X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

A lot of corporate support, I believe. Because there wasn't much of a sports presence and entertainment in that area so they built it up.
    I believe there was a big lead donor (with the stadium naming rights). One thing that separates a lot of these projects and IUP is aspiration. They view a flagship stadium as part of their climb to a higher level, where I don't ever get that impression from IUP folks. They want to win but from a larger university perspective I think the Act 180 protections have robbed IUP of that aspirational lean.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's a pipe-dream, but I would love for IUP to build a duplicate of their stadium. It checks all the boxes.

It's cool as a fan, too, because there isn't a track -- a somewhat rarity in D2.
    A lot of corporate support, I believe. Because there wasn't much of a sports presence and entertainment in that area so they built it up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

It is. Plus, my best childhood buddy went to Ashland. Gives it additional flavor. I made a road trip there ~1980. The school is quite a bit different now.
    It's a pipe-dream, but I would love for IUP to build a duplicate of their stadium. It checks all the boxes.

It's cool as a fan, too, because there isn't a track -- a somewhat rarity in D2.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's a big-time series. Nice road trip, too. Great stadium and a cool little town. Not too far, either.
    It is. Plus, my best childhood buddy went to Ashland. Gives it additional flavor. I made a road trip there ~1980. The school is quite a bit different now.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

It is. At IUP in 2023 and 2025; at Ashland in 2024 and 2026.

When I interviewed Tort on Wednesday, it must have been officially unofficial. And by the time he talked with Jack on Thursday night, the unofficial official announcement apparently officially became official.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

When I interviewed Tort on Wednesday, it must have been officially unofficial. And by the time he talked with Jack on Thursday night, the unofficial official announcement apparently officially became official.
    That's a big-time series. Nice road trip, too. Great stadium and a cool little town. Not too far, either.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied

I thought Tortorella said it was Ashland.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'll guess Ashland!
    I thought Tortorella said it was Ashland.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    I thought I read somewhere that New Haven was going up to FCS pretty soon?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'll guess Ashland!

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    I'll guess Ashland!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    a leader

I know somebody in Clarion who would be a great fit as the OC.

Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Yeah, while it's undeniably true that the program will not return to the glory years of the late 80's/90's, I don't share the pessimism I'm reading. I see no reason that IUP can't win the region and even pull off an upset in the national semis. Sure, it's more competitive now in the conference and the region but IUP is still there. Getting the transfer QB is pretty big. They have a pretty good team back and this recruitment class appears to be pretty good. Go IUP!

BTW, I just watched Tort's program with Jack Benedict. Yes, he said it 3 or 4 times that they are looking for an offensive coordinator and a receivers coach because Mike Box is probably moving on. No explanation necessary for the OC.
    a leader
    Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 02-04-2022, 03:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Yeah, while it's undeniably true that the program will not return to the glory years of the late 80's/90's, I don't share the pessimism I'm reading. I see no reason that IUP can't win the region and even pull off an upset in the national semis. Sure, it's more competitive now in the conference and the region but IUP is still there. Getting the transfer QB is pretty big. They have a pretty good team back and this recruitment class appears to be pretty good. Go IUP!

BTW, I just watched Tort's program with Jack Benedict. Yes, he said it 3 or 4 times that they are looking for an offensive coordinator and a receivers coach because Mike Box is probably moving on. No explanation necessary for the OC.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X