Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

The rain should be done by Saturday morning. Expect temps in low 40s and dropping by kickoff.
    Too bad. My wife and I considered driving up from Galveston. However, we are currently on a cruise, and have nothing heavier than a couple of hoodies with us.
    Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

The Blazers are on their way!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1471225799483305990

#BlazerNation

Comment

Bundle up in layers on Saturday in McKenney. It's going to be a cold night. Luckily rain is out of the forecast. Hope to see some of you allvat the tailgate. Weather calls for a high of 52 during the day and a low of 28 later during the evening hours

Comment

#2 Valdosta vs #1 Ferris

Post Reply SUBSCRIBE
          PostsLatest ActivityPhotos
          • Filter

Previous 1 2 3 4 5

• agent1906vsu

Most consider VSU to be the unde dog in this game.

We've been the under dog in almost ever Championship game except possibly one thatcI can remember. Of those we've won all but one, our first against Grand Valley. If I were a betting man, I'd never bet against VSU, as we usually find a way to win through talent, coaching and determination.

Both our passing game as well as running game have been equally effective this year. We have a very fast and elusive QB who has only been sacked twice on the season and can also stretch the field with the deep ball. He has two very fast and capable receivers, as well as two running backs who can carry the load and are a threat to take it to the house on any given play. In short, opponentscan key on any particular player or position. When a team has tried to take away either the run or passing game, VSU has no problem changing to the run game. Our problem is we typically score so fast that tlour defense doesn't have much time to rest.

My concern will be our ability to contain the QB on the keeper plays, and turn overs. There are aspects of this team that are not as good as our last Championship team and some that are even better. IMO we have more dept than most teams and I like our coaches ability to make in game adjustments. I wish we were better at milking the clock with a lead.

Comment

Comment

From the Weather Channel for McKinney.

When are we going to move the NC game to Florida???
              Last edited by BlazerLady; 12-16-2021, 08:03 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                From the Weather Channel for McKinney.

When are we going to move the NC game to Florida???
                Temperature is a number and cold is a mindset

Comment

Originally posted by agent1906vsu View Post

Most consider VSU to be the unde dog in this game.

We've been the under dog in almost ever Championship game except possibly one thatcI can remember. Of those we've won all but one, our first against Grand Valley. If I were a betting man, I'd never bet against VSU, as we usually find a way to win through talent, coaching and determination.

Both our passing game as well as running game have been equally effective this year. We have a very fast and elusive QB who has only been sacked twice on the season and can also stretch the field with the deep ball. He has two very fast and capable receivers, as well as two running backs who can carry the load and are a threat to take it to the house on any given play. In short, opponentscan key on any particular player or position. When a team has tried to take away either the run or passing game, VSU has no problem changing to the run game. Our problem is we typically score so fast that tlour defense doesn't have much time to rest.

My concern will be our ability to contain the QB on the keeper plays, and turn overs. There are aspects of this team that are not as good as our last Championship team and some that are even better. IMO we have more dept than most teams and I like our coaches ability to make in game adjustments. I wish we were better at milking the clock with a lead.[/LIST]
                  From looking at the Pick em's from the other conferences on the board, I think it's the exact opposite. Most are picking VSU. As I stated in another thread, everyone was picking VSU to be #1 during the reseeding. Nothing has changed from that. I still think they go in as the favorites, especially if the weather holds.

Argonut hit the nail on the head, if we don't take care of the ball, this will be over early. We need to string some long drives together and keep that O off the field. Still predicting a Dawgs win, but sphincters gonna get real tight during this one.

Comment

Looking foward to a great game. It takes so many things to go right for two teams to make it to this level. Imagine being the last two standing out of 164 teams. That speaks volumes. Win or lose on Saturday both teams and fans can stand proud of their amazing respective season. At this point the ranks are out the door. It comes down to which team can better execute their game plan and get some stops on defense. Which coaching staff will make the better adjustments.

Neither team has played from behind often this season. Though VSU had a loss on the season, it game against arguably one of the best programs in the country. The team still put up 42 points in the loss. I think in this instance they learned more from the loss, as they have become more focused since that game.

It's been amazing watching the growth and development of Ivory Durham. I can recall meeting his family in the stands during his Fresan year. We knew he was special from day 1. He has waited his turn to become QB1, and has been the model player/student since stepping on campus.

I've followed Blazer football since my attendance during the mid 80's. Like each of the previous Championship teams, this one is special. There is talent across the board with very few weaknesses, and an amazing coaching staff.

Keys to victory include ball control and clock management, We are at our best when we are balanced, between the run and passing game. Thus far no one has been able to shut down either. I'd love to see us get the lead and finally control the clock in the fourth quarter via the run game. This is the time that we usually allow our opponents to get back into the game. Let's have some long sustained drives that result in points in the 4th. Sometimes people forget just how good our defense can be. We need more of that shut down defense that we saw early in the season.

I'll see you guys tonight in McKenney.

Comment

Just play disciplined defense like they have been playing, no big runs. Our offense will get its points. They can't rush 3 against us like they did Shepherd or they will be doing a lot of chasing lol.

Comment

Rooting for VSU, but predicting FSU... 42-31. But I'd take the over. Although these 2 ran it up last time. Natty's tend to be lower scoring. TA may not know for sure how good his backend D is. Therefore, I think he'll try to slow the game down. Still, Bernhadt could take it to the house on any one play.

Comment

so can about 5 Blazers on any play.

Comment

It's feel like Christmas Eve! Here in San Antonio packing up for the ride to Dallas then off to Georgia.

The Blazers need to play Blazer brand football, manage the clock in the 4th and don't lay off the gas. Let's Go Blazers!!

Titletown is ready for another trophy!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                              Natty's tend to be lower scoring
                              Last 3 championships have averaged 82 ppg (which is a little surprising).

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                                Rooting for VSU, but predicting FSU... 42-31. But I'd take the over. Although these 2 ran it up last time. Natty's tend to be lower scoring. TA may not know for sure how good his backend D is. Therefore, I think he'll try to slow the game down. Still, Bernhadt could take it to the house on any one play.
                                I was watching few games on Youtube, Ferris vs, Lakers and Bernhardt reminds me a LOT of Rogen Wells, ...can put the light touch or zip line it in, plus he can scary run.
                                I hate to say this, but I think Blazers have met their match,.
                                <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X