Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the PSAC point view Frostburg makes senses, but from Frostburg's point of view with Fake Notre Dame closing, they from a football perspective may be able to dominate the MEC. also Frostburg has other sports, does the women's lacrosse, softball really want to travel to Gannon??? I think Frostburg's travel for the other sports is doable, the only have to travel to UNC-Pembroke for football only.

Comment

• Always the notion the PSAC does nothing. It already has plenty of teams.

It's likely a matter of time until one football program goes Mansfield anyway.

I think they will poach one, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
        Interesting article by Matt Burgland in the Indiana Gazette today about the move. Apparently Steve Murray reached out to Hurst two weeks ago due to the rumors and they told him they had “no contact with the NEC.” However in their press conference yesterday they said the move was first discussed in 2004 and then picked up steam about three years ago. How classy and godly of this fine Catholic institution.
        A conservative institution lied? Shocked...shocked I say!

This is sarcasm.
        Last edited by IUPNation; 04-05-2024, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Don't forget this is a university whose president was allowed to retire after an investigation found merit in accusations that he sexually abused boys.

https://abuseguardian.com/william-ga...st-university/

Definitely don't Google the thing about the girl who gave birth on campus then left the baby to die in the dorm bathtub.
          Again...shocked...shocked I say!

They are part of making America Great Again.

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            What was their 2024 PSAC schedule?
            Mostly losses.

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

A conservative institution lied....shocked...shocked I say!

This is sarcasm.
              Do we replace them with Hillsdale then?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Is Frostburg a done deal ? Seems like the most obvious and easiest choice, but there might be some other possibilities. Lincoln for instance. even New Haven. Move LHU west.
                Lincoln is an HBCU and probably prefers to be in the CIAA with similar institutions. They really don't offer anything to the Pee Sack.

New Haven is just too far for them to go to PA every other week or for us to go there. It just doesn't work.

Your top choices are Frostburg, Fairmont, West Liberty and I'm just going to put it out there....why not Ashland?

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                  Delta State has an opening Nov. 2nd. Would be a GREAT game if they can hook up with IUP! Lets make that happen

Northwest Missouri State has an opening Oct. 26th.Cal can replace that game too.
                  IUP now has a bye week before we host the State Game and return to our entitled spot as Pee Sack Champions.

Torts would be dumb to schedule anybody that week at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocknTheSnackBar View Post

Do we replace them with Hillsdale then?
                    Who would have thought LIT AF had more integrity between the two Erie schools?

It's always the ones you don't suspect who turn out to be the worst ones.

Comment

• With the addition of Mercyhurst, along with the return of Robert Morris as an affiliate, the NEC will have the 5 smallest stadium capacities in the FCS (and a tie on the 6th).

Duquesne - 2,200
                      Mercyhurst - 2,300
                      Stonehill - 2,400
                      Robert Morris - 3,000
                      Wagner - 3,300

Comment

• two possible northern teams are Lake Erie college or even if SUNY Fredonia currently D3 has 3200+ students
                        7 men's & 10 women teams. Could be a possible. Easy travel off I-90 about 50 miles east of Erie.
                        Mansfield might br persuaded to bring back D2 FB.
                        Aleghaney in Meadeville could be a possible , they draw well in Football Ave @2000
                        Long shots I know but thinking outside the box

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Lincoln is an HBCU and probably prefers to be in the CIAA with similar institutions. They really don't offer anything to the Pee Sack.

New Haven is just too far for them to go to PA every other week or for us to go there. It just doesn't work.

Your top choices are Frostburg, Fairmont, West Liberty and I'm just going to put it out there....why not Ashland?
                          I think those three MEC's are probably the most likely thought of ones. Ashland might be a bit too far for the PSAC's liking.

Comment

• Ashland is perfectly placed within the GMAC, I'd be shocked if they were looking to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                              I agree, the timing of so many moves lately is rushed. Programs are willing to "figure things out later", and when the time comes to figure those out, you end up with the reality of being FCS Independent.

If the America East ever decides to sponsor football on their own, maybe that gives Merrimack and Sacred Heart a life raft as associate members. But the America East seems adamant about not sponsoring football.
                              The America East only has four schools which sponsor football outside of the league: SUNY Albany, Bryant, Maine and New Hampshire. With that said, you also have a pair of A-10 schools (Rhode Island and Richmond), plus Villanova from the Big East. And all seven schools mentioned are part of the CAA.

Maybe the four AE schools could convince URI and Richmond to break way from the CAA and bring in Merrimack and Sacred Heart - granted, that's a very long shot, since neither the A-10 nor AE seem interested in sponsoring football, even under those circumstances. You also have another Big East school in Georgetown who competes in the Patriot League (Georgetown and Fordham basically fill the spots of Army and Navy for Patriot League football), which currently sits at seven members.

There might be options out there for Merrimack and/or Sacred Heart to join a league for football, but there obviously aren't any guarantees.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Everybody in the West is going to be at 10 games, going to be very hard if not impossible to find replace games in the middle of conference play; good thing Cal got a replacement game for their AB game that was scheduled or they would be at 9.
                                Was Cal-AB supposed to be a home-and-home?
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X