them. I the GV is good this year. Real good.
    Nobody is “real good” before a game is even played. I’m sure there are 20 teams that look real good on paper. Everyone has high expectations. Let’s check back in after a few weeks.

IUP vs Ashland is hard to figure because both teams have had significant changes. One thing that has been consistent is tight games. The average margin of victory over 4 points over the last three meetings with IUP winning all three.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Wallst View Post
    I'm intrigued by your opener vs Ashland. I think you handle them by 10 but should be a great game to use as a barometer. As much as first games can be used

Grand Valley vs Colorado Mines on paper is game of the week. I don't think Mines has anything for them. I the GV is good this year. Real good.
    Since '17 IUP is 3-0 vs Ashland but could have lost all three. I fully suspect another tight one.

Leave a comment:

• Wallst
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP Crimson Hawk
    replied
    Hearing from sources that Karst Hunter is the REAL DEAL. We will see come August 31st. The 6-5 220 pound body with speed and the arm is great from the highlights I saw on him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

What time is the fray?
    Not sure. I think I heard 7 p.m. but I'll confirm.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    T minus 17

What time is the fray?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    T minus 17

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepBallEnjoyer View Post
    I've followed PSAC football somewhat in the past few years but never IUP specifically. A family friend joined the team this year so I'll be at pretty much every game this season.

Just looking for some insights on what to expect out of IUP's offense this year. I think I'm correct in thinking that IUP has been a somewhat run heavy team in the past years, but I have high hopes that they'll air it out more because of all their new weapons this season. No matter what the gameplan is, I'm looking forward to being able to follow a winning team for once!
    The expectations are that IUP will field a high-powered offense. The offense going back many years would be best categorized as a balanced attack. Even with all the potential weapons in the passing game, I look for IUP to have a balance between the passing game and the running game. They should be pretty strong running team with Houser, Younger, Gregg, and Washington. Many years they have gone with 4 backs getting carries and rotating, to a certain extent. Gregg is listed at 234 lbs. now. If that is true he might be the short-yardage guy they have been lacking the last few years.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X