Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edinboro will play at Robert Morris on September 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Edinboro will play at Robert Morris on September 7.
      Wow. Does the Boro get a check for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

Wow. Does the Boro get a check for that?
        Maybe? Probably?

Jake Nulph played at RMU so there's that connection. RMU also left the Big South to slink back to the NEC for football, which is decimated, and they have several out of conference games to play. They also play Utah State, Frostburg State, and Delaware State among others.

Comment

Shepherd will be playing at SCSU again on Thursday September 5th. A bit anticlimactic, but at least they got one scheduled I guess.

SCSU seems to be improving though, started the year 0-4 and finished 4-6 with a win over Assumption. Assumption beat Kutztown in the season opener, so maybe it will be a pretty good opponent. That's what I'll tell myself.

Comment

So Ship goes up to Mass. to play AIC. That's a longer road trip than the Raiders have had in a while. We have quite the home schedule this year with Slippery Rock, Shepherd, Kutztown, and East Stroudsburg. Unless there's a big pivot from last season, it's going to be a brutal time at Seth Grove this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
              So Ship goes up to Mass. to play AIC. That's a longer road trip than the Raiders have had in a while. We have quite the home schedule this year with Slippery Rock, Shepherd, Kutztown, and East Stroudsburg. Unless there's a big pivot from last season, it's going to be a brutal time at Seth Grove this year.
              No reason Ship shouldn't have goals of finishing .500 this year. Millersville, LH, AIC, Clarion, Bloom are all winnable games. Shepherd is a rivalry game that can go either way most years, was ESU a one year wonder or are they going to hang around at the top for a while?

Really at this juncture I'd say Kutztown and SRU are the only losses for sure on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

No reason Ship shouldn't have goals of finishing .500 this year. Millersville, LH, AIC, Clarion, Bloom are all winnable games. Shepherd is a rivalry game that can go either way most years, was ESU a one year wonder or are they going to hang around at the top for a while?

Really at this juncture I'd say Kutztown and SRU are the only losses for sure on the schedule.
                I think East Dennyburg will stay in the upper half of the conference for a while. Jimmy seems to be building up his program where it will have a solid footing. They really have no competition in Northeast PA.
                Last edited by IUPNation; 02-01-2024, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I think East Dennyburg will stay in the upper half of the conference for a while. Jimmy seems to be building up his program where it will have a solid footing. They really have no competition in Northeast PA.
                  Not sure about the talent in Northeast PA. I think they have an advantage being on the border of Jersey, though. As well as being within an hour of Allentown.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Not sure about the talent in Northeast PA. I think they have an advantage being on the border of Jersey, though. As well as being within an hour of Allentown.
                    Doesn't ESU have a "reduced" out-of-state tuition for New Jersey residents? For some reason, I recall Mansfield having a similar setup with New York State, but if ESU can draw in from Central and North Jersey, that might give them a good talent pipeline.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Doesn't ESU have a "reduced" out-of-state tuition for New Jersey residents? For some reason, I recall Mansfield having a similar setup with New York State, but if ESU can draw in from Central and North Jersey, that might give them a good talent pipeline.
                      Not positive, but I believe they do, as well as other PSAC schools.

Comment

Not positive, but I believe they do, as well as other PSAC schools.
                        Note to self... check Google before asking questions...

ESU offers a lower out-of-state tuition for bordering states (New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia and Ohio):

https://www.esu.edu/tuition/undergra...ition-fees.cfm
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I'm just saying you don't have too much D2 competition in your area....like IUP being too close to Slimey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

3-8 last season and have lost their best offensive player, a starting o-lineman, and a standout d-lineman to the portal so far. You're being very generous about the "rivalry" with Shepherd, whom I don't think we've beaten since before they joined the PSAC. Mac will either have to improve his existing personnel or bring in a host of new talent to even sniff .500.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I'm just saying you don't have too much D2 competition in your area....like IUP being too close to Slimey.
                              IUP, Cal and SRU - relatively speaking - are on top of each other.

Then you have the Clarion types. Clarion offers every male football player in the WPIAL.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP, Cal and SRU - relatively speaking - are on top of each other.

Then you have the Clarion types. Clarion offers every male football player in the WPIAL.
                                This year that was John Carroll, Washington & Jefferson, and Westminster.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X