Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 PSAC Non-Conference Schedule

We're starting to see a few PSAC schools releasing their schedules for 2024 (this list will be updated as new schedules are posted):

BLOOMSBURG: vs. Fairmont State (MEC); 9/7, 6:00pm; at Edinboro (PSAC non-conference), 9/21, 12:00pm
    CALIFORNIA: at Charleston (MEC); 9/7, TBA
    CLARION: vs. Lincoln (PA) (CIAA); 9/5, 6:00pm
    EAST STROUDSBURG: TBA (likely Pace (NE-10) Week 1; awaiting official confirmation)
    EDINBORO: at Robert Morris (FCS); 9/7, TBA; vs. Bloomsburg (PSAC non-conference), 9/21, 12:00pm
    GANNON: vs, Northwood (GMAC); 9/5, TBA
    IUP: at Ashland (GMAC); 9/5, 7:00pm
    KUTZTOWN: vs. Assumption (NE-10); 9/5. 7:30pm
    LOCK HAVEN: at Glenville State (MEC); 9/7, 1:00pm
    MILLERSVILLE: at Frostburg State (MEC); 9/5, 7:00pm
    SETON HILL: at Fairmont State (MEC); 8/31, 7:00pm
    SHEPHERD: at Southern Connecticut (NE-10), 9/5, TBA
    SHIPPENSBURG: at AIC (NE-10); 9/7, 12:00pm
    SLIPPERY ROCK: vs. New Haven (NE-10); 9/7, 1:00pm
    WEST CHESTER: vs. Bentley (NE-10), 9/7, 12:00pm
    Last edited by ctrabs74; 04-17-2024, 10:38 PM.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Please, anyone but Assumption! I want to see some other team!

Comment

IUP is at Ashland.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        IUP is at Ashland.
        I'm adding the schedules when they're officially posted, but yes, I'm well aware of IUP at Ashland.

Comment

I'm hoping Shepherd schedules a more exciting game too. Bowie State or even Virginia State would be nice to get back to the recruiting roots in Richmond.

Comment

I believe ESU is making another return trip to Pace, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Virginia State probably no go as they play Norfolk State every Labor Day weekend as it is their Labor Day Classic, Little State (Norfolk) vs Big State (VSU). Now Bowie and Virginia Union might be viable as they seem to have more flexibility in week one. Last 2 years Union opened with Morehouse and Virginia University of Lynchburg and Bowie with Del State and University of New Haven.

Comment

Originally posted by Football Fan View Post
                Virginia State probably no go as they play Norfolk State every Labor Day weekend as it is their Labor Day Classic, Little State (Norfolk) vs Big State (VSU). Now Bowie and Virginia Union might be viable as they seem to have more flexibility in week one. Last 2 years Union opened with Morehouse and Virginia University of Lynchburg and Bowie with Del State and University of New Haven.
                Either of those would be close proximity for a day trip or so, and good competition as well for SOS purposes for both programs and the region. Hope something like that materializes.

Comment

Bloom should have a home match up vs Fairmount State.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                    I believe ESU is making another return trip to Pace, but don't quote me on that.
                    That's the info I have as well...

Comment

According to this, Slippery Rock hosts New Haven next season and goes to New Haven in 2025:

https://newhavenchargers.com/news/20...g-in-2024.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                        According to this, Slippery Rock hosts New Haven next season and goes to New Haven in 2025:

https://newhavenchargers.com/news/20...g-in-2024.aspx
                        That's a much better opponent for Slippery Rock to start the season off with compared to Wayne State-Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

That's a much better opponent for Slippery Rock to start the season off with compared to Wayne State-Michigan.
                          The instability of many D2 programs makes OOC scheduling difficult. We're not too far off from Wayne State being a national contender.

Comment

Wingate in North Carolina needs a Week 1 game.

Yeah, nobody wants to play D3 schools, but both Geneva and Washington & Jefferson are looking for Week 1 games in 2025 and 2026. Laugh all the way to the bank with the better attendance than hosting an NE10 school.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                              Wingate in North Carolina needs a Week 1 game.

Yeah, nobody wants to play D3 schools, but both Geneva and Washington & Jefferson are looking for Week 1 games in 2025 and 2026. Laugh all the way to the bank with the better attendance than hosting an NE10 school.
                              As you and I have discussed, we're (this small little community) the only D2 nerds who know the difference.

Average fan at Miller or Sox could care less who they play.

That said, teams with actual playoff aspirations should never schedule down (or, up) in my opinion. Nothing to gain either way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X