X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by SVSUAlum View Post

No just shocked comparing the 2 resumes that Brady is still a Cardinal as I thought GVSU was suppose to be the top DII school in the country and they hired a guy with no HC experience and has been at Wayne State for the majority of his coaching career. Not even a coordinator, just surprising for such a prestigious university like GVSU.
    Northwest Missouri hired three coaches in a row without head coaching experience. They won three national championships and never missed the playoffs in that span.

I think it's more about the man than the title.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Lol yup we have had some real beauties that is for sure and we take the craziest transfers too. At least I admit it and don’t cry about the admission policy that is basically equal at all GLIAC schools. To think GVSU loses to Ferris because of academics standards and the kids Ferris has access to is different than the kids GVSU does is a little insane since the schools offer scholarships to the same kids coming out of high school. It all comes back to the original subject this Scott Wooster hire, remember that. With such great academic standards can Scott Wooster take the next step? Kle you should be ashamed of yourself, you joker.
    Again, you seem to be unable to understand how the schools themselves have different academic standards for who they will consider for admittance, regardless of the NCAA eligibility minimums lol. I don't know how else to explain it to you. I've done it multiple times now. There are recruits that Ferris and SVSU can admit which GV can not because of the *school's* standards and limits on special talent exceptions. I don't know if you're just not understanding this, or if you just plain don't believe it. Do you realize that Harvard and North Dakota State are both subject to the same NCAA eligibility requirements, but Harvard still does not accept the same academic profiles that NDSU can? Or is this just.....not a concept you understand? I'm being specifically hyperbolic with this example. I am not comparing GV to Harvard lol I'm simply asking if you understand this concept.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

That’s great. When I was a player and yes it was LONG ago everyone on the team helped contribute to any success we had as a team. Hell if he played in the playoffs and had stats he help contribute. Not bad for a 5’9” guy that weighed 165 pounds. I do like his coaching resume too. Coaching mentor has been Tony Annese over the last 10+ years and his 1st head coaching job was taking over an SVSU program under NCAA violations and had barely 40 players on the roster. Somehow went 5-6 in his 1st year then 7-4 and last year was 8-3 with wins over Bowie and Indianapolis. I just find it comical that GVSU speaks so badly over one of their former players and grads. Is it to much to wish the best for a former Laker? Postma is a Cardinal guy deep down but we wish him the best.
    I think he's obviously done a great job at SVSU.

When I first started this site, SVSU was a great team. It's good to see the program be a factor again.

Leave a comment:

• SVSUAlum
    replied
    Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

It’s actually an admissions requirement for all students at GV. You can’t get in unless you support and commit domestic violence
    See at least one guy admits it. Just kidding I get your GV sarcasm.

Leave a comment:

• SVSUAlum
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

That's fine, but that's not what we were discussing. You're just changing the subject because you lost the subject that was being discussed.

Just to be clear - what are your thoughts on the four SVSU players who were suspended a whole one game for sexually assaulting their own teammate? At least SVSU kicked off the player who was charged with attempted murder, I guess. So that's nice.
    Lol yup we have had some real beauties that is for sure and we take the craziest transfers too. At least I admit it and don’t cry about the admission policy that is basically equal at all GLIAC schools. To think GVSU loses to Ferris because of academics standards and the kids Ferris has access to is different than the kids GVSU does is a little insane since the schools offer scholarships to the same kids coming out of high school. It all comes back to the original subject this Scott Wooster hire, remember that. With such great academic standards can Scott Wooster take the next step? Kle you should be ashamed of yourself, you joker.

Leave a comment:

• yote_7
    replied

Oh and last thing I won’t ever be ashamed of calling out a woman beater. You hit a woman you don’t get a second chance in my book. You can have him.
    It’s actually an admissions requirement for all students at GV. You can’t get in unless you support and commit domestic violence

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Oh and last thing I won’t ever be ashamed of calling out a woman beater. You hit a woman you don’t get a second chance in my book. You can have him.
    That's fine, but that's not what we were discussing. You're just changing the subject because you lost the subject that was being discussed.

Just to be clear - what are your thoughts on the four SVSU players who were suspended a whole one game for sexually assaulting their own teammate? At least SVSU kicked off the player who was charged with attempted murder, I guess. So that's nice.
    Last edited by KleShreen; 01-22-2023, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SVSUAlum
    replied

You're ignoring the entire discussion that was being had to instead go off the rails on something entirely unrelated and attack a kid who ended up having zero issues at GVSU. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Leave a comment:

• yote_7
    replied

Here ya go, one of the fine citizens and high standard of GVSU. Why you guys get on Ferris so much about their transfers is crazy.

https://www.woodtv.com/ncaa/ncaa-foo...ging-path/amp/
    The article doesn’t say he failed out of msu

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

100% agree and think if you have a shot at the NFL do it but my point was I don’t think he transferred to GVSU for their high academic standards.
    Who is making this claim?

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

All these special exception kids you claim other schools accept don’t have articles like that written in the paper. Maybe one other I can think of but you calling out other programs and all the kids on their team is no different. By the way did he graduate from GVSU or just use the school to play football? No need to answer I know he dropped out as soon as the season was over to pursue the NFL.
    I've literally said 4 times now that every school accepts special exception kids. But you bringing Rison up doesn't even appear to be about academic special exceptions. You're just trying to bring up any reason to attack a kid for some reason.

So are we done discussing academics, then? Since Rison has nothing to do with them?

If you want to get in to the issue of football players from different schools being in the news, we can. I don't think you're going to like the results, though. Who do you want me to go after? SVSU or Ferris? There's quite a few shining examples from both of them. I'll play this game. Hell, we can even go after the administrators of your kid's school if you want.

Leave a comment:

• SVSUAlum
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Most guys who have a legit shot at the draft have to do that. Not sure why you are acting like it's a crime?
    100% agree and think if you have a shot at the NFL do it but my point was I don’t think he transferred to GVSU for their high academic standards.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    If he beat a woman, that's a deal breaker, though.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

All these special exception kids you claim other schools accept don’t have articles like that written in the paper. Maybe one other I can think of but you calling out other programs and all the kids on their team is no different. By the way did he graduate from GVSU or just use the school to play football? No need to answer I know he dropped out as soon as the season was over to pursue the NFL.
    Most guys who have a legit shot at the draft have to do that. Not sure why you are acting like it's a crime?

Leave a comment:

• SVSUAlum
    replied

You're ignoring the entire discussion that was being had to instead go off the rails on something entirely unrelated and attack a kid who ended up having zero issues at GVSU. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X