Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamie T, missed the block on Seiller. To this day Kyle stills gives Jamie crap about that.

Comment

That was just a legit hit on Z. Seiler was a monster and that hit was just a clean drive through the QB. But yeah, a total cheap shot on Bevins after he owned that kid all day.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
        Based on what. Mop up duty. Anybody can hand the damn ball off. Wright is more elusive with his feet, but BW throwing ability has been left in the locker room since August. He is consistently overthrowing, not leaving enough air under the ball. Relies too much on trying to show off arm strength. Sometimes you need finesse instead of rocket. Maybe that will come in his Senior year. Hell Bolles 1.0 and 2.0 locked on one receiver, hardly checked down and would show off arm strength too.
        Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

I actually thought he threw some really nice balls yesterday. Bearcat dude pointed one out. He threw a really nice 15 ya slant. He made a nice back shoulder throw to Rankin. He also threw a ball away along the sideline instead of making a bad choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post
            I actually thought he threw some really nice balls yesterday. Bearcat dude pointed one out. He threw a really nice 15 ya slant. He made a nice back shoulder throw to Rankin. He also threw a ball away along the sideline instead of making a bad choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post

I could care less and I get your point. Just pointing out the obvious - you stop the NW run game, they cannot beat you thru the air.
              This is about as obvious as it gets. Or you rely on the defense to completely bail you out, a la Harding.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bad Katter View Post
                I have not been to a game in a couple of years but I still listen to every game. #1 NW has a young QB that is maturing every week and year. #2 passing is a 2 way street a receiving corps can make a QB look awlfull or great, do they run good disiplined routes, there is more to it than catching the ball. To the average guy it might look like a bad pass but is really a bad route. I think we are getting a little spoiled expecting a NC every year look at the Bearcats record its pretty good. Relax and enjoy its been a good season and could be a great season.
                Maturing, maybe. Getting better as a passer, no.

Expect the best every year. That's what they've built and what they themselves expect. Why should we be any different?

Comment

We'll have to be balanced. But ultimately, the entire game comes down to the front 7 and containing the run.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

Maturing, maybe. Getting better as a passer, no.

Expect the best every year. That's what they've built and what they themselves expect. Why should we be any different?

Comment

There was one other play where BW was int he pocket and threw a perfect spiral pass to No. 13. Hit him in stride. That was probably the best pass that I have seen out of BW in quite sometime.

Comment

I was reading the recap of the Ferris-Central game and noticed that a former DB of ours, Najeem Hosein, plays for Ferris. In fact, he lead the team in tackles. I'm interested to hear from Ferris fans how he and the rest of their secondary are playing. I have a feeling BW is going to have to hit a deep ball or two in this one for us to win.

Comment

I watched most of the second half of the Central vs. Ferris Game. The bottom line is it's going to be tough for Northwest in this one. Ferris is very big and athletic upfront and has at least two backs that run hard downhill. The QB is athletic enough to keep it on the read or just run designed. Almost all of their plays are bludgeoning you at the point of attack type running plays. Pulling guys and leading with guys. The OL is just really good. Well coached, big guys. Northwest is pretty solid in the front 7, but they will have to have their best day against Ferris. It's going to take a lot of being extremely physical at the point of attack, reading the pullers well and getting off blocks. The defense will have to be phenomenal at using their hands and making sure tackles. Get them behind the chains a little if we can. I am not sure how good their passing game is because they basically ran over UCM at the end.

Offensively, we will have to as sharp as we have been all season. It will have to be a nice mix of plays. Ferris's D is extremely disciplined, but you can move the ball on them. UCM was in their redzone at least 2 times where they go no points, maybe 3. You have to score and score early. If Ferris gets up 14, it may be over at that point. They would love nothing more than to get into a game where it's just time to wear you out. I don't know that they want to be in a shoot out though.

Comment

Secondary is playing decent this year. I think they learned from the Valdosta game and are playing a little more zone and it's helped a lot. Not as many PI calls this year and less deep ball TDs. They're really good at attacking the ball once it's in the air and undercutting receivers to get in the throwing lanes. Pass rush isn't anything spectacular, but they're built to control the LOS as oppose to having speed rushers who can get to the quarterback. They've been a little more bend-but-don't-break giving up yards in between the 20's but then locking down.

If NW can stay in 3rd and manageable and do enough passing to keep the Dawgs off balance, then they can stop our Oline from wearing your D down in the 2nd half. Our O Line actually has a rotation this year so they're playing 8-9 dudes a game. And when I say rotation, I mean they're rotating a fresh 3-4 guys in the middle of a drive.

Comment

He's in the NFL and that wasn't a cheap shot

Comment

Looks to me like you all are getting the OL and DL for Ferris mixed up. The shot on Bevins was dirty. The hit on Zimmerman was nearly fatal. But clean.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X