Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I flat out reject that this "could have been their stupid-ass kid". Some of us took the time to reach their children respect and compassion. Look how many people walked past that chair without touching it.
    From the beginning, this has reminded me of the sad case of Andy Reid's 2 sons, one of whom is dead as a result of a heroin overdose while working at the Eagles summer camp, and the other who spent several years in prison after a DUI charge which caused a then 5-year-old girl to become permanently disabled (the Chiefs are paying for her medical care for the rest of her life). The Reid cases are more serious obviously, but I think it's safe to say that, in both cases, something went wrong.

The irony is that The Philadelphia Inquirer ran a story before it all happened about how involved Reid and his wife were in their kids' lives (when Reid was Eagles HC). The article had a picture of Mr. and Mrs. Reid in the bleachers for a high school basketball game at Harriton High School in Lower Merion Township, PA. Was that from the Eagles' PR department? Success sometimes has a price. I have always thought the increased pressure of being the NFL HC's son played a role.
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 03-18-2023, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I've never understood the mindset (or lack thereof) of people who commit vandalism. Even some of the rougher kids I knew when I was much younger would have thought such actions were stupid. This type of incident is usually a cry for attention, and not in a good way. I think the drama of social media plays into this.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I flat out reject that this "could have been their stupid-ass kid". Some of us took the time to reach their children respect and compassion. Look how many people walked past that chair without touching it.
        Good people can make idiotic decisions. Good people can raise good kids who still make really stupid decisions. Good people are more likely to make bad decisions in a group setting. Good people are more likely to make bad decisions when drinking. This kid had both going against him.

I've seen it enough to know that the 18 year old Eagle Scout youth group leader National Honor Society member living with mom and dad can make wildly different decisions than they do as an 18 year old freshman at McState University.

Comment

I have met many criminals in my life, and most come across as likeable, good people, until you look at their past. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
            I have met many criminals in my life, and most come across as likeable, good people, until you look at their past. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
            I guess we've met a different class of criminal. Most of the ones I've known have been *******s.

Comment

The best human being I know is a felon. Made one bad decision that defines him from a legal perspective. You'd never know if you met him. He accepted responsibility, pled guilty, and did time. Completely changed my perspective on a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I guess we've met a different class of criminal. Most of the ones I've known have been *******s.
                As an example because I haven't met them either, but I bet Bill Clinton, Bill Cosby, Ted Bundy, the BTK killer etc. were able to turn on the charm when needed and who fooled people into thinking they were good. I have only been assaulted by these types twice, but most of the time we get along fine.

Comment

Some of these comments seem to almost be giving the kid a pass. Maybe that’s the problem. You get enough passes you start to think you’ll always get one. How much crap did he pull when there wasn’t a camera there to catch it? I’m guessing this isn’t the first moronic thing he did and it just happened to be caught on camera. There’s a basic level of behavior that’s expected. If you see something that’s not yours, don’t touch it. It’s really that simple. Furthermore, don’t damage someone’s property for the sake of your own sick entertainment. Then there’s the part what the property he damaged was a young woman’s wheelchair.

This kid isn’t getting the benefit of the doubt from me. He had the simple choice to just walk by the chair like dozens of other kids did. He couldn’t do it. He’s responsible for his own actions, and this along with Arizona State and who know what else proves he’s not handling that responsibility very well. Some people just aren’t good people.

Comment

Good. From the Pittsburgh PG:

Three misdemeanor charges were filed Monday against the son of Philadelphia Flyers interim general manager Danny Briere after a video posted on social media showed him and another Mercyhurst University athlete pushing an unoccupied wheelchair down a staircase.
                    Police in Erie filed charges of criminal mischief, criminal conspiracy to commit mischief and disorderly conduct against Carson Briere, who completed his third hockey season at Mercyhurst. Patrick Carrozzi, listed as a senior member of the school’s lacrosse team, faces the same three charges, according to documents filed with District Judge Sue Mack.

Comment

Slap on wrist. That’s what they’ll get.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                        Slap on wrist. That’s what they’ll get.
                        That's what typically happens. Probably safe to assume both are first time offenders. DA agrees to ARD, they pay some fines and serve probation, then can have the charges dismissed & expunged. Happens all the time for regular people too. But that doesn't mean Mercyhurst won't kick them out or the coach won't remove him from the team. Private schools are very sensitive to their perceived public perception.

Comment

They booted him off the hockey team. He’ll probably be working at the Wawa in Vorhees NJ next…

Comment

They booted him off the hockey team. He’ll probably be working at the Wawa in Vorhees NJ next…
                            Kid took his puck and went home.

Comment

Here’s an article on the matter:

https://nypost.com/2023/04/03/carson...eelchair-push/

Comment

So was it a slap on the wrist? I'd say no.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X