Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
    LU should be able to schedule up to 3 OOC games next year.

Word on the street is we might see an FCS team or 2.

**EDIT*** Check that... up to 4 since Lincoln will now be playing an MIAA schedule.
    So, they can also play an FCS team to help underwrite their budget as well -- Looks like a no-brainer to me to go to the GLVC.

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveItWhenYouCallMeLittlePoppa View Post
      ding...ding....ding...we have our winner
      You guys have an interesting conversation going.

I will add this one additional thing - the only context I've ever had a father talk to me about recruiting and a D2 conference is this - "They (the school his son is considering) play in a conference that has schools in XXXX, YYYY and ZZZZ, so Betty and I will be able to travel to some of the away games to see Junior play" They actually use the generic "a conference" instead of using the conferences name. I've heard the kid version of that quote too.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
        You guys have an interesting conversation going.

I will add this one additional thing - the only context I've ever had a father talk to me about recruiting and a D2 conference is this - "They (the school his son is considering) play in a conference that has schools in XXXX, YYYY and ZZZZ, so Betty and I will be able to travel to some of the away games to see Junior play" They actually use the generic "a conference" instead of using the conferences name. I've heard the kid version of that quote too.
        Check mark for #Loyal2theLou :smile-big:
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Good luck to Elwood. I think they'll compete for the top spot or close to it in that conference right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            Oooh. Good question.
            My question was a legit one. Not a let's grab Stugart if Beck stumbles to 7-5. I think the conference a team plays in might mean more to the coaching staff than to the players. 18-22 year olds of this and the previous couple of generations are not exactly known for their world views...

But to a coach and a staff looking at upward trajectory taking a perennial loser (sorry big sig but lwood has been in the miaa) and within 1 recruiting cycle bringing them to middle of the pack respectability speaks volumes. I would think it would speak more than winning the GLVC 3 years in a row. "Congrats you're the tallest little person/midget" "Congrats you can beat up 5th graders!"

Now if they win the GLVC and make noise in the playoffs obviously the above doesn't matter. Big IF though. No different than if the GAC puts 2 in this year and gets drilled in the playoffs last year will be looked at as the exception not the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
              The problem is, the NCAA doesn't care. As far as playoffs go, 7-2 in the GLVC is as good as 7-2 in the MIAA ... which is farcical, and allows poor programs like SBU to make the playoffs in an inferior league ...
              It's the MIAA's fault for refusing to schedule non-conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                My question was a legit one. Not a let's grab Stugart if Beck stumbles to 7-5. I think the conference a team plays in might mean more to the coaching staff than to the players. 18-22 year olds of this and the previous couple of generations are not exactly known for their world views...

But to a coach and a staff looking at upward trajectory taking a perennial loser (sorry big sig but lwood has been in the miaa) and within 1 recruiting cycle bringing them to middle of the pack respectability speaks volumes. I would think it would speak more than winning the GLVC 3 years in a row. "Congrats you're the tallest little person/midget" "Congrats you can beat up 5th graders!"

Now if they win the GLVC and make noise in the playoffs obviously the above doesn't matter. Big IF though. No different than if the GAC puts 2 in this year and gets drilled in the playoffs last year will be looked at as the exception not the rule.
                I think the last part is a real possibility. LU has their QB in place for the next 3 years and he's going to be a really good one. He's already one of the better ones in the MIAA. Will be interesting to see what he can do in the GLVC.
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

I know how you meant it. That's why I said it was a good question, but sig's gif was still funny.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X