Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
    Another dumb comment - I am old school so one only receives a trophy when they earn it - I want the team to earn many more and to do that I must participate - UM has gone 15 years without playing for a conference championship and yet have had 100K plus at every game during those same 15 years and added to the stadium at every level and now maybe, IF they can beat OSU, something they haven't done in 6 years and only once in the past 15, they will play for one - so don't tell me fans don't support their program with attendance and money during bad times
    99% of the s**t you say is dumb. Being old school is one of the reasons the GV football program is where it is. Refusing to adapt and change with the game. Running the same ol schemes that may have worked 10 years ago CLEARLY isn't working now. MM refuses to adapt and change with the game. You can be content with barely good enough. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to be.

Comment

Not to burst in here, but 10-2 is nothing to sneeze about. That is what most consider a great year, although your playoff record is crap. If you want to save yourself some typing just go over to the MIAA thread and copy and paste all the "Fire Tim Beck" post from Pitiful State. GVSU is a great program and will continue to be.

Comment

I'm going to piggy-back off what Cat N Mav said above. My wife and I made the trip from NW MO and were extremely impressed with everything about GV. Beautiful campus, great facilities and the hospitality we were showed was second to none. I couldn't count the number of fans that came up to us (before and after the game) thanking us for coming, asking about our trip and just being pleasant I general. A group of guys that played at GV in the 80s stopped us on our way and we had a great chat. The amount of class you guys have is second to none and there aren't enough good things I can say about GV. Thank you for your hospitality!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          See that's what I think. The great thing about college football is that it doesn't pay to tank. There is no magical QB waiting with the #1 draft pick. The difference, perceptually, between 8-3 and 7-4 is enormous. I would hope fans would continue to support and attend. They don't want to hurt the program. At the same time, organize an email or letter writing campaign or take signs to the game saying fire the coach. Wear a paper bag over your head if you think a coach needs to go. You'll get a lot more traction that way, in my opinion.
          Gotta say that I am surprised by this post from you,but I guess you like everyone else on your board are entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Looter View Post
            As per usual...Ferris is the last GLIAC team standing.
            Yes also DEAD LAST in the GLIAC in academic success in football and you are leading there by a HUGE margin too...thats ok...Mickey Ds is hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish1916 View Post
              It is time for Keri Becker to decide if she is up to the job as athletic director at Grand Valley. Tim Selgo never should have hired his son in-law to be the head coach to replace Chuck Martin. Tim was not up to the task of firing Matt but Keri should consider either firing or reassigning him within the athletic department. It is clear Matt will never win the big games at Grand Valley. How many of his assistant coaches have ever gone on to bigger and better positions on other staffs? When was the last time that we made adjustments to win games? I am a graduate and Laker fan, long time season ticket holder and donor. I will not travel 4 hours round trip to watch crappy coaching, I sit in section 206, I will not donate any more money, will not buy raffle tickets, will not buy GV shirts, will not buy season tickets, will not buy parking passing and will properly not watch another crappy coaching performance by a Matt Mitchell coached team.
              Please PM me your seat numbers as I am looking for more tickets in section 206, I will gladly buy them. Also total up what you give a year and we can take care of that also. Like my last hubby said it is either me or that damn dog...we are sure gonna miss ya...come sit her Puppy. Ya know all that money do spent actually helped kids right? Dont worry we got you here...

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                Gotta say that I am surprised by this post from you,but I guess you like everyone else on your board are entitled to your opinion.
                You would rather people pull their economic support and quit attending?

Comment

I am sure that after an evening of telling disgruntled Laker fans to stop the tired trope, you do not know anything about GV football or to stop the bull ****, that BillyGV and Kleshreen are feeling real good about being mega supporters of a mediocre football program. I am interested in a response to my earlier post on assistants under Matt Mitchell that have gone on to other programs and one person listed 6 coaches that have left to be part of Chuck Martin's staff at Miami of Ohio. I will grant these coaches have moved on to better positions, are there any of Matt's coaches that have left for better position other then those offered by Chuck Martin? My line of questioning is not hard to follow. Is going to Chuck's staff a safe landing zone to get away from Matt or have other programs been overwhelmed by the success of Matt's assistants and moved up to better jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                    Please PM me your seat numbers as I am looking for more tickets in section 206, I will gladly buy them. Also total up what you give a year and we can take care of that also. Like my last hubby said it is either me or that damn dog...we are sure gonna miss ya...come sit her Puppy. Ya know all that money do spent actually helped kids right? Dont worry we got you here...
                    I am happy that there are loyal supporters of the GV Football program that will continue to give in the amounts they have in the past and keep attending games for a mediocre program. God Bless you, have fun watching the National Championship game at home and enjoy the extra room in section 206 next season.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                      Enough of your bull high and mighty money doesn't matter crap. You couldn't afford what we have given per year, I promise. Don't worry, we got you here times a thousand. See ya buh bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                        You would rather people pull their economic support and quit attending?
                        Rarely if ever are there people that ACTUALLY give money that come on message boards and act like this but you do make a fair point, I will give you that. 99% of folks just want to vent and pound their chest and say listen to me I am all knowing..LOL...most have never taken a snap of college football. Yesterday was a tough day for sure for a lot of us...more so for some than others...good luck to the Bearcats, class operation and I hope they felt the same way with us at Lubbers.

Comment

In the past Grand Valley had a section in their game day program called the Grand Valley Coaching Tree. Have not seen that for at least 5 years. Wonder what caused the athletic program to eliminate this?

Comment

More than a few posts saying that GV is a mediocre program. Please list every program that is better than GV...I can list entire conferences that are worse than GV. So someone's definition of mediocre is markedly skewed. Sorry guys, the numbers lean heavily my way on this one. True, changes are appropriate with GV but it will be much easier, and likely effective, with many of the current personnel than unknown potential personnel.

And think about this... people are asking to fire a coach that just come off of a 10-2 season? One with a completely rebuilt RB field, new Xfers on the D and a multi year QB with somewhat serious injuries? Seems like a ton of shuffling transpired post February.
                            I would love to hear the story as to why BW didn't get sat, but most know that for decades at GV, seniors get a leg up.. regardless as to what the coach says. Honestly, for some reason, with all the experience BW had before this season, I was anticipating better performances. I don't know if it was injuries, receiver quality, or just mental aspects, but clearly he could and should have been better.

I do agree MM has flaws, but on the whole I'm in the mindset that his skills far outweigh them.

Comment

Yesterday I was complimentary, today I can be more tongue-in-cheek. In 2007, somebody damaged private property of a GV fan on this board who had made the long trip to Maryville. Many of us still feel bad that our school was represented like that, but if you've followed football enough, you know that there's almost always a group of people who are an embarrassment to the great fans. Grand Valley found a way to avoid that scenario. :wink:

Grand Valley fans need to be more like UNA fans. Know that the run you had was special, unlikely to be repeated by anyone in the country, and your inability to sustain it doesn't mean you're not really good. UNA kept its swagger.

Great talking to Redwing. Class guy who's able to banter.

Bulldog won some Northwest hats off of me back before GV was a proven commodity. Let's face it, accepting a bet before the season the season that they'd repeat as champions seemed like a slam dunk at the time. Jim, if you don't wear one of those hats to the game next week, I will take it as an admission on your part that the Army is superior to the Navy. *edit* I just learned Jim passed away. Thus, he won't be wearing the hat. I'll take that as a sign that he's gained enlightenment and now would agree the army is better. Hopefully he's also found that God favors Northwest. Truly sad to hear of Jim's passing (or hear again, because I may have heard and forgotten). He was the best bandwagon fan I never met.

Both teams went away from what the fans talked about leading up to the game, fades and jets sweeps. For Northwest, limiting those and the passing game was a key component in the win. NWs defensive backs played their best game.
                              Last edited by Cat N Mav; 11-18-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat N Mav View Post
                                Army is superior to the Navy.
                                True statement

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X