Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

Maybe mines was better than I thought, but Ferris O Line, and D line looked far better than CO Mines. Plust Bernhardt looked a lot better.
    I think Mines was better than most of us thought. WT was ahead 13-0 at the half and they came back and won, shutting us out in the 2nd half. Angelo is a really good team and they stuffed them. They almost came back against Valdosta. They are very well coached, disciplined, and don't give up.

I watched both games last weekend and it's hard to figure out how to stop those offenses. The difference might be the offenses stopping themselves with mistakes. While Ferris seemed to move at will, their passing game didn't seem very well tuned, but Valdosta's looked very good. So while the game can go either way, I think I will pick Valdosta by 1. If they get behind, they have a better chance of catching up with their passing game.

It should be a fun game to watch.

Comment

Hopes and wishes are nice, but the tale of the tape doesn't lie. These are two evenly matched teams. It will come down to whomever makes the least mistakes and who wants it more. Both teams are extremely talented. Yes, FSU has strong line play, but VSU is no slouch either, giving up only two sacks on the year.

It appears that FSU is a run first team; whereas VSU will take whatever the defense gives, whether it be run or pass. I think having the ability to stretch the field will make the difference, VSU by 3.

Attached Files

Comment

And Valdosta played without their top receiver against Mines, Saunds. He's a lot like that W Florida receiver last year. All over the field. He'll be back this week according to the coach.

Comment

W Florida receiver in 2019 I meant.

Comment

These 2 receivers caught 186 yards against Ferris in 2018. So they've been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

Sounds like we can just cancel the game and give FSU the trophy then. Why even play if it's going to be such a one-sided beatdown, right?
              Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-13-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Guarantee you the Ferris players aren't coming into this like they're the favorites. If you look at the film, Valdosta looks way more explosive. I'm not sure how good their online is, just because of the people in the backfield. I mean yeah you only gave up 2 sacks, but I tend to believe that's more on the dude back there deciding he doesn't want to be sacked. Seriously, Ivory can run for 40 or throw for 40 on any play, his choice.

In 2018, TA had no idea how to contain VSU, and this offense seems more mature and more explosive so I'm sure he's feeling the same. Maybe we bring some snow from MI with that rain to slow those receivers down and give us a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

LOL....Guys don't drink the kool aid. This is an evenly matched game. As VSUfootballfan stated, this is basically the same set of skill position people from 2018 that threw the ball all over the field on us. Their oline is better and their QB is the biggest dual threat in D2. Shepherd receivers got behind our DBs continuously and VSU got some dudes...I mean legit 4.3 dudes.

If it is a wet and rainy day, then whoever can capitalize on turnovers will probably win this game. The less we pass the ball, the better. We need to turn into Harding and shorten the game when we have the ball.

Screw Massey, they had us losing to NWMS and I believe GV in our first match up. I think this game will come down to the last minute like last game.
                  So you're saying Massey constantly underrated you and you should be more like a 10.5 point favorite? Got it.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                    Guarantee you the Ferris players aren't coming into this like they're the favorites. If you look at the film, Valdosta looks way more explosive. I'm not sure how good their online is, just because of the people in the backfield. I mean yeah you only gave up 2 sacks, but I tend to believe that's more on the dude back there deciding he doesn't want to be sacked. Seriously, Ivory can run for 40 or throw for 40 on any play, his choice.

In 2018, TA had no idea how to contain VSU, and this offense seems more mature and more explosive so I'm sure he's feeling the same. Maybe we bring some snow from MI with that rain to slow those receivers down and give us a chance.
                    You realize the "underdog" storyline ended for Ferris like 10 years ago, right? Yet y'all are constantly on here playing that card. You don't lose when you commit 7 turnovers in a game, you don't lose when you are using your #3 QB, you don't lose when you have 100+ yards in penalties. You haven't lost to anyone in the GLIAC since the Obama administration. And yet y'all are still on here playing the "woe is us, we're not as good as these other teams" card lolol. GTFOH. It will be a total and complete failure if you crap the bed yet again in the national title game. Will cement the fact that your players and coaches can't get it done when it matters if you figure out a way to lose this one. You're facing a team that gave up 61 (!!!!) points to a worse offense than Ferris.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

You realize the "underdog" storyline ended for Ferris like 10 years ago, right? Yet y'all are constantly on here playing that card. You don't lose when you commit 7 turnovers in a game, you don't lose when you are using your #3 QB, you don't lose when you have 100+ yards in penalties. You haven't lost to anyone in the GLIAC since the Obama administration. And yet y'all are still on here playing the "woe is us, we're not as good as these other teams" card lolol. GTFOH. It will be a total and complete failure if you crap the bed yet again in the national title game. Will cement the fact that your players and coaches can't get it done when it matters if you figure out a way to lose this one. You're facing a team that gave up 61 (!!!!) points to a worse offense than Ferris.
                      I am tapping the sign

If Ferris and VSU make the title game there will be enough sandbags to build a military base

Comment

West Florida is like us. They like a full-court all out-spread the field. It backfired on us. Pass Pass Pass. It works most of the time if the opposing team can't match you blow for blow.

Comment

i don't think the game is a foregone conclusion, but the idea that ferris is the underdog is hilarious.

Comment

Going through the Ferris game notes, I noticed an error

We Meet Again he did square off against Tony Annese and the Bulldogs twice while serving as the head coach at Tiffin University, which was a member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) at the time.
                            Annese and Goff met three times in the GLIAC, the meeting they omitted was a 13-3 Ferris win in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

The GLIAC is a top heavy conference. There are 2 top teams and then the rest are fighting for middle of the pack. If Valdosta or West Florida for that fact switched places with Ferris they both would win the GLIAC annually. I doubt Ferris would go through the GSC undefeated. And don't blame us because you're offense wants to throw fades on 3rd and 1 in close games. A couple of our games should have been won by GV, but your coaches are very efficient at showing what crapping the bed really looks like. This isn't a "woe is us" type deal, but the lack of respect you are giving Valdosta is crazy. You act like this is Alabama vs UMass.

2018 if it weren't for a bad pass int call and one of their guys tipping a ball back to us for a touchdown, we'd have lost by at least 10, probably more. Again, not sure how that fits the definition of us crapping the bed in that game either.

They gave up 61 pts to West Florida..a passing team. Although we can pass I don't think anyone would confuse Jared B. with Austin Reed when they drop back in the pocket.

I know you're in your feelings at this time of the year, but this is an evenly matched game. We'll see how things play out.
                              Last edited by DawgUp; 12-14-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
                                i don't think the game is a foregone conclusion, but the idea that ferris is the underdog is hilarious.
                                Really? Because I remember as soon as WF got knocked out, most people on this board was saying Valdosta was the favorite and should be seeded #1 when the Re rankng for semi's came up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X