X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

bah....theyre still scared. pffft oklahoma state champs..
    Why would you want to replace Lincoln with a team of similar caliber?

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

It is probably contractually obligated through the conference, lol.
    bah....theyre still scared. pffft oklahoma state champs..

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
    im going to take the coaching staffs attitude.....we'll take any and all comers. bring it. dont sing it.

and if you are an ECU fan, you don't have a single hair on your *ss if you don't go to your admins and tell them to cancel whatever paddy cake team you're playing that day and drive to EDMOND to get these hands.
    It is probably contractually obligated through the conference, lol.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    im going to take the coaching staffs attitude.....we'll take any and all comers. bring it. dont sing it.

and if you are an ECU fan, you don't have a single hair on your *ss if you don't go to your admins and tell them to cancel whatever paddy cake team you're playing that day and drive to EDMOND to get these hands.
    Last edited by jimbo slice; 02-02-2023, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wallst
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Probably not, but Sept 29, 2001 they went to New Haven and won 14-13. Coach Runkle convinced the administration that if they added in educational stops on the way to make the trip.
    Look kids Stonehenge

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Try II View Post

Guessing UCO wouldn't give up a home date (one of five) so maybe the Mavs want to partake in a 24-hour round trip bus ride in mid-October?
    Probably not, but Sept 29, 2001 they went to New Haven and won 14-13. Coach Runkle convinced the administration that if they added in educational stops on the way to make the trip.

Leave a comment:

• Try II
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

MSU-Mankato has a bye in week 7.............................
    Guessing UCO wouldn't give up a home date (one of five) so maybe the Mavs want to partake in a 24-hour round trip bus ride in mid-October?

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

Shhhh. We don't talk about D1 football in the 90s.
    I only knew about it because I was on the golf course one day, and fell in with one of the moso coaches who played at Tulsa back then. He was still pissed about it.

Leave a comment:

• UCObluejay
    replied
    I think that OU or OSU couldn't care less about UCO/ Oklahoma City U or any other program being at a certain level.

RUSO on the other hand.

Leave a comment:

• UCObluejay
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

In Oklahoma, you are either OU, or you don't exist.

Heck, Tulsa was good enough to beat OU and OSU for a couple of years there, but nobody knew it.
    Shhhh. We don't talk about D1 football in the 90s.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Just a guess, but probably some powerful people in Norman and Stillwater who wouldn't be thrilled about another state school adding D1 football (granted at the FCS level, but still). I also wonder if it's a group of desperate fans watching other D2 schools in Texas (namely Tarleton State and TAMU-Commerce) making the move up to FCS in recent years and wondering "hey, why not us?"

Again, it's just speculation on my part, but it's more opinion that fact on my end.
    In Oklahoma, you are either OU, or you don't exist.

Heck, Tulsa was good enough to beat OU and OSU for a couple of years there, but nobody knew it.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    The UCO Lincoln game is/was week 7, the week that OU is off. They better not mess this up.
    MSU-Mankato has a bye in week 7.............................

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied

I didn't want to seem crabby there, just clearing it up. Speculation is fun and all. I suppose that is why so many do it. But it keeps coming up from other MIAA fans even after multiple people had said it isn't going to happen. UCM might move to FCS before UCO does.
    The best thing about having you guys in the conference is that it's moved the "I heard Central is moving up" talk from Missouri to Oklahoma.

Leave a comment:

• UCObluejay
    replied
    The UCO Lincoln game is/was week 7, the week that OU is off. They better not mess this up.

Leave a comment:

• UCObluejay
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I was speculating, but you know that fanbase a lot better than I do, so I'll defer to you on that point. (I can see why other MIAA fans are bringing that up; they're probably sick of the long trips down to Edmond from Maryville and Emporia.)
    I didn't want to seem crabby there, just clearing it up. Speculation is fun and all. I suppose that is why so many do it. But it keeps coming up from other MIAA fans even after multiple people had said it isn't going to happen. UCM might move to FCS before UCO does.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X