Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember right - there is a buyout fee for a school to leave the MIAA. A couple of years ago the NSU AD was wanting to leave the MIAA but was unable to raise the funds required. Perhaps Lincoln is the same. Maybe if the conference had a one year - get out if you want- it would allow those schools to do just that.

Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
      the bottom feeders were the bottom feeders with ooc scheduling. silo isn't what's holding them back.

i do think though where you have a point is the obvious morale boost from winning some games for those schools that would otherwise struggle to in league & i think it's a worthy point. nobody wants it but ppl in power & perhaps those that carry water for them.
      promise you, it does factor in with recruits. noone in the state WANTS to have to go to NSU...GAC teams are beating NSU out for players. seen it first hand. TWICE.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
        If I remember right - there is a buyout fee for a school to leave the MIAA. A couple of years ago the NSU AD was wanting to leave the MIAA but was unable to raise the funds required. Perhaps Lincoln is the same. Maybe if the conference had a one year - get out if you want- it would allow those schools to do just that.
        The MIAA should be paying Lincoln to leave, not the other way around lmao
        Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by BartonHornet View Post
          I do think having OOC games helps all the conference teams for differing reasons. I do agree it gives the bottom end of the conference an opportunity to schedule games against easier opponents if they so wish.

We have seen already this year how much just winning ballgames has risen the confidence of Southern. Once you start winning, you generally have the opportunity to start sticking close in all ballgames.

On the flipside, having the ability to play OOC games allows the upper echelon of the conference to play tougher nonconference games to raise their strength of schedule for playoff considerations.
          Agreed. Just look at that **** excuse of a team, UCO. They won a few and thought they had a legitimate shot.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
            When you when you get more 💰. But how can you win and build if you are getting crushed by a schedule that is designed to keep your down. How many teams have to leave the Miaa before it's realized that if you don't let the bottom teams eat a little they wont survive or ever get better. Silo is a program killer in this conf. Go look at standings of other conference that don't have silo. The bottom end teams are looking at 2-3 wins. But silo schedule almost always have winless teams on the bottom .
            Spoken like a loser….

Comment

Here's a novel approach.
              NW and UCM leave to join the glvc, guaranteeing both schools a playoff spot each year and turning that into a legit conference instead of one who games the system.

if it works, we take 6 teams and put them, 2 at a time, into conferences in the NE, taking al their playoff spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Here's a novel approach.
                NW and UCM leave to join the glvc, guaranteeing both schools a playoff spot each year and turning that into a legit conference instead of one who games the system.

if it works, we take 6 teams and put them, 2 at a time, into conferences in the NE, taking al their playoff spots.
                Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

promise you, it does factor in with recruits. noone in the state WANTS to have to go to NSU...GAC teams are beating NSU out for players. seen it first hand. TWICE.
                  b/c they aren't very good, which is the result of some combination of coaching/commitment.

not b/c they couldn't sched panhandle st ooc.

just b/c you find an anecdotal ex or 2 doesn't mean it's actually a thing.
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

b/c they aren't very good, which is the result of some combination of coaching/commitment.

not b/c they couldn't sched panhandle st ooc.

just b/c you find an anecdotal ex or 2 doesn't mean it's actually a thing.
                    It's believable based on the lack of talent at NSU dating back to their LSC days.

Comment

I said same thing the first year they went to a silo schedule.

Comment

NSU wouldn’t schedule any decent teams.
                        Players wouldn’t come to NSU because they go 2-9 and beat backyard university and Oklahoma school of the blind.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                          NSU wouldn’t schedule any decent teams.
                          Players wouldn’t come to NSU because they go 2-9 and beat backyard university and Oklahoma school of the blind.
                          correct the notion is asinine.
                          but getting the opp to win some games would be good for them & lincoln if they can sched them.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

correct the notion is asinine.
                            but getting the opp to win some games would be good for them & lincoln if they can sched them.
                            Glad you said it hahaha. I wrote it and deleted it.

Yeah, winning is always a plus, but it won’t change the root of the issue at either of those universities.

Comment

There is literally no D2 team Lincoln could schedule and expect to win.

The loss of a historical money game is the whole reason Lincoln has pushed to end the silo stuff. They aren't even pretending to want wins.

Comment

Nsu will either look for a money game or a garunted win at start of season. If we win a ooc game does it not help the conf PO chances ? If Lincoln plays a money game does it not help them finance their athletics. Why is is Lincoln even back in Miaa ? Because Truman, sw Baptist, and MSST all went to greener pastures where they can actually win and support their athletic mission . But go ahead dismiss it and watch nwmo miss the playoffs to Truman .

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X