Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

He wasn't listed on the main football site, but has popped up on their Facebook site as a Ship commit. Hope he's as good as you say. They need some help in the backfield. Seems to be a classic case of a good runner who's too small for D1.
    A lot of our signees would have been low level D1 guys 5 years ago.

D1 is taking far less and less high school kids. They are generally too much work and half leave anyway. They are just (basically) trading/buying players from the Portal.

I'd add that those who took giant classes this year should benefit down the road (providing they aren't playing farm club).
    Many of the PSAC heavyweights took small classes.

Comment

So I'm assuming IUP cleaning up getting recruits from the SEC and BIG>

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        So I'm assuming IUP cleaning up getting recruits from the SEC and BIG>

Talk in town is IUP could win the SEC next year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

A lot of our signees would have been low level D1 guys 5 years ago.

D1 is taking far less and less high school kids. They are generally too much work and half leave anyway. They are just (basically) trading/buying players from the Portal.

I'd add that those who took giant classes this year should benefit down the road (providing they aren't playing farm club).
          Many of the PSAC heavyweights took small classes.
          I'll give Mac credit. Obviously, I don't know what's in his mind, but I suspect he got tired of taking punches the past couple of years, and he and his staff really got out and worked their butts off on the recruiting trail this year. Several of the coaches in our area mentioned the Ship guys had made quite an impression on them in the way they had recruited their schools and our local area as a whole. I think this class could make an impact in a year or two and some of them, given Ship's deficiencies at some position groups, might even help this coming season. But as we all know, that's only true if they can persuade any standouts who do develop to stick around and help the team improve.

Comment

Among the 30 ESU signees were 20 team captains, numerous State Champions and a Valedictorian!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I'll give Mac credit. Obviously, I don't know what's in his mind, but I suspect he got tired of taking punches the past couple of years, and he and his staff really got out and worked their butts off on the recruiting trail this year. Several of the coaches in our area mentioned the Ship guys had made quite an impression on them in the way they had recruited their schools and our local area as a whole. I think this class could make an impact in a year or two and some of them, given Ship's deficiencies at some position groups, might even help this coming season. But as we all know, that's only true if they can persuade any standouts who do develop to stick around and help the team improve.
              Is his seat getting hot?
              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-09-2024, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                Among the 30 ESU signees were 20 team captains, numerous State Champions and a Valedictorian!
                and they'll still underachieve and suck!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Is his seat getting hot?
                  I doubt it. I think the Ship athletic administration understands they don't approach some of the top PSAC programs in terms of scholarship money.

Comment

That is the best way to keep building, grab as many of those types as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

That is the best way to keep building, grab as many of those types as you can.
                      I agree. Team Captains, multi-sport athletes, players who excelled on the field and off. The guys who were All State or Bust are just going to transfer to something better.

Comment

I’ll give your baiting attempt a C+.

You lost me at the Valedictorian. Obviously that person would have picked IUP….The Princeton of the Pee Sack.

Last edited by IUPNation; 02-09-2024, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Twitter is hilarious. EVERY kid is a "beast" or a "dawg" or a "stud". Every. One.

For me the great mystery is that there are kids who right now are sitting on a handful of offers and end up doing nothing. Just disappear into the abyss. Even some who were announced as recruits by the schools.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I’ll give your baiting attempt a C+.

You lost me at the Valedictorian. Obviously that person would have picked IUP….The Princeton of the Pee Sack.

Exactly who was I baiting. I KNOW you can't count to 20!!! :)

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I doubt it. I think the Ship athletic administration understands they don't approach some of the top PSAC programs in terms of scholarship money.
                              I would agree with this. The last couple of years haven't been pretty, but Mac has done a creditable job of maintaining competitive teams over the long haul and on occasion has had teams capable of beating anyone in the league on a given day. It looks as if he's brought in a nice class this year, but the key is preventing them from leaking out of the program a la Dorsey, Douglass, etc. I think it's significant that he and his staff appear to have put in more work closer to home than they have in a while.

Comment

Exactly who was I baiting. I KNOW you can't count to 20!!! :)
                                I knew it was nonsense right away.

Yet two others took you seriously.

At least you tried.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X