Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs!! What Playoffs

Without doing the super secret formulas for Coke, Bush's baked beans and D2 football playoffs here is who I see currently in the playoff picture. done by conference.

GLIAC - Ferris State, Grand Valley ( they play each other this week in the D2 game of the week. Ferris then gets Michigan Tech who has 2 losses and could play spoiler. Same with Grand Valley the week following.
    GAC - Henderson State, Harding, Ouachita Baptist ( Hendo still plays both Harding owns a W over Ouachita)
    GLVC - Lindenwood, and Indianapolis. They play each other this week as well. Quincy is 3-3 overall Truman 5-1 overall with a nice win over Tiffin but a L already to LWood. They play Indy in the last game.
    MIAA - NW, UNK, Pitt, Washburn NW is in even with a L to UNK on 10/30. If UNK loses to NW they are still in since they beat both PItt and Washburn. If UNK loses 2 more games it could get dicey and let in a one loss GLVC trash team in. Pitt and Washburn both have to run the table and the winner of their game on 11/6 can at least have a seat at the committees table. Washburn's schedule sets up really well IF they can get a huge W this week vs NW. Otherwise they are probably out of the running and can only play spoiler to Pitt on 11/6, assuming PItt takes care of business up to that point.

My guess:
    1. NW
    2. Ferris
    3 Henderson
    4. Indy
    5. Grand Valley (sorry Indy)
    6. Harding
    7 UNK

First out Lwood I think Indy wins this week, sorry big sig
    Second out PItt Assuming no more losses
    Third Out Ouachita. Assuming a loss to Henderson but no one else.

Not bowl bound:
    Lincoln
    UCM

I just have this bad feeling the MIAA will have an 11-0 Northwest and a bunch of really solid 8-3 teams tying for second. And thus the league will get 1 playoff team while 10-1, 9-2 GLVC/GAC teams qualify and then get slaughtered by FSU, GVSU and Northwest. Having a deep conference is bad ... you want 3-5 good teams and then a bunch of tin cans.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
      Without doing the super secret formulas for Coke, Bush's baked beans and D2 football playoffs here is who I see currently in the playoff picture. done by conference.

GLIAC - Ferris State, Grand Valley ( they play each other this week in the D2 game of the week. Ferris then gets Michigan Tech who has 2 losses and could play spoiler. Same with Grand Valley the week following.
      GAC - Henderson State, Harding, Ouachita Baptist ( Hendo still plays both Harding owns a W over Ouachita)
      GLVC - Lindenwood, and Indianapolis. They play each other this week as well. Quincy is 3-3 overall Truman 5-1 overall with a nice win over Tiffin but a L already to LWood. They play Indy in the last game.
      MIAA - NW, UNK, Pitt, Washburn NW is in even with a L to UNK on 10/30. If UNK loses to NW they are still in since they beat both PItt and Washburn. If UNK loses 2 more games it could get dicey and let in a one loss GLVC trash team in. Pitt and Washburn both have to run the table and the winner of their game on 11/6 can at least have a seat at the committees table. Washburn's schedule sets up really well IF they can get a huge W this week vs NW. Otherwise they are probably out of the running and can only play spoiler to Pitt on 11/6, assuming PItt takes care of business up to that point.

My guess:
      1. NW
      2. Ferris
      3 Henderson
      4. Indy
      5. Grand Valley (sorry Indy)
      6. Harding
      7 UNK

First out Lwood I think Indy wins this week, sorry big sig
      Second out PItt Assuming no more losses
      Third Out Ouachita. Assuming a loss to Henderson but no one else.

Not bowl bound:
      Lincoln
      UCM

I wish I could say I disagree. Lindenwood tried their hardest to give the game away to Quincy, but they kept giving it back.... literally. I'm hoping that performance was a result of it being wedged in between Truman and UIndy. Either way, UIndy has hit another gear and is playing really well. Not very hopeful for my Lions.

If UIndy beats LU, then turns around and gets beat by Truman, I'm not sure how anyone gets in from the GLVC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post

I wish I could say I disagree. Lindenwood tried their hardest to give the game away to Quincy, but they kept giving it back.... literally. I'm hoping that performance was a result of it being wedged in between Truman and UIndy. Either way, UIndy has hit another gear and is playing really well. Not very hopeful for my Lions.

If UIndy beats LU, then turns around and gets beat by Truman, I'm not sure how anyone gets in from the GLVC.
        I thought that each conference champ got in via Earned Access or something along those lines. I think EA is actually if a team couldn't play enough games, like the teams out in Cali, but pretty sure there is something in there for each conference champ? I think if your scenario happens how do you pick one of them as the "champ" other than SOS and does a 1 loss GLVC team get in over a 2 loss MIAA or GAC team?

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

I thought that each conference champ got in via Earned Access or something along those lines. I think EA is actually if a team couldn't play enough games, like the teams out in Cali, but pretty sure there is something in there for each conference champ? I think if your scenario happens how do you pick one of them as the "champ" other than SOS and does a 1 loss GLVC team get in over a 2 loss MIAA or GAC team?
          The conference champion isn't part of the criteria. It's the highest ranked team in a conference. As it applies to the MIAA, it would likely work out as the conference champion being that team.

Comment

No Emporia... sad day. Although the MIAA as a whole shouldn't give a rip about the playoffs. Since no one can every dethrone NW. Until we do that, we are all playing for the scraps. Barring the team that lucks out every other 3-4 years in the conference. I think that is just reality. It sucks and is unfortunate, but the ticket to the ship is through NW nearly EVERY year for the rest of us in the MIAA.

Comment

[QUOTE=Wallst

Not bowl bound:
              Lincoln
              UCM
              [/QUOTE]

Wrong, wise ass (no relation). UCM vs UCO (Mules vs Horses) - The Equine Bowl / The Road Apple Rumble.(Nov. 13th in Warrensburg)
              Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 10-13-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                No Emporia... sad day. Although the MIAA as a whole shouldn't give a rip about the playoffs. Since no one can every dethrone NW. Until we do that, we are all playing for the scraps. Barring the team that lucks out every other 3-4 years in the conference. I think that is just reality. It sucks and is unfortunate, but the ticket to the ship is through NW nearly EVERY year for the rest of us in the MIAA.
                Might as well go through NW, otherwise you're gonna get railed in the playoffs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post
                  Truman would almost certainly be in if they go 10-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Truman would almost certainly be in if they go 10-1.
                    You're right. I didn't think that one through, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Might as well go through NW, otherwise you're gonna get railed in the playoffs anyway.
                      Why would you say that? I think remove NW and a few of the top tier teams would easily dust teams in the playoffs. No team in particular, just whatever team rises to the top behind NW. It's like Truman going to another conference. They were Lincoln before Lincoln. Now look at them(spoiler alert - idk how they are this year haha)

Comment

Why would you say that? I think remove NW and a few of the top tier teams would easily dust teams in the playoffs. No team in particular, just whatever team rises to the top behind NW. It's like Truman going to another conference. They were Lincoln before Lincoln. Now look at them(spoiler alert - idk how they are this year haha)
                        I think that was true in previous years and regional arrangements. However, now with the GLIAC and GAC, I think any team that makes the POs in this region better be prepared to bring it. I think I saw the other day that our region would have 4 of the top 8 teams in the country right now.

Comment

some of the dregs that don't belong there sure but the league isn't what it used to be
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

Last edited by boyblue; 10-14-2021, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X