Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The only people that like the in-region component are those who benefit from the regionalized system.

It's a stupid data point for football.
    But does the in region thing really come into play?

Didn't there also used to be a border state provision where they counted as in region?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

NW and GV have a corresponding open date.
      Fans of the 2 teams have posted at least 50 times per fan base that their team will schedule anyone/ anytime.

Liars or not?

Comment

Originally posted by WashedupGLIACstud View Post

could be the game Saginaw needs to get into the playoffs!
        SV has had a lot of success against out of conference games.
        beat commerce, beat Bowie, beat Uindy…
        Mankato would bring a great challenge.
        I hope to see it!
        Sounds like this is dead in the water unfortunately. Looks like we are either taking the bye, or going to have to schedule Colorado Mesa or Central Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

But does the in region thing really come into play?

Didn't there also used to be a border state provision where they counted as in region?
          I think it's largely ignored. I'm just annoyed that it's in the criteria at all.

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Sounds like this is dead in the water unfortunately. Looks like we are either taking the bye, or going to have to schedule Colorado Mesa or Central Oklahoma
            Was it reported that it won't be worked out or did you get that via back channels?

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Normally I would be all about this, but I don't know if it would be in GV's best interest to have Mines, Pueblo, Assumption, AND NW AND Ferris on the same schedule. That would be brutal. Not only from a potential W/L standpoint, but from a health standpoint. As it stands right now, 5 of GV's 10 games are against playoff teams from last year, without NW. Haha. I would love to take on NW in a year where GV isn't already playing three other playoff teams in non-conference.
              Adding to the fact that with SVSU in week five it would be the 6 best teams (and all top 25 or top 25 caliber) on their schedule in the first 7 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

Adding to the fact that with SVSU in week five it would be the 6 best teams (and all top 25 or top 25 caliber) on their schedule in the first 7 weeks.
                Yeah, I was hoping for 11 games somehow, but looks like we're looking at 10 for GV. All D2, but sure wish we didn't have that open date.
                https://gvsulakers.com/news/2023/2/2...-schedule.aspx

Comment

Normally I would be all about this, but I don't know if it would be in GV's best interest to have Mines, Pueblo, Assumption, AND NW AND Ferris on the same schedule. That would be brutal. Not only from a potential W/L standpoint, but from a health standpoint. As it stands right now, 5 of GV's 10 games are against playoff teams from last year, without NW. Haha. I would love to take on NW in a year where GV isn't already playing three other playoff teams in non-conference.
                  Not long ago these teams were all terrible according to you, now it makes a brutal schedule and you're worried about health? Pick a lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Not long ago these teams were all terrible according to you, now it makes a brutal schedule and you're worried about health? Pick a lane.
                    It's a first-year head coach lol.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

It's a first-year head coach lol.
                      Kle....he did kinda call you out for all that "everybody else stinks but teams from the GLIAC and MIAA" talk you had going just after the chip.

I got a good laugh from Turbo here.

Given your thoughts on SR1, I was shocked when you made Assumption out to be a team of concern here.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Kle....he did kinda call you out for all that "everybody else stinks but teams from the GLIAC and MIAA" talk you had going just after the chip.

I got a good laugh from Turbo here.

Given your thoughts on SR1, I was shocked when you made Assumption out to be a team of concern here.
                        Scheduling one of the top 5 teams in the country when you are already going to have the #1 SOS in the nation by a mile is not a great idea, especially when you have two likely losses on your schedule already and your region is not likely going to allow a 3-loss team in.

Assumption is not a team of concern. But they're still a playoff team. On a national level, they're not a competitive team. But they're still going to be better than most and match up physically better than most D2 teams. GV has already challenged themselves extensively with their schedule this fall. I don't see a reason to include a top 5 team in the nation on top of the already toughest schedule in the country.

If GV were out here playing Lock Haven, Simon Fraser, and Lincoln, then sure. Bring me NW Missouri.
                        Last edited by KleShreen; 02-02-2023, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Scheduling one of the top 5 teams in the country when you are already going to have the #1 SOS in the nation by a mile is not a great idea, especially when you have two likely losses on your schedule already and your region is not likely going to allow a 3-loss team in.

Assumption is not a team of concern. But they're still a playoff team. On a national level, they're not a competitive team. But they're still going to be better than most and match up physically better than most D2 teams. GV has already challenged themselves extensively with their schedule this fall. I don't see a reason to include a top 5 team in the nation on top of the already toughest schedule in the country.

If GV were out here playing Lock Haven, Simon Fraser, and Lincoln, then sure. Bring me NW Missouri.
                          Love your optimism. Likely? Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Love your optimism. Likely? Whatever.
                            GV is facing the same teams they beat last year by 3 points and 1 point, with a new head coach, one of those games being his first game as a college head coach. I'll try and suspend all logic going forward for you.

Comment

GV is facing the same teams they beat last year by 3 points and 1 point, with a new head coach, one of those games being his first game as a college head coach. I'll try and suspend all logic going forward for you.
                              I love the personal attack on intelligence while you smash your face into a monitor playing NCAA football all day at 30 lol

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

I love the personal attack on intelligence while you smash your face into a monitor playing NCAA football all day at 30 lol
                                lol I wish I was 30. Is this supposed to be an insult of some kind? What does "smashing your face into a monitor" even mean lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X