Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Regular" Fully funded, or "Private jets and new warm ups for every game" fully funded.

Comment

Just not in their teaching department.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
        Just not in their teaching department.
        None of the Miaa schools are.

Comment

Ahh the fully funded question. Let's look at this another way. How is nwmsu budget so big ? What are your sources of revenue?

Comment

Not sure if this is much of a factor but seems like I heard once that NWMSU was/is the #1 brand in D2 licensed sales of clothes, hats, flags, decals etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
              Just for football? Or fully fund all athletics sponsored? I can’t see them adding a fully funded scholarship rule that would be a de facto expulsion, if they don’t have the stomach to actually expel them.

Do we think all of the schools are fully funded, even Fort hays and Moso NSU?
              Little insulted by being included with Lincoln…. Hays has oil and telecommunications money from some of the wealthy families in the area that float the boat there.

Comment

Is there a quick place to see how many scholarships a school currently funds for any given sport?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  Not sure if this is much of a factor but seems like I heard once that NWMSU was/is the #1 brand in D2 licensed sales of clothes, hats, flags, decals etc.
                  I always heard that the Equipment Guy spent money first then got permission afterwards! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    Rally House in KC has a lot of D1 merchandise for MU, KU, KSU. After that, I would say that NWMSU probably has the next most stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

I always heard that the Equipment Guy spent money first then got permission afterwards! ;-)
                      Forgiveness is easier to get than permission.

Comment

When you when you get more 💰. But how can you win and build if you are getting crushed by a schedule that is designed to keep your down. How many teams have to leave the Miaa before it's realized that if you don't let the bottom teams eat a little they wont survive or ever get better. Silo is a program killer in this conf. Go look at standings of other conference that don't have silo. The bottom end teams are looking at 2-3 wins. But silo schedule almost always have winless teams on the bottom .

Comment

the bottom feeders were the bottom feeders with ooc scheduling. silo isn't what's holding them back.

i do think though where you have a point is the obvious morale boost from winning some games for those schools that would otherwise struggle to in league & i think it's a worthy point. nobody wants it but ppl in power & perhaps those that carry water for them.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I do think having OOC games helps all the conference teams for differing reasons. I do agree it gives the bottom end of the conference an opportunity to schedule games against easier opponents if they so wish.

We have seen already this year how much just winning ballgames has risen the confidence of Southern. Once you start winning, you generally have the opportunity to start sticking close in all ballgames.

On the flipside, having the ability to play OOC games allows the upper echelon of the conference to play tougher nonconference games to raise their strength of schedule for playoff considerations.

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                              When you when you get more 💰. But how can you win and build if you are getting crushed by a schedule that is designed to keep your down. How many teams have to leave the Miaa before it's realized that if you don't let the bottom teams eat a little they wont survive or ever get better. Silo is a program killer in this conf. Go look at standings of other conference that don't have silo. The bottom end teams are looking at 2-3 wins. But silo schedule almost always have winless teams on the bottom .
                              Spoken like a program that has won like 2 games in 5 years.
                              Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Permission was never a consideration.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X