X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

"Desperate fans"? Find one UCO person that is advocating a UCO move to FCS... you can't. The only ones who bring it up are other MIAA people.
    I was speculating, but you know that fanbase a lot better than I do, so I'll defer to you on that point. (I can see why other MIAA fans are bringing that up; they're probably sick of the long trips down to Edmond from Maryville and Emporia.)

Leave a comment:

• UCObluejay
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Just a guess, but probably some powerful people in Norman and Stillwater who wouldn't be thrilled about another state school adding D1 football (granted at the FCS level, but still). I also wonder if it's a group of desperate fans watching other D2 schools in Texas (namely Tarleton State and TAMU-Commerce) making the move up to FCS in recent years and wondering "hey, why not us?"

Again, it's just speculation on my part, but it's more opinion that fact on my end.
    "Desperate fans"? Find one UCO person that is advocating a UCO move to FCS... you can't. The only ones who bring it up are other MIAA people.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    If UCO is going D1, what has stopped them up until now? What’s going to change in the next few years that then makes it a possibility? I believe they will be staying D2, for the foreseeable future.
    Just a guess, but probably some powerful people in Norman and Stillwater who wouldn't be thrilled about another state school adding D1 football (granted at the FCS level, but still). I also wonder if it's a group of desperate fans watching other D2 schools in Texas (namely Tarleton State and TAMU-Commerce) making the move up to FCS in recent years and wondering "hey, why not us?"

Again, it's just speculation on my part, but it's more opinion that fact on my end.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    They don’t even offer enough sports, yet. Are they planning on adding any teams?

Leave a comment:

• Try II
    replied
    If UCO is going D1, what has stopped them up until now? What’s going to change in the next few years that then makes it a possibility? I believe they will be staying D2, for the foreseeable future.
    Well their gym is laughable so they'll need a new one, whether they stay D2 or move up. Would be nice to get more fans on a consistent basis and, of course, an actual invite from a conference.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I also hate the term foreseeable future. You can't see the future at all, so what makes tomorrow any more foreseeable than the year 2256?

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I think they will eventually. Maybe 10 or 15 years down the road.

Maybe for now, they should actually try to do something in D2 first.

Shhh. I'm jimbo fishing.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RollChos
    replied
    Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post

They for sure are, give it 5-10 years, but they will
    Curious what ties to the school or athletic program you have that would give you the insight to make that prediction.

Leave a comment:

• washeduptiger
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Wayne was kind of a bad team last year with a new coach this year, so it may be like driving to Detroit to play Lincoln.
    Also to be fair we’re coming off 3 wins. We can’t thumb our nose at anyone.

Leave a comment:

• washeduptiger
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Wayne was kind of a bad team last year with a new coach this year, so it may be like driving to Detroit to play Lincoln.
    Don’t see many other week 5 opens sitting out there. Wonder if RMAC has something in hiding.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
    Any ideas if Wayne state MI still has a week 5 open date? Would be a nice fix for FHSU. Part of me wonders though if Hays will drag it’s feet and just keep Lincoln unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• washeduptiger
    replied
    Any ideas if Wayne state MI still has a week 5 open date? Would be a nice fix for FHSU. Part of me wonders though if Hays will drag it’s feet and just keep Lincoln unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    "It also opened the door for MIAA schools, with mutual consent from Lincoln, to drop the Blue Tigers in 2023 in favor of seeking alternate opponents."

From the press release about adding USF

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by wubod View Post

Per that article it says that Lincoln may play some MIAA schools as non-con. How many MIAA schools will schedule them that way?
    The Pitt homepage made it sound like Lincoln would play any teams that couldn't find a replacement.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X