Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Aaron wasn't. I always look for non-NW people just so I can avoid this sort of thing. I actually hit up a Pitt guy first but it didn't work out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

This may be true but, there is no denying that Aaron was a diehard NW fan that let it show in his blogs.
      Are you being serious?

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

Not true. He shied away from writing anything big about NW until late in the season after they had beaten everyone. He was all in on Pitt his first year. Not a bad thing at all, but he was far from a NW homer.
        This is accurate. I used to give him crap about it all the time. He was on the ESU and Fort Hays bandwagons before they were winning. I gave him a hard time when I talked to him recently and told him he was simply way ahead of the rest of us.

Comment

I know you don't. You're one of the guys who has been around long enough not to take anything for granted. What we have now is incredibly more than we used to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Aaron wasn't. I always look for non-NW people just so I can avoid this sort of thing. I actually hit up a Pitt guy first but it didn't work out for him.
            So be honest were there no non NW applicants?

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

So be honest were there no non NW applicants?
              I reached out to a Pitt State guy who had inquired about writing before I even posted for needing one. I think he was interested but his wife was going to have a baby and he was worried about his time.

I loved Aaron because he wasn't even from a league school.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post

This is accurate. I used to give him crap about it all the time. He was on the ESU and Fort Hays bandwagons before they were winning. I gave him a hard time when I talked to him recently and told him he was simply way ahead of the rest of us.
                When was this? Aaron rarely ever rooted for ESU. Even when we were doing well. There were like 1-2 times, 3 max that he rooted for us.

Comment

When was this? Aaron rarely ever rooted for ESU. Even when we were doing well. There were like 1-2 times, 3 max that he rooted for us.
                  IIRCC - Aaron was all in for the Hornets in 2013 then jumped off the bandwagon after the injury plagued 2014 season.

Comment

It's perspective bias. No matter what someone says, we'll latch onto the 1 or 2 not so positive things they've said and amplify them. It's the reason that everyone in the country thinks "Joe buck hates their team".
                    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

It's perspective bias. No matter what someone says, we'll latch onto the 1 or 2 not so positive things they've said and amplify them. It's the reason that everyone in the country thinks "Joe buck hates their team".
                      "No - that's because Joe Buck sucks." - Jim Brockmire.
                      Last edited by Hornetfan; 09-01-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Rooting for a team and picking them to win or lose are two completely different things. He always liked the underdog.

Comment

Yes. People always complain about "never giving my team enough respect" They never say, "Hold on there, you're giving us way too much respect."

Comment

1 or 2 or 10,000 negative things he said about ESU lol.

Comment

1 or 2 or 10,000 negative things he said about ESU lol.
                              https://www.d2football.com/forum/blo...on-heintzelman

Find an example. I'd honestly love to see it.

Comment

I didn't necessarily care for Aaron but I will say I thought he was better than Ian.

That being said, I imagine it is a tough job. So I suppose if you didn't volunteer yourself, probably should quit complaining. . .
                                Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X