Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

You sure about the date? Pretty sure Joe Mark was coaching in 1981 when they won the PSAC and went 12-1.
    The latest it could have been would be 1979. Because I remember going directly from the Tuesday morning press conference to announce Mark's firing to the Slate office to write the front-page story by the 1 p.m. deadline. And I was out of school by spring of 1980.

1981 had to be Vito Ragazzo's team.
    Last edited by jrshooter; 09-29-2023, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Under the radar guys who can have a big impact.

ROCK- Cohen Russell, I would presume Kyle sheets is going to get a lot attention from the IUP secondary, thus Russell should have a lot of one on one matchups ; also he may be key in the return game

IUP- The TE's, Rock LB's are not going to be able to cover them, and the ROCK db's are going to look like smurfs next to the behemoth TEs that IUP has

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
        The playoff game vs the rock was awesome. 99 was a great year, to bad it ended in Maryville, Missouri.

Lost due to a wind blown kickoff

Comment

Concerns:

I would think both teams OL is a concern.

IUP OL has not been able to run the ball all year, yes did well against 'Hurst( but everybody runs against Mercyhurst because of their 3-5-3 D scheme)

ROCK OL has so much experience and have been together mostly for 3 yrs,; they should be better, their pass protection is not great and they have only had one rusher get 100 yds in a game, granted THE ROCK rotates 3 backs but still

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
            What happened in 94? I was on the football team in 99 and remember those games vs the rock
            Dre Hillard called a fake punt when we were up by 30 points. The coaches did not call the play, Dre saw the Rock formation was setup incorrectly and instinctively called the fake. Bernie McGowan and Big Cigs almost sh*t themselves.

The rivalary as they (Rock Fans) call it... Is based on this event. IUP didn't acknowledge Rock as a true competitor in the PSAC. Boro was the only team that IUP tied or lost to within the PSAC during the time I played.
            Last edited by DawgPound; 09-30-2023, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I’ll bet they both did. Bernie was an awesome coach

Comment

Hunter's QB rating tonight: 17.4.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                  #1 qb transfer apparently.

Comment

Any idea why Isiah Houser hasn't been suiting up?

Comment

The latest it could have been would be 1979. Because I remember going directly from the Tuesday morning press conference to announce Mark's firing to the Slate office to write the front-page story by the 1 p.m. deadline. And I was out of school by spring of 1980.

1981 had to be Vito Ragazzo's team.
                      You're right now that I think about it. I get the sequence of those two guys mixed up for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

#1 qb transfer apparently.
                        He'll be gone the day the season ends -- and should be benched until then.

Comment

It's hard to get a read on him. He's under immense pressure every snap. This may be -- historically -- the worst OL IUP has fielded in the past 4 decades.

That said, his early red zone pick was horrendous. The game was over at that moment. Actually, it was over before it started.

Before you haters come calling, yes, I know Tort is undefeated against Mercyhurst, Clarion and Seton Hill. And, yes, I know his record at IUP.

Tonight was worse than the '99 Homecoming game. That day they could at least say they were starting a true freshman at QB. Today, they just got their brains beat in. Or, out. Whatever. That was the worst beating I've ever seen an IUP team take (and I don't care what the final score was after they got some garbage scores late).

Lutz and his staff embarrassed Team Timeout. IUP's defense was carved up like a D1 team playing a high school team. IUP was flat and looked like it didn't even want to be there. To be honest, I think they thought they were going to Clarion and then the bus pulled up to SRU.

I heard a lot of things in the bleachers tonight. They weren't good things.

Yes, in theory, IUP is still alive (not that it really matters much long term). Slippery Rock played the most perfect offensive first half I think I've ever seen. History will show a 42-21 final, but watching it felt like 80-7. Give credit where it's due. SRU hammered them. Their RBs were amazing.

Not sure what to expect next week. Other than, actually, I'm not expecting much. This season is a disaster.

Congrats to SRU. They wanted it and took it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He'll be gone the day the season ends -- and should be benched until then.
                            Yeah I’m done with the wishful thinking and sugar coating. Guy STINKS. Bad ball location or flat out misses the throw 70-80% of the time. He has absolutely no ability or desire to read a defense, pre snap or post. And even when he stares at a receiver from snap to release, he STILL THROWS LATE!!! His timing SUCKS!

No clue how he plays as poorly as he does and coach doesn’t even look to warm up QB2. I can only imagine how Nico and those receivers feel about the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's hard to get a read on him. He's under immense pressure every snap. This may be -- historically -- the worst OL IUP has fielded in the past 4 decades.

That said, his early red zone pick was horrendous. The game was over at that moment. Actually, it was over before it started.

Before you haters come calling, yes, I know Tort is undefeated against Mercyhurst, Clarion and Seton Hill. And, yes, I know his record at IUP.

Tonight was worse than the '99 Homecoming game. That day they could at least say they were starting a true freshman at QB. Today, they just got their brains beat in. Or, out. Whatever. That was the worst beating I've ever seen an IUP team take (and I don't care what the final score was after they got some garbage scores late).

Lutz and his staff embarrassed Team Timeout. IUP's defense was carved up like a D1 team playing a high school team. IUP was flat and looked like it didn't even want to be there. To be honest, I think they thought they were going to Clarion and then the bus pulled up to SRU.

I heard a lot of things in the bleachers tonight. They weren't good things.

Yes, in theory, IUP is still alive (not that it really matters much long term). Slippery Rock played the most perfect offensive first half I think I've ever seen. History will show a 42-21 final, but watching it felt like 80-7. Give credit where it's due. SRU hammered them. Their RBs were amazing.

Not sure what to expect next week. Other than, actually, I'm not expecting much. This season is a disaster.

Congrats to SRU. They wanted it and took it.
                              That QB was hitting really good throws. The receivers were making good catches. The backs were hitting holes hard and man that Oline was DOMINATING our defensive front.

Huge respect to that Slippery Rock team. An all around really impressive showing from those guys. We can’t use the excuse of “IUP just didn’t show up tonight.” Those guys really earned that win. Felt like we were hopeless no matter how well we played tonight.

Comment

Lots of jawing in this one. Have to give commendation to the officials - and the AD at both SRU and IUP - for keeping things relatively civil and for agreeing to cancel the post-game handshake so the potential for a brawl could be avoided.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X