Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris vs Minn St.

I have no idea how this game will play out, obviously both of these teams are very good. Buuuuuttt I have a very hard time believing that your front 7 is THAT much better than what Ferris has seen vs GVSU, Ashland, Findlay, Davenport (Say what you want but their Box Defense has some DUDES on it), Harding or NW Missouri State. If your front 7 is THAT much better than all of those teams, you truly have one of the best teams in DII history. Maybe that is the case, but I am going to side with Tundra Man and say Ferris has seen very equal comparisons to what you will throw at them on Saturday. I have a hard time believing you guys have seen equal comparisons to what you will see from Ferris, not that I think they are that good, or better than you guys, but they will be the biggest and best team you have seen thus far.

I also believe that if the conditions were anything close to normal this past Saturday then Tarleton would have won, the conditions weren't, and Tareleton didn't, I get that. Ferris deals with cold like 60% of the season and all of spring ball so pure cold isn't going to scare them off.

With that said, Mankato is a traditional power so I wouldn't be surprised at all at any outcome of this game either way. Here is to hoping for a great and healthy game on both sides. Neither can afford to lose dudes if they want to have any chance of beating Mighty Valdosta from the Mighty South!

Comment

Originally posted by GLIACWatcher View Post
      I have no idea how this game will play out, obviously both of these teams are very good. Buuuuuttt I have a very hard time believing that your front 7 is THAT much better than what Ferris has seen vs GVSU, Ashland, Findlay, Davenport (Say what you want but their Box Defense has some DUDES on it), Harding or NW Missouri State. If your front 7 is THAT much better than all of those teams, you truly have one of the best teams in DII history. Maybe that is the case, but I am going to side with Tundra Man and say Ferris has seen very equal comparisons to what you will throw at them on Saturday. I have a hard time believing you guys have seen equal comparisons to what you will see from Ferris, not that I think they are that good, or better than you guys, but they will be the biggest and best team you have seen thus far.

I also believe that if the conditions were anything close to normal this past Saturday then Tarleton would have won, the conditions weren't, and Tareleton didn't, I get that. Ferris deals with cold like 60% of the season and all of spring ball so pure cold isn't going to scare them off.

With that said, Mankato is a traditional power so I wouldn't be surprised at all at any outcome of this game either way. Here is to hoping for a great and healthy game on both sides. Neither can afford to lose dudes if they want to have any chance of beating Mighty Valdosta from the Mighty South!
      Never once did I say that Ferris hasn't seen a front 7 or 4 like us... please reread what I said. I stated that we have heard that for the last 2 weeks we haven't seen an offensive line like whomever's we are playing. I have no doubt that Ferris State has a good offensive line that is going to create holes for them, but to say that we haven't seen an offensive line with their size is false, the last two offensive lines we've faced averaged 305+.

Also I never once said anything about the weather in this game, I'm not sure why you're putting words in my mouth, I've never once discredited FSU and what they've done this year, in fact I said to get to this point you have to have a good offensive line. I disagree saying that we haven't seen anything like FSU's offensive line because we have faced just alone this year the #3 rushing offense in TSU, the #5 rushing offense in USF, and the #16 rushing offense in CSUP. Mankato has seen big physically imposing lines and held their own and athletic offensive lines with pulling guards, sweeps, and tosses and held their own.

Please don't put words in my mouth, when I've done nothing but credit Ferris State. I know more about Mankato than FSU obviously, but I also know to be one of the last 4 standing, you have to have a stout O-Line. I look forward to this game and seeing what our front 7 can do against another Offensive Line like we have never seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
        In all my years of being a football fan, whenever I've heard someone tell another team "you've never seen an X like ours" it's pretty much a guarantee that the other team has.
        I have been running this site for 19 years. This is the most astute observation in the site's history.

It is usually written by someone new to following their team. Just because YOU haven't seen something that good doesn't mean it doesn't exist or hasn't existed before.

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post
          Never once did I say that Ferris hasn't seen a front 7 or 4 like us... please reread what I said. I stated that we have heard that for the last 2 weeks we haven't seen an offensive line like whomever's we are playing. I have no doubt that Ferris State has a good offensive line that is going to create holes for them, but to say that we haven't seen an offensive line with their size is false, the last two offensive lines we've faced averaged 305+.

Also I never once said anything about the weather in this game, I'm not sure why you're putting words in my mouth, I've never once discredited FSU and what they've done this year, in fact I said to get to this point you have to have a good offensive line. I disagree saying that we haven't seen anything like FSU's offensive line because we have faced just alone this year the #3 rushing offense in TSU, the #5 rushing offense in USF, and the #16 rushing offense in CSUP. Mankato has seen big physically imposing lines and held their own and athletic offensive lines with pulling guards, sweeps, and tosses and held their own.

Please don't put words in my mouth, when I've done nothing but credit Ferris State. I know more about Mankato than FSU obviously, but I also know to be one of the last 4 standing, you have to have a stout O-Line. I look forward to this game and seeing what our front 7 can do against another Offensive Line like we have never seen before.
          I don't think either was targeting you, but the practice in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            I have been running this site for 19 years. This is the most astute observation in the site's history.

It is usually written by someone new to following their team. Just because YOU haven't seen something that good doesn't mean it doesn't exist or hasn't existed before.
            Believe me I'm not new to following Mankato.. also again I never once said they haven't seen a Front 7 or Front 4 like we have. I stated our front 7 has held their own every week we've been told we haven't seen an O-Line like so and so's, and I also said don't be surprised if our front 7 or front 4 shut down a run game with just backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

agree.... except of course when Laker fans claimed in 01 that nobody had seen anything like the anes to kircus combo :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                agree.... except of course when Laker fans claimed in 01 that nobody had seen anything like the anes to kircus combo :smile-big:
                ACU and WT had some stupid QB to WR combos.. some that even did better at the next level. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Football for life View Post
                  Are you like 10 - 12 years old?
                  Come on over for some Jameson and find out guy. We can talk about it over the good stuff.

Comment

Well that was true...LOL..

Comment

Originally posted by GLIACWatcher View Post

You make it sound like Valdosta beating ND is a done deal? ( I am sorry I cant stop laughing while typing this. I really tried but I cant stop ). I have no idea who will win but Ferris is a good team and so is Minn...Weather will be tough but both teams are used to it...so...safe travels to both...losing that number 1 seed as been more of a thorn in the side that I imagined it would.

Comment

Ummm it was called the Kircus Circus bro, get it right :P

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                          ACU and WT had some stupid QB to WR combos.. some that even did better at the next level. :smile-big:
                          Hey, they could have been great in the NFL if they laid off the nose candy or had both knees or didn't beat people up lol.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                            Hey, they could have been great in the NFL if they laid off the nose candy or had both knees or didn't beat people up lol.
                            Always with the negative waves...SMH. How are they doing today? Care to update?

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                              Good, probably? You tell me.
                              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                                Anes and Kircus? Both turned their lives around. Anes is a youth/young adult pastor at Resurrection Life in Grandville, last I saw. Kircus was a highlighted alumni on the alumni association page a few weeks ago. I believe he is in sales/marketing at a high level, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X