Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Don't think either team get's to 40. And probably not 30. Both teams like to run the ball so the game should be shortened. Whoever controls the line of scrimmage on both sides and gets off the field on 3rd down will win the game, as it should be.
    The Harding game was only like 2 hours long. Fastest darn game I ever watched.

Comment

Last edited by NWFanatic; 12-02-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

If anyone scores 28, they win this one, imo. Gonna be big boy football.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

Maturing, maybe. Getting better as a passer, no.

Expect the best every year. That's what they've built and what they themselves expect. Why should we be any different?
          I remember Trevor Adams between his Soph to Senior years people were really on him and his Senior year he got the job done and was all everthing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bad Katter View Post

I remember Trevor Adams between his Soph to Senior years people were really on him and his Senior year he got the job done and was all everthing.
            TA had his problems early on, but part of what helped was that the coaches finally realized that he was better as a drop-back, deep passer than hitting the short to medium slant routes - it also helped that they had BB2 to use as a running/change of pace QB by then.

Comment

My point is players do improve and mature in the years to get the job done,

Comment

My point is players do improve and mature in the years to get the job done,

Comment

I am a big fan of Wright. I was extremely excited when he signed with Northwest because he's a good athlete that could throw a bit. I get the criticism of him. His biggest flaw right now is his accuracy/consistency. Throwing for 52.6% is not good. If you look at his stats though, that's really the only major issue. He's accounted for just over 3200 yards (rushing and receiving) and 36 total touchdowns and only 7 INTs. That's as an RS-Sophomore. Most kids don't even step on the field for regular action until they are a RS-Junior. All of the great QBs in Northwest history have had their issues. The difference is that those issues were concealed in practice because they weren't forced to play right away. Wright has had to, based on circumstances, grow as a player on the fly. Training by fire. It's honestly a pretty unique situation.

Again, the consistency thing is a big issue. It can cause drives to fail and opportunities to be lost. I hope the more experience he gets, the better that comes around. I hope that because I am a fan of him and the Bearcats. I will tell you from a pure football perspective, he's capable of making fantastic plays and extending plays because of his athleticism. The hope is that becomes more regular. Again, it's all about consistency.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

It gets fixed with time, reps, feel.

If it gets fixed. i have seen it go both ways. His raw ability is top notch though.

Comment

All everything including getting benched during that Senior season due to performance. They are similar in that it's not the ceiling one is concerned about. It's the floor. It took until after the beginning of TA's SR season for that floor to be raised. The improvement was unprecedented and the resulting efficiency was simply stupid.
                        Last edited by Taxman; 12-03-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

All everything including getting benched during that Senior season due to performance. They are similar in that it's not the ceiling one is concerned about. It's the floor. It took until after the beginning of TA's SR season for that floor to be raised. The improvement was unprecedented and the resulting efficiency was simply stupid.
                          BW has a much higher ceiling than Trevor Adams did, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

BW has a much higher ceiling than Trevor Adams did, IMO.
                            Much more versatile, for sure.

I think it'll click for him at some point.

Maybe ban him from watching Mahomes or Rodgers play?

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post

I am a big fan of Wright. I was extremely excited when he signed with Northwest because he's a good athlete that could throw a bit. I get the criticism of him. His biggest flaw right now is his accuracy/consistency. Throwing for 52.6% is not good. If you look at his stats though, that's really the only major issue. He's accounted for just over 3200 yards (rushing and receiving) and 36 total touchdowns and only 7 INTs. That's as an RS-Sophomore. Most kids don't even step on the field for regular action until they are a RS-Junior. All of the great QBs in Northwest history have had their issues. The difference is that those issues were concealed in practice because they weren't forced to play right away. Wright has had to, based on circumstances, grow as a player on the fly. Training by fire. It's honestly a pretty unique situation.

Again, the consistency thing is a big issue. It can cause drives to fail and opportunities to be lost. I hope the more experience he gets, the better that comes around. I hope that because I am a fan of him and the Bearcats. I will tell you from a pure football perspective, he's capable of making fantastic plays and extending plays because of his athleticism. The hope is that becomes more regular. Again, it's all about consistency.
                              I'm not a big fan, but I don't disagree with what you've said... I am a fan because he's the QB of my team, but I see his limitations and how it affects this offense on the days he doesn't show up. I am hopeful that one day I'm going to be extremely happy that they stuck it out through the growing pains. I want to see the improvement in the consistency part of his game in the next two years, because unless something catastrophic happens, he's had enough success that I wouldn't think he would lose the job no matter what we have in our reserves. We have loyal coaches to each other and our players, which is why, unless they choose to, our coordinators aren't going anywhere either. We know he can run and make plays... if he gets through the line untouched, he doesn't get caught very often. Like you said, he can extend plays and make plays that aren't there as well. He also has arm talent... the kid can zip it around, but like it's been discussed at nauseam, his balance and feet when he throws is horrible. I know sometimes you need to throw on the run and those things, but he has very few throws where he really looks like he's in good position when he releases it. Some of that can be coached and I'd like to think they see it too. I think a lot of his accuracy problems could be fixed and maybe if the game continues to slow down for him, he'll have time in his mind to get his feet underneath him and have better balance when he lets it go.

He just has some dog games where it hand cuffs that side of the ball... the boards fill up with calls for the coordinators' heads, but what the heck kind of offensive rhythm can you get in when you QB goes 6-20 against Emporia or 9-22 against UNK... it's tough. I'm not trying to defend the coordinators either... we all know that could be better at times too. Maybe it is just growing pains, but he's now through 2 complete regular seasons and into his 4th playoff game. Hopefully the dogs are in the pen for good. Good BW would go a long way towards NW having a shot at winning this weekend. If they pull it off, then who knows where it could end. :)

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X