X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Well, IUP certainly didn't have all angels here in the 90s. That era is kind of glamorized on here nowadays but Frank had some sleepless nights back then.

The good old days.
    I was thinking the same thing. Wasn’t it ultimately the frat house a$$ kicking that was the beginning of the end of so many “second chance” kids transferring in and other questionable characters on the roster? My memory is sketchy on the details but I do recall it being a big deal publicly and people saying enough is enough, which ultimately led to the Lou Tepper and Bo Napoleon era. Matt can set us straight as he often does when we’re a little loose with the facts, LOL.

Speaking of Bo Napoleon, I couldn’t help but do a Google search on him and see he’s a singer and songwriter. He mentions in his website bio that he was awarded an athletic scholarship to Indiana University of Pennsylvania but “…made a conscious decision to pursue music full time and dedicate himself to writing and performing.” For those interested it’s www.bonapoleon.com.
    Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 10-06-2022, 03:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Well, IUP certainly didn't have all angels here in the 90s. That era is kind of glamorized on here nowadays but Frank had some sleepless nights back then.

The good old days.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Wrong players but the players that did that robbery ended up at Cal.
    Nope. Edinboro.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

They were not involved in that.
    Wrong players but the players that did that robbery ended up at Cal.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied

Don't forget Kirby Griffin who was with Slappy after they robbed the Co-op book buy back.
    They were not involved in that.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Nice article about IUP LB DDB in the Tribune-Review.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

All the Saban's of the world have dodged that for decades.

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.

Coach Same Winters: Yeah ... but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a dang chemistry experiement?

The Program

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You can't pass if you don't go to class
    All the Saban's of the world have dodged that for decades.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

You don't hear athletes thrown out of D1 for academics very often.
    You can't pass if you don't go to class

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

And Tommie Campbell who was thrown out of both Pitt and Edinboro for academics somehow was eligible at Cal.
    You don't hear athletes thrown out of D1 for academics very often.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Don't forget Kirby Griffin who was with Slappy after they robbed the Co-op book buy back.
    And Tommie Campbell who was thrown out of both Pitt and Edinboro for academics somehow was eligible at Cal.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Or had the biggest brawl in Wolfies history.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    On top of spaghetti…all covered with cheese!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I think the worst one was when Cal took Joe Slappy after he was kicked out of IUP. It was crazy the year he came back to IUP, and won.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Need I remind you guys that I was the only person who called him out on it prior to when the house of cards collapsed? Everybody else was hopeful that Cal U could bring home a natty to western PA, regardless of how they did it.

The big picture is that Armenti was hired to save Cal U from extinction. He did that - regardless of the ethics to do so. A lot of what he did was by imitating IUP. Should we have been flattered?
    The ultimate shrine to his era sits in the middle of the Cal campus ... a 6,000-seat basketball arena that draws 123 fans a game. Such irony.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X