X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Whoever is saying they do not want Naszhir Taylor #11 at IUP either doesn’t know the game of football or just does not watch. FACT. #11 is one of the best corners in the whole region. FACT.
    Taylor does need to step it up a bit. He is actually being outplayed by the other corner who is a true freshman…just sayin

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

In a nutshell, what you're saying is that 'scholarship report' is a crock of shiz.
    Bottom line is if super region 1 was like the other regions they would also have strong national presence with 36 scholarships. I have said on this site before the PSAC west big 3 would be unreal with there coaches and history of solid recruiting. In the case of IUP there facilities also are a hindrance and they stay deliver.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Eureka!
    Ok Archimedes, let's drink to that.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

Does that mean a team can actually be using alternative aid to supplement past the 36 number of athletic aid? So #37 has an employee tuition waiver, #38 has an academic scholarship, # 39 has a grad assistantship,etc..
    Eureka!

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The East is still a mystery - but I've shared multiple times that there are some alternative strategies common for the East that don't count for athletic aid. These alternative strategies are offering housing & meal plan waivers as an athletic recruiting strategy. A housing & meal plan waiver dollar for dollar is equivalent to a full tuition scholarship. Since the waivers are also available to non-athletes, it doesn't count as athletic aid.

If an employee's kid is there on employee tuition waiver, it doesn't count. If an athlete also has an academic scholarship, it doesn't count. If a 5th year has a grad assistantship that waives tuition, it doesn't count, even if that assistantship is working in the football office. SRU has a program that discounts out of state tuition for students with a 3.0 high school GPA that doesn't count. They can also apply for a waiver to get full PA resident tuition that doesn't count.
    Does that mean a team can actually be using alternative aid to supplement past the 36 number of athletic aid? So #37 has an employee tuition waiver, #38 has an academic scholarship, # 39 has a grad assistantship,etc..

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's all very confusing, but I'd be shocked if West Chester, with its resources, is spending less on football than Ship. If the figures quoted are accurate, a couple of things are noticeable. It's not hard to see why the PSAC is getting aced in the national playoffs recently with those kinds of scholarship numbers. And you have to wonder why Mercyhurst and Gannon don't do better if they're truly giving out that kind of scholarship money.
    I'd be interested to see how athletic spending has adjusted at West Chester as their enrollment grew. I have reason to believe Mercyhurst & Gannon don't do better because its hard to manage the discounting since its not real dollars. They're throwing offers around but in scale the students are often still paying more than at PASSHE so that makes it a harder sell. Nightlife at Mercyhurst is pretty dull (I'd compare it to Chatham in Pittsburgh). Gannon's is better but you're also adjacent to a dumpy part of downtown. Plus, Catholic education isn't for everyone. Truth be told, private schools don't always do well at this level. There has been only 1 private in the national championship game this century - and they lost.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied

Until we could see actual dollars -- total dollars -- that report is pretty much meaningless. That 'scholarship report' is one piece of the pie. We aren't seeing the whole picture.
    Your also not seeing that Shep has 36 scholarships.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's all very confusing, but I'd be shocked if West Chester, with its resources, is spending less on football than Ship. If the figures quoted are accurate, a couple of things are noticeable. It's not hard to see why the PSAC is getting aced in the national playoffs recently with those kinds of scholarship numbers. And you have to wonder why Mercyhurst and Gannon don't do better if they're truly giving out that kind of scholarship money.
    Until we could see actual dollars -- total dollars -- that report is pretty much meaningless. That 'scholarship report' is one piece of the pie. We aren't seeing the whole picture.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The East is still a mystery - but I've shared multiple times that there are some alternative strategies common for the East that don't count for athletic aid. These alternative strategies are offering housing & meal plan waivers as an athletic recruiting strategy. A housing & meal plan waiver dollar for dollar is equivalent to a full tuition scholarship. Since the waivers are also available to non-athletes, it doesn't count as athletic aid.

If an employee's kid is there on employee tuition waiver, it doesn't count. If an athlete also has an academic scholarship, it doesn't count. If a 5th year has a grad assistantship that waives tuition, it doesn't count, even if that assistantship is working in the football office. SRU has a program that discounts out of state tuition for students with a 3.0 high school GPA that doesn't count. They can also apply for a waiver to get full PA resident tuition that doesn't count.
    In a nutshell, what you're saying is that 'scholarship report' is a crock of shiz.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    The WC walk ons with 8.33 .🤔

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    The WC walk ons with 8.33 .🤔

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

FACTS!!!
    LOL!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Terri Steeb Gronau told me they have 36 football scholarships. There is your proof.
    nope, not proof.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied

Three weeks ago if you would have told me that the defense would hold SRU and Cal to 12 and 21 points ... I'd have taken that all day long.

I'm going to throw the first game out because the defense had two of their studs (perhaps best players) not dressed (Moore and Bruce) -- and because it was their first game.

So, they've been pretty solid since -- and you can see they are getting better each game.

Naszhir Taylor (No. 11 as the board likes to call him) is a lot better than many on here realize. He's had some bad moments (all CBs do) but he's made a lot of big plays. He's also a big, physical corner at 6'2" and 200 lbs). He's played in a lot of big D2 games -- at IUP and during his time with the Vulcans. No doubt he's an emotional player. He never shuts up -- all 60 minutes. That is OK so long as he can control it. He got a bush league call Saturday (one of many in the game). I'm glad he's here. Put it that way. He's getting better with each game and you can see him getting more comfortable in the IUP scheme.

Look back a year ago. Last year's imports, Malachi Newell and Gregory Moore, looked like completely different players in the second half compared to the first half. Taylor has five games under his belt now. They did a pretty good job on Cal's WRs. Most of Mitchell's yards came via dink-and-dunk.
    Whoever is saying they do not want Naszhir Taylor #11 at IUP either doesn’t know the game of football or just does not watch. FACT. #11 is one of the best corners in the whole region. FACT.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mfb/sr1.html

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X