Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Those Golden Eagles will get their yearly beating soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I agree that the QB room seems inexperienced. Sexton seems like a legit talent but eventually Tort needs to develop himself a QB. Can't live and die by the transfer QB mercenary. It never really worked out for Cal. SRU a bit, yes, but they might be the exception.
    Remember Sexton 2 years remaining, freshman they are really high on. He is holder and a major run threat Tebow style.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    Neither Glenn nor Fisher are on the team. The rest of the posted roster is correct.
    The roster is updated and "Spring" has been removed.

The team looks solid across the board. I think the OL may be the strongest link (and that's a good thing). They basically replace Dauberman with Comedy (not sure of everybody's exact positions) while the rest of the group is 1 year more experienced and I think they have a little more depth.

The DL is real strong in terms of the starters. However, if it is like in past years they will rotate a number of players there, so I think some of the incoming freshmen will see a lot of playing time. A couple of them arrive highly-touted. It will be interesting to see who earns the punting duties.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I agree that the QB room seems inexperienced. Sexton seems like a legit talent but eventually Tort needs to develop himself a QB. Can't live and die by the transfer QB mercenary. It never really worked out for Cal. SRU a bit, yes, but they might be the exception.
    Tort's had a good run with transfer QBs. Maxwell and Woodberry were very solid. Lenny was technically a transfer although he was here four years.

Nice thing with Sexton is he's here two years (unlike Maxwell and Woodberry). Larry Wilson should be a very nice addition in regards to working with the QBs.

I have no problems with transfer QBs. They cost a lot but as long as you get them in for Spring Ball they have plenty of time to learn the offense, etc.

But, I'd certainly agree the elephant in the room is the backup QB. They may have one they like ... we just don't know. It has to be the hardest position to recruit at IUP with their reputation of bringing in transfers year after year.

They have the kid from Brookville (Krug) who has a year in the system (redshirt). Horn has been here forever. I assume he's probably the No. 2. The other freshman is the kid from Kiski Prep. He did post-grad at KP so he's a bit older than a normal freshman.

Here's to hoping we don't have to find out who the No. 2 QB actually is this season. Sexton has a very experienced and nasty OL in front of him. He has a history of liking to run a bit, which obviously increases risk for QBs.

Let's not forget Woodberry missed the first two games last year after failing his Covid test. Not sure if they are testing this year or not in D2. IUP was lucky to have a quality backup to at least split those first two very difficult games (Kutz and Shep).
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 08-22-2022, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Neither Glenn nor Fisher are on the team. The rest of the posted roster is correct.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Tis the season
    I guess I get it. It must be tough to have nothing to be excited about every fall, or to not have a team of your own to talk about.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    I hope the 2022 roster is updated and finalized tomorrow. Is it late or are we just too anxious for the season to be underway?

Is Dajour Fisher a mirage or is he back? He would help on the DL. I think he has a year of eligibility left. He may have graduated but they have him listed as a grad student.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Merry Christmas

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tis the season

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    ..and The Personalities have been let out of the Asylum.

Leave a comment:

• VulcanBob
    replied
    Lol..Man, you IUP boys are sensitive !!

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied
    How dare you!
    I was waiting to laugh at the comments. Even more funny from so many Trump haters to react like he would.

The QB was benched at his last stop and a Pitt St guy said interceptions can be an issue...if I'm remembering right.

QB stats 30 tds to 4 int's efficiency from the qb position is doubtful. Even with an easier schedule.

And Houser is already better than Evans and Anderson at RB before you post thats not true too. Ya, well youre ugly and Clarion sucks.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonHawkAlum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You are lucky you still even have a campus.
    GO HAWKS. STEAMROLL TIME.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X