Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

Dont't worry. You can always add Ferris State.
    We're playing Ferris week 5, but okay. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

We're playing Ferris week 5, but okay. :D
      My bad, perhaps a road trip up to Houghton for a game with NMU would work out. Ashland could add Michigan Tech for Week 3 as well.
      Last edited by Uindy18; 02-23-2022, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I think the most interesting part of this is that it's happening THIS YEAR. Basically only four months away. These kinds of moves use to be announced years in advance.
        That seems to be the trend for D2 to D1/FCS moves. Rather than wait for a couple years after the announcement, these recent moves (TAMU Commerce, USI, Lindenwood) are taking place for the upcoming season. I'm pretty sure prior moves didn't move as quickly, but my memory isn't what it used to be... lol
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Here's a color rendering of the new addition. It looks like it's dedicated almost entirely to wrestling.
          https://grbj.com/news/education/gvsu...on-renovation/
          Click image for larger version

Name:	220118_GVSU_fieldhouse.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	654223

Comment

• Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
            Here's a color rendering of the new addition. It looks like it's dedicated almost entirely to wrestling.
            https://grbj.com/news/education/gvsu...on-renovation/
            Click image for larger version  Name:	220118_GVSU_fieldhouse.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.3 KB ID:	654223
            I'm kinda confused on the orientation of it. I couldn't figure it out from that blueprint you posted previously. Where is this addition in relation to the current Fieldhouse Arena? Northwest of the arena? It kinda looks like maybe this is the small open space of grass that is right across from the beach volleyball/tennis courts?
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I'm kinda confused on the orientation of it. I couldn't figure it out from that blueprint you posted previously. Where is this addition in relation to the current Fieldhouse Arena? Northwest of the arena? It kinda looks like maybe this is the small open space of grass that is right across from the beach volleyball/tennis courts?
              Yeah, I believe you're right. The round thing with the GV on it makes me think that's the case. Plus, there is a bit of a ramp that goes up to the entrance of the Field House there, which seems to be the case in this picture as well.

Comment

What is that from?

Whoever ponied up the money to restart the wrestling program must be VERY motivated that they are successful lol.
                Yes, a wrestling alum from the 70's when GV was one of the top programs in the country (all divisions) came up with several million to restart the wrestling program

Comment

I think youre right Kle. If the building buts right up to the road there, it would be a pretty large expansion. Excited to see the field house getting some very much needed changes

Comment

• Comment

• Pretty good career! And it sounds like he's going to look for other jobs. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

Part of me kinda thinks that puts a wrench in the logic of a possible D1 move, though. I don't think a coach would leave a D2 school if they knew they were going to move to being a D1 coach soon without having to change jobs.

Comment

Pretty good career! And it sounds like he's going to look for other jobs. Will be interesting to see where he lands.

Part of me kinda thinks that puts a wrench in the logic of a possible D1 move, though. I don't think a coach would leave a D2 school if they knew they were going to move to being a D1 coach soon without having to change jobs.
                        I understand what you are thinking and you could be right. My first thought was after 18 years and being in his early to mid 60's maybe he didn't want to try and build a D1 program. I assume moving up they wouldn't be eligible for post season for the first few years too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodbury View Post

I understand what you are thinking and you could be right. My first thought was after 18 years and being in his early to mid 60's maybe he didn't want to try and build a D1 program. I assume moving up they wouldn't be eligible for post season for the first few years too.
                          That could be true. Maybe he's on the other side of the fence and doesn't even want to go D1!

Comment

• I agree Ric Wesley has had a good career at GV. My first thought when I read the news was he was asked to resign. This past season was a letdown after high expectations going in and GV may want a new coach to build a DI program. I hope it was his decision to leave without pressure. I have followed the basketball program since the early 80s and he is the best coach they have had. If he wants to continue coaching I am sure he will land a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by tip79 View Post
                              I agree Ric Wesley has had a good career at GV. My first thought when I read the news was he was asked to resign. This past season was a letdown after high expectations going in and GV may want a new coach to build a DI program. I hope it was his decision to leave without pressure. I have followed the basketball program since the early 80s and he is the best coach they have had. If he wants to continue coaching I am sure he will land a job.
                              The entire 2007-08 season as well as the exhibition win over MSU will live in my memories forever. I was going to every home game at that time during my undergrad. Was so fun being in a packed gym every single game.

Comment

• I remember those too. They should have also beaten MSU at Van Andel. Missed/bad call by ref on MSU over and back cost them the game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X