Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Looks like we're off to the races now. It's been a long wait. Matt's article very informative with a lot of key information. No mentions of punter Grubbs, though. TE Aiden Johnson is not back. Stewart's availability is a question mark. The big OL from Syracuse is not on the team. Appears to be really thin at DT but you never know who will step up. However, aside from a lack of experience, they don't appear to have much depth at that position. I'm surprised IUP couldn't land a transfer for DT.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...70b9c6dbd.html

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
    Off topic, and not football related, but IUP AssociateProfessor Dr. P. Michael Kosicek passed away in a tractor accident this week.

Dr. Kosicek was a 1972 graduate of Apollo-Ridge High School, obtained his Bachelors in Business Education with a focus on Accounting from IUP in 1976, and in 1979, obtained his Masterā€™s Degree from IUP. In 2004, he obtained his PhD in Administrative Studies-Public Sector from IUP.

After a long and distinguished career in private industry, Dr. Kosicek became an associate professor of the Department of Management. Since 2002, he instructed both undergraduate and MBA classes. He was a long-time coordinator of the Business Program. In 2018, Mike was the proud recipient of the University Senateā€™s Distinguished Faculty Award for Teaching.

Iā€™m not sure if any of you had the privilege of knowing or attending one of Dr. Kosicekā€™s class, but it was something special. He was a true ā€˜IUP Guyā€™ who was always looking to help his students and graduates of the Eberly College. He often stayed after class, took interest in your life, and would help you any way he could. Dr. Kosicek was tough, you didnā€™t get to play around on your phone or mess around, but there was a good reason. He wanted to prepare you for life after college, and emphasized how important being professional is when getting a job, and how to keep progressing in your career. You were always sure to get an interesting lecture filled with relevant information wherever you attended his class.

Dr. Kosicek was a phenomenal professor, but an even better person. Much of my professional success I attribute to him and several other professors in the management department. He will be greatly missed by the students who taught and those who interacted with. IUP certainly lost a giant.

A tragic loss all around. I never met him but the fact he left an indelible mark in the minds of his students is a great tribute.

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied
    Off topic, and not football related, but IUP AssociateProfessor Dr. P. Michael Kosicek passed away in a tractor accident this week.

Dr. Kosicek was a 1972 graduate of Apollo-Ridge High School, obtained his Bachelors in Business Education with a focus on Accounting from IUP in 1976, and in 1979, obtained his Masterā€™s Degree from IUP. In 2004, he obtained his PhD in Administrative Studies-Public Sector from IUP.

After a long and distinguished career in private industry, Dr. Kosicek became an associate professor of the Department of Management. Since 2002, he instructed both undergraduate and MBA classes. He was a long-time coordinator of the Business Program. In 2018, Mike was the proud recipient of the University Senateā€™s Distinguished Faculty Award for Teaching.

Iā€™m not sure if any of you had the privilege of knowing or attending one of Dr. Kosicekā€™s class, but it was something special. He was a true ā€˜IUP Guyā€™ who was always looking to help his students and graduates of the Eberly College. He often stayed after class, took interest in your life, and would help you any way he could. Dr. Kosicek was tough, you didnā€™t get to play around on your phone or mess around, but there was a good reason. He wanted to prepare you for life after college, and emphasized how important being professional is when getting a job, and how to keep progressing in your career. You were always sure to get an interesting lecture filled with relevant information wherever you attended his class.

Dr. Kosicek was a phenomenal professor, but an even better person. Much of my professional success I attribute to him and several other professors in the management department. He will be greatly missed by the students who taught and those who interacted with. IUP certainly lost a giant.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Any word if Dylan Grubbs (Punter) decided to come back this year? Recall he was pretty elite in 2021 but then missed all of last year with an injury. There was talk he was going to return.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    When does IUP's preseason practice start?
    I believe they can start team practices 30 days before the first game, so maybe move in that first weekend in August then start sometime immediately after. I know SRU football moves in August 4 and starts practice the next day.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    When does IUP's preseason practice start?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yep ... 45 days to kickoff.
    Weā€™ll get some sort of a renovation some day.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Baby Steps!!!
    Yep ... 45 days to kickoff.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    In 'kind of' stadium news, the parking lot behind Zink has been totally stripped and appears to be getting ready for a fresh paving. It should certainly be ready by opening night.

Recall both teams now enter the stadium from that end.
    Baby Steps!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    In 'kind of' stadium news, the parking lot behind Zink has been totally stripped and appears to be getting ready for a fresh paving. It should certainly be ready by opening night.

Recall both teams now enter the stadium from that end.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I don't mind the tattoo's. As long as you keep them off your head for the most part, then you just look ridiculous.
    Hands too.

Iā€™m going to have fun making fun of everyone in the assisted living center with their droopy tats. Nobody thinks of how bad they are going to look in their senior years.

ā€Ask Mom mom to show you her tramp stampā€

The tat sleeves on withered old man arms will be epic.

But hey itā€™s their bodies do they can do as they please

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

When the mullets go back out of style they can take the tattoo craze with them.
    Being tatted up is a cliche these days. I feel like Iā€™m the cool kid because I donā€™t have anyā€¦

Snd donā€™t get me started about people who whine they canā€™t get a good job because of their neck/face/hand tats.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

When the mullets go back out of style they can take the tattoo craze with them.
    Amen.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    What was Sexton's degree? With all due respect, I can't imagine he is making more money playing football in Poland than he would be if he went out and started an entry level job. I suppose he's in it for the experience, and not the money. But that's a long way to go, to make little money, and put your body on the line playing a violent game you don't have a long term future in, rather than "getting on with your life's work."

Best of luck to him, though.
    He has the rest of his life to work a boring job. Live it up. Only young once.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    What was Sexton's degree? With all due respect, I can't imagine he is making more money playing football in Poland than he would be if he went out and started an entry level job. I suppose he's in it for the experience, and not the money. But that's a long way to go, to make little money, and put your body on the line playing a violent game you don't have a long term future in, rather than "getting on with your life's work."

Best of luck to him, though.
    It's obviously not about money, and he must love the game and not be ready to give up on it.

At his age it would be a fun cultural experience, too.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X