Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris vs Minn St.

Blakeslee is one of the last natural turf fields left. That's football! Reminds me of the old Packer/Cowboy frozen tundra quote.

Probably one of the best-remembered (and most frequently-quoted) examples of Facenda's NFL Films narration is something he never actually said: "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field" was a quote sportscaster Chris Berman made up, mimicking Facenda's voice when he said it.
    John Facenda - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Facenda

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
      Blakeslee is one of the last natural turf fields left. That's football! Reminds me of the old Packer/Cowboy frozen tundra quote.

Probably one of the best-remembered (and most frequently-quoted) examples of Facenda's NFL Films narration is something he never actually said: "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field" was a quote sportscaster Chris Berman made up, mimicking Facenda's voice when he said it.
      John Facenda - Wikipedia
      Interesting. Kind of like the phrase, "Beam me up, Scotty" was never actually used on Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
        Interesting. Kind of like the phrase, "Beam me up, Scotty" was never actually used on Star Trek.
        And I don't think Scotty ever said, "I've got to have twenty minutes" either. He did say thirty minutes though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
            As a lover of all things Trek, I approve of this analogy.

Comment

John Facenda - Wikipedia
              I miss Facenda. Used to watch him on channel 6 in Philadelphia in the late sixties. synonymous with NFL films

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                I miss Facenda. Used to watch him on channel 6 in Philadelphia in the late sixties. synonymous with NFL films
                Ha! With your screen name, I assumed you were much younger than that!

Comment

Comment

John Facenda - Wikipedia
                    I love watching those old NFL highlight films. They could put a positive spin on almost anything, including a team that went 2-14.

Comment

Eblen gave you the "Kiss of Death".....dawgs are done.

Comment

Dawgs on top

28 - 24, frame this post

Comment

Originally posted by walnut100 View Post
                          Dawgs on top

28 - 24, frame this post

Comment

Yes. The way that D2Football.com has has MSU ranked #1 the entire year must have felt like a huge slight! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                              Eblen gave you the "Kiss of Death".....dawgs are done.
                              I know. It's over. We had a good run though.

Comment

A little sandbagging to go with that chocolate milk? You guys are favorite to win it all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X