Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Cal Coach Gary Dunn is shutting out the media this week...His only pre-game comments came on his weekly webcast show. Interesting...
    And the media responded, “Who?”

Comment

Week one was a long time ago with some teams making progress and others not so much. Looking back there were 3 NE10 VS PSAC games. Assumption beat Kutztown by 11, Shepherd beat S. Conn by 1 and West Chester beat Bentley by 1. Seems they were competitive games. I like the rule that gives conference champs with a good season a spot in the playoffs. Getting 3 or 4 teams from one conference in the playoffs seems like a bit much to me. Looking at my seasons picks I might not be the best judge of football talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

And the media responded, “Who?”
        I enjoy talking to all of the opposing coaches. Guess it won't happen this week...

Comment

Originally posted by TheROCK View Post
          Week one was a long time ago with some teams making progress and others not so much. Looking back there were 3 NE10 VS PSAC games. Assumption beat Kutztown by 11, Shepherd beat S. Conn by 1 and West Chester beat Bentley by 1. Seems they were competitive games. I like the rule that gives conference champs with a good season a spot in the playoffs. Getting 3 or 4 teams from one conference in the playoffs seems like a bit much to me. Looking at my seasons picks I might not be the best judge of football talent.
          Apparently what really matters is how you rate Lock Haven...

Comment

I enjoy talking to all of the opposing coaches. Guess it won't happen this week...
            Yeah it’s pretty comical at this level. He’s basically shutting out you and, what, maybe a Cal student reporter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Yeah it’s pretty comical at this level. He’s basically shutting out you and, what, maybe a Cal student reporter.
              I'll get over it...

Comment

What do you mean?
                I mean the local paper there hardly covers them anymore. I can promise the Pittsburgh media isn't trying to contact him about the game. They could care less. With the extreme lack of coverage our teams get, no coach should ever be allowed to 'shut out the media'. That's horrible. These guys all have time for a five-minute phone interview. He's not freaking Nick Saban. They should be fortunate a media outlet wants to even speak to them about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I mean the local paper there hardly covers them anymore. I can promise the Pittsburgh media isn't trying to contact him about the game. They could care less. With the extreme lack of coverage our teams get, no coach should ever be allowed to 'shut out the media'. That's horrible. These guys all have time for a five-minute phone interview. He's not freaking Nick Saban. They should be fortunate a media outlet wants to even speak to them about the game.
                  Strange world we live in...

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I don't get how Cal can be ahead of Shepherd since Shep has the head-to-head win over Cal. By all rights, Shepherd should be ahead of Cal in the rankings (of course, an ESU win over Cal would kinda make that point moot).
                    You mean the current rankings? You're missing the Kutztown factor: Kutztown beat Shepherd, but lost to Cal. So it goes to SOS: Cal's is best, then Kutztown, then Shepherd. The Bloom loss is very bad.

If Cal and Shepherd both win this week, and Kutztown loses, it gets interesting, because you're removing Kutztown from the equation (at which point Kutztown may need a Fairmont loss to still get in). Is Shepherd's H2H win enough to jump over Cal, even though Cal would have gained another good win? I don't think it should be, but I give it about a 60% chance that the committee would give Shepherd the 4 seed.
                    Last edited by EastStroud13; 11-07-2023, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

You mean the current rankings? You're missing the Kutztown factor: Kutztown beat Shepherd, but lost to Cal. So it goes to SOS: Cal's is best, then Kutztown, then Shepherd. The Bloom loss is very bad.

If Cal and Shepherd both win this week, and Kutztown loses, it gets interesting, because you're removing Kutztown from the equation (at which point Kutztown may need a Fairmont loss to still get in). Is Shepherd's H2H win enough to jump over Cal, even though Cal would have gained another good win? I don't think it should be, but I give it about a 60% chance that the committee would give Shepherd the 4 seed.
                      I can't help but think they'd have an outside shot at even a 3 seed if they don't blow that Bloom game. What a total brain fart of a game that was, terrible all the way around.

Comment

In 2016, Kutztown lost the State Game to Cal 49-7, and didn't make the playoffs...In 2015, West Chester lost the State Game to Slippery Rock 61-12 and didn't make the playoffs. Don't look at the 2011 State Game results either...I'm gonna stop now...
                        Who said people with ESU degrees were useless?

I did say point it out…but there have been 14 State Games and 11 times the loser made the playoffs. So the chances are far greater to get a bid than not..so I’m basically correct and was wrong once this year. Not bad.
                        Last edited by IUPNation; 11-07-2023, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Cal Coach Gary Dunn is shutting out the media this week...His only pre-game comments came on his weekly webcast show. Interesting...
                          He doesn’t want to talk to you.

Comment

Oh I can only imagine your level of graciousness with Torts.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Coach Mac at Ship has basically abandoned press conferences because nobody comes. Meanwhile, it's nonstop Penn State coverage on the local stations six days a week. And now they're yakking about the new basketball coach in State College.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Didn't Slippery Rock miss the playoffs in 2011 despite losing in the State Game?
                                I am being told they did.

They we’re loaded with SOS anchors that year.

They had the Stewies when they’re still in the WVIAC. Cheyney..Lock Haven when they were still in the West and had a bad loss at Gannon. The only reason they made the State Game was they beat Mon Valley U. Mon Valley U was actually the more worthy team that season based on their resume…

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X