Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris vs Minn St.

Looks like it could be evenly matched. Offensively Minn St. likes to line up in 2TE pound and playaction. Oline has good size to it. Run a dual qb system. Tough RB with good vision.

Defensively they look pretty stout as well. Not sure where they would land on the speed spectrum but doubt that will matter with conditions. Projected temp is 15 degrees. Grass field so it'll probably be a skating rink.

Both teams rushed the ball 70 plus times for 350 yds. Should be an old school NFC North black and blue snot knocker won between the tackles and field position.

Re: Ferris vs Minn St.

Yes, at least this week we shouldn't have a never ending discussion on if weather and a grass field have any effect on the game.

Oh wait, this is the D2 board crowd. Never mind. There will be something to argue about!

Comment

I'm thankful we're playing them in football and not hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by The Looter View Post
        I'm thankful we're playing them in football and not hockey.
        :laugh: There have been some classic Mav- Bulldog battles in that sport.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Oh wait, this is the D2 board crowd. Never mind. There will be something to argue about!
          Exactly! Ferris should move up!

Comment

Ferris St. fans... what should I know about your team coming in to play the Mavericks? Strengths and weaknesses?

Comment

The football field at Mankato is like a hockey arena, in that the stands are right on top of the field with very little sideline room.

If Ferris starts fast and gets ahead early, like they have been doing, they stand a good chance of winning. That is what Valdosta did in 2012. Ferris has big aggressive linemen on both sides of the ball and speed at the skill positions. Mankato wants to make up for their 2014 fizzle. This will be close game.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                Ferris St. fans... what should I know about your team coming in to play the Mavericks? Strengths and weaknesses?
                Very big and physical lines,especially our o-line. A lot of speed at the wideouts/slots. Brand new defense from last year. Only 1 senior that plays. Has been really coming on. Harding moved on them in the second half,outside of that they've had a really good playoff. I don't think Jayru is completely healthy still. Seems like they protected him somewhat vs OBU. In my opinion,the more carries Marvin Campbell gets,the better our offense is.

Comment

Comment

Our kicking game is a major weakness. Sounds like you'll have a major advantage in that area.

Comment

Yes, at least this week we shouldn't have a never ending discussion on if weather and a grass field have any effect on the game.

Your team playing?

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
                        Exactly! Ferris should move up!
                        There it is the thing IH8 from the other Valley - Yea!

Comment

Originally posted by Football for life View Post
                          Your team playing?
                          You saw my icon. You know the answer.

Comment

You saw my icon. You know the answer.
                            LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                              Looks like it could be evenly matched. Offensively Minn St. likes to line up in 2TE pound and playaction. Oline has good size to it. Run a dual qb system. Tough RB with good vision.

Defensively they look pretty stout as well. Not sure where they would land on the speed spectrum but doubt that will matter with conditions. Projected temp is 15 degrees. Grass field so it'll probably be a skating rink.

Both teams rushed the ball 70 plus times for 350 yds. Should be an old school NFC North black and blue snot knocker won between the tackles and field position.
                              Playing out to be an exciting game however not like the last one we will have to earn this one.
                              Go Dawg's!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X