Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OVC and Big South will merge their football membership into one association starting in 2023.
    The Big South Conference and the Ohio Valley Conference will create an FCS football association beginning in 2023, the two leagues announced.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post
      The OVC and Big South will merge their football membership into one association starting in 2023.
      I wonder if that would limit their need for adding Division II members.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

I wonder if that would limit their need for adding Division II members.
        I'm thinking it dampens their urgent need but I still think TTU and TSU are looking to leave. Eddie George had to know this was happening before his statement a few days back. Tenn. State obviously isn't happy in the current OVC. So, it's likely that isn't a secret to the OVC Commissioner.
        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Here is the thing with the OVC and Big South agreeing to an alliance, it seems only temporary. Now right now the Southland, potentially MEAC if there a swift breeze, the CUSA the OVC and Big South could all have one or two things move to tip the balance where the conference may or may not survive. The question ultimately is who is ready to agree to fill spots from D2 to save one of these conferences? Secondly and even less covered is if there is a number of schools that upgrade, where and who does D2 find to replace those upgrading?

Comment

• Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post
            Here is the thing with the OVC and Big South agreeing to an alliance, it seems only temporary. Now right now the Southland, potentially MEAC if there a swift breeze, the CUSA the OVC and Big South could all have one or two things move to tip the balance where the conference may or may not survive. The question ultimately is who is ready to agree to fill spots from D2 to save one of these conferences? Secondly and even less covered is if there is a number of schools that upgrade, where and who does D2 find to replace those upgrading?

Comment

• So Lindenwood is making their D1/FCS announcement tomorrow.

Southern Indiana already announced a D1 move.

Could we end up seeing all these schools, plus GV, plus a few others, go together? Package deal? Or start their own conference? I know USI doesn't have football, though....hmm.

But if you also discuss, maybe, Bellarmine and Northern Kentucky.....there's a good footprint there for recent D-II schools maybe joining forces together.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Looks like an expansion of the Fieldhouse is in the works. Not a main arena upgrade, but it looks like it could house the new wrestling program and volleyball.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by BeachinLaker; 02-23-2022, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                  Looks like an expansion of the Fieldhouse is in the works. Not a main arena upgrade, but it looks like it could house the new wrestling program and volleyball.
                  What is that from?

Whoever ponied up the money to restart the wrestling program must be VERY motivated that they are successful lol.

Comment

• It was in the board of trustees agenda last week. Here is a better image of the exterior and a floor plan.

Comment

• Improved exterior shot.

Comment

• I don't see Tarleton making that quick a move from D2 to FBS (probably the desperate sinking ship that is Conference USA) via FCS (WAC). I know they recently renovated their football stadium ahead of the jump to FCS, but that venue is going to need major upgrades to even be considered for FBS.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                          So Lindenwood is making their D1/FCS announcement tomorrow.

Southern Indiana already announced a D1 move.

Could we end up seeing all these schools, plus GV, plus a few others, go together? Package deal? Or start their own conference? I know USI doesn't have football, though....hmm.

But if you also discuss, maybe, Bellarmine and Northern Kentucky.....there's a good footprint there for recent D-II schools maybe joining forces together.
                          And it's official. Lindenwood is off to the OVC:

https://lindenwoodlions.com/news/202...onference.aspx
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Looks like Findlay will need a week 4 game to replace Lindenwood.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

And it's official. Lindenwood is off to the OVC:

https://lindenwoodlions.com/news/202...onference.aspx
                              I think the most interesting part of this is that it's happening THIS YEAR. Basically only four months away. These kinds of moves use to be announced years in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                                Looks like Findlay will need a week 4 game to replace Lindenwood.
                                Dont't worry. You can always add Ferris State.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X