X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    What was Sexton's degree? With all due respect, I can't imagine he is making more money playing football in Poland than he would be if he went out and started an entry level job. I suppose he's in it for the experience, and not the money. But that's a long way to go, to make little money, and put your body on the line playing a violent game you don't have a long term future in, rather than "getting on with your life's work."

Best of luck to him, though.
    It's obviously not about money, and he must love the game and not be ready to give up on it.

At his age it would be a fun cultural experience, too.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    What was Sexton's degree? With all due respect, I can't imagine he is making more money playing football in Poland than he would be if he went out and started an entry level job. I suppose he's in it for the experience, and not the money. But that's a long way to go, to make little money, and put your body on the line playing a violent game you don't have a long term future in, rather than "getting on with your life's work."

You only live once.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    I guess this is him going into the work force.

That is very interesting. Playing football in Poland sounds like a great adventure.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

When the mullets go back out of style they can take the tattoo craze with them.
    I don't mind the tattoo's. As long as you keep them off your head for the most part, then you just look ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Have they retained another DT through the transfer market?

Also, didn't they get a mid-year LB transfer who could possibly end up as the other starter?

They were chasing several DL in the Portal but I can't say for sure if any of them actually signed.

One of the LBs they signed was from WVU (Ethan Hiester). He was a preferred walk-on at WVU after playing high school ball at Upper Saint Clair. He did go through spring ball at IUP. They had some good young backups at LB last year. We'll see who wins the the spot.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I sound like my dad, but I'm really looking forward to the mullet going back out of style here soon. These guys look ridiculous lol
    When the mullets go back out of style they can take the tattoo craze with them.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

I sound like my dad, but I'm really looking forward to the mullet going back out of style here soon. These guys look ridiculous lol

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Do those numbers include the extra fees they tack on per ticket (even at the gate)?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP Game Pricing

The Crypt is $17 bucks.

Sections B and D are $15.

Everywhere else is General Admission at $11

All students are free…looks like visiting students get in free to the way it read in the Facebook post. They just have to show a valid student ID.
    Do those numbers include the extra fees they tack on per ticket (even at the gate)?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    IUP Game Pricing

The Crypt is $17 bucks.

Sections B and D are $15.

Everywhere else is General Admission at $11

All students are free…looks like visiting students get in free to the way it read in the Facebook post. They just have to show a valid student ID.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    The offense has received most of the attention on here this summer.

How are you Tort experts feeling about the other side of the ball?

* One massive addition (the biggest addition) is the return of DE Tyrone Fowler (who was lost for the season in last year's win against Slippery Rock). He has extreme upside (and will likely project to play beyond college). He is going to make a lot of OL very nervous.

* An interesting addition (of sorts) is DL Logan Danielson, who, after a very long time, will finally make his IUP debut. Recall he was extremely hyped up coming out of Thomas Jefferson (years ago) but for a variety of reasons has yet to play at IUP.

* Cole Weightman (DE) was thrown in to the fire as a true freshman a year ago and did very well. He's poised to make a big jump this year. Two other DEs, Maurice Feazell and Noah Vaughan, also return. Pass rushing should not be an issue.

* Drew DiNunzio-Biss returns at LB (he'll only be a Junior this year, football-wise).

* The famous freshmen secondary of a couple years ago are all very experienced juniors now.

* Message Board favorite (of sorts) ... "No. 11" returns for his senior year. Naszhir Taylor had his moments last season (mostly pretty good). He should be one of the top DBs in the league again this Fall.

* Darius Bruce and Jaheim Howard should have major breakout seasons.

* Dakendrick Daniels and Tai'Don Strickland should be candidates for big roles.
    Have they retained another DT through the transfer market?

Also, didn't they get a mid-year LB transfer who could possibly end up as the other starter?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The offense has received most of the attention on here this summer.

How are you Tort experts feeling about the other side of the ball?

* One massive addition (the biggest addition) is the return of DE Tyrone Fowler (who was lost for the season in last year's win against Slippery Rock). He has extreme upside (and will likely project to play beyond college). He is going to make a lot of OL very nervous.

* An interesting addition (of sorts) is DL Logan Danielson, who, after a very long time, will finally make his IUP debut. Recall he was extremely hyped up coming out of Thomas Jefferson (years ago) but for a variety of reasons has yet to play at IUP.

* Cole Weightman (DE) was thrown in to the fire as a true freshman a year ago and did very well. He's poised to make a big jump this year. Two other DEs, Maurice Feazell and Noah Vaughan, also return. Pass rushing should not be an issue.

* Drew DiNunzio-Biss returns at LB (he'll only be a Junior this year, football-wise).

* The famous freshmen secondary of a couple years ago are all very experienced juniors now.

* Message Board favorite (of sorts) ... "No. 11" returns for his senior year. Naszhir Taylor had his moments last season (mostly pretty good). He should be one of the top DBs in the league again this Fall.

* Darius Bruce and Jaheim Howard should have major breakout seasons.

* Dakendrick Daniels and Tai'Don Strickland should be candidates for big roles.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Is there still a Ruby Tuesday over there along 286? Many years ago went to a fraternity regional meeting at IUP and drank underage there during dinner.
    Almost all of them closed in suburban Philly. There is still one open in Plymouth Meeting. The one that used to ge here in Exton is now an IHOP.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X