Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Has Bethany ever toyed with moving up? They have football. Can't be much worse than WVW.

​​​​​​
    They don't have the money. They're teetering, too. 650 students. There's not a number missing.

Comment

Has Bethany ever toyed with moving up? They have football. Can't be much worse than WVW.

​​​​​​
      I've never heard them mentioned even in passing. They are going though an enrolment decline which is having a serious effect on their bottom line. But, at least according to their President, 2023 saw a record number of incoming freshmen which drove their enrolment up 42% this year which built on the 12% freshman enrolment gain from 2022. Again, according to their President, overall enrolment is up 24% over the last two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Northwest Missouri State?
        No. They are trying for a SR1 team .

Comment

• The NEC schools have posted their 2024 football schedules. Central Connecticut, Long Island, Sacred Heart and Wagner all have 12 games. The others have 11 games (open dates) - Duquense (September 28 and October 19), St Francis (September 28 and November 9) and Stonehill (August 31 and September 28).

What are the chances that Mercyhurst retains most of their PSAC 2024 schedule? Would the PSAC accommodate them? Is it up to each school?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
            The NEC schools have posted their 2024 football schedules. Central Connecticut, Long Island, Sacred Heart and Wagner all have 12 games. The others have 11 games (open dates) - Duquense (September 28 and October 19), St Francis (September 28 and November 9) and Stonehill (August 31 and September 28).

What are the chances that Mercyhurst retains most of their PSAC 2024 schedule? Would the PSAC accommodate them? Is it up to each school?
            My guess is the PSAC would tell them to take a hike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
              The NEC schools have posted their 2024 football schedules. Central Connecticut, Long Island, Sacred Heart and Wagner all have 12 games. The others have 11 games (open dates) - Duquense (September 28 and October 19), St Francis (September 28 and November 9) and Stonehill (August 31 and September 28).
              Robert Morris is back in the NEC and they play a 12 game schedule (two D2 schools - Edinboro and Frostburg - and FBS Utah State).
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

My guess is the PSAC would tell them to take a hike.
                Would be a nice feather to tell recruits you beat a D1 FCS team by 30+

Comment

• Isn’t Bethany in the middle of nowhere? I knew someone that had a job interview there and wouldn’t take the job because there was nothing there

Comment

• Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
                    Isn’t Bethany in the middle of nowhere? I knew someone that had a job interview there and wouldn’t take the job because there was nothing there
                    I had a prof that was part time at IUP who taught there, and she acted like it was Oxford, and she was at IUP to teach the peasants.

Comment

• It is in the middle of nowhere, but it's less than an hour away from the Pittsburgh airport, so it fits fairly well in the footprint of the PAC. They're also just down the road from West Liberty.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                        It is in the middle of nowhere, but it's less than an hour away from the Pittsburgh airport, so it fits fairly well in the footprint of the PAC. They're also just down the road from West Liberty.
                        5 miles from Bethany to the front door of West Liberty University.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

No. They are trying for a SR1 team .
                          As I expected the NE 10 team contacted to fill ROCK'S home open date on October 26 due to Mercyhurst bolting the PSAC; will not happen. However in any interesting tweek the following week's game against Clarion has been moved from a Saturday to the preceding Thursday(Halloween) the game is at Clarion.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

As I expected the NE 10 team contacted to fill ROCK'S home open date on October 26 due to Mercyhurst bolting the PSAC; will not happen. However in any interesting tweek the following week's game against Clarion has been moved from a Saturday to the preceding Thursday(Halloween) the game is at Clarion.
                            That's a cool change. Thursday night Halloween should be a cool atmosphere. That game will essentially be a horror movie anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

5 miles from Bethany to the front door of West Liberty University.
                              Both are in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

That's a cool change. Thursday night Halloween should be a cool atmosphere. That game will essentially be a horror movie anyway.
                                I remember Ship and Zac Zulli playing at Bloomsburg in a televised Halloween game some years back. Zulli had one of his better games, throwing for I believe over 400 yards in bad weather conditions. Both teams were respectable that year, which seems a long while ago now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X