Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

As soon as you said "However, in my opinion" I started laughing. What are the actual facts that led you to say that "UCO is a better job than UCM long term" and " UCM would have been a huge demotion". Hey, just pre covid, in 2019 UCM was co-conference champs with NW.
    That's just UCO guys being uco guys. They have never done jack, but to hear them tell it, they're awesome.

To be fair, we all have fans like that.
    Last edited by Predatory Primates; 07-03-2023, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
      The Bronchos will come to Warrensburg in week two this year and hopefully it will be a better game for both teams after last year's season ending mess in Edmond.
      That was the worst piece of **** football game I’ve ever witnessed. I don’t think either team wanted to win.
      Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        To be fair, we all have fans like that.
        I appreciate you “being fair.” UCO’s success is just so far in the past that no one remembers at this point. I definitely don’t want to argue the program’s merits based on a 1982 NAIA title.
        Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

I appreciate you “being fair.” UCO’s success is just so far in the past that no one remembers at this point. I definitely don’t want to argue the program’s merits based on a 1982 NAIA title.
          I'm a Pitt fan so I understand success being a distant memory, and I was just having some fun to see if Jimbo was listening.

I don't think UCO has ever fielded a legit d2 contender. ( I'm not a uco historian, so correct me if I'm wrong. I'm wronga lot.)

The closest they came that I remember was the year they had the really good thunder and lightning rb combo. (I think 2014?)

That's not to say they haven't fielded some good teams, just not national caliber.

As far as the comparison to UCM. They both look like sleeping giants to the rest of us.
          UCO facilities are nice, but that's nearly universal in the MIAA. The UCO administration may be an advantage over UCM since ucm seems to block their own path. Both are pretty big schools in pretty populous areas by MIAA standards.
          I see the 2 as very similar. Both schools have all the pieces, but haven't put them together. A few years ago UCM was a qb injury away from possibly making their first deep playoff run ever. Both schools are trying to find success from the coaching trees of other successful miaa schools. There really isn't 2 poops worth of difference between the 2 from an outsiders perspective.
          Last edited by Predatory Primates; 07-03-2023, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I'm a Pitt fan so I understand success being a distant memory, and I was just having some fun to see if Jimbo was listening.

I don't think UCO has ever fielded a legit d2 contender. ( I'm not a uco historian, so correct me if I'm wrong. I'm wronga lot.)

The closest they came that I remember was the year they had the really good thunder and lightning rb combo. (I think 2014?)

That's not to say they haven't fielded some good teams, just not national caliber.

As far as the comparison to UCM. They both look like sleeping giants to the rest of us.
            UCO facilities are nice, but that's nearly universal in the MIAA. The UCO administration may be an advantage over UCM since ucm seems to block their own path. Both are pretty big schools in pretty populous areas by MIAA standards.
            I see the 2 as very similar. Both schools have all the pieces, but haven't put them together. A few years ago UCM was a qb injury away from possibly making their first deep playoff run ever. Both schools are trying to find success from the coaching trees of other successful miaa schools. There really isn't 2 poops worth of difference between the 2 from an outsiders perspective.
            In 1998 UCO was ranked number one in the country and lost to Kingsville in OT in the playoffs. Those Warthogs actually used an ineligible player. UCO claims an undefeated season for that year.

It has been 20 YEARS since UCO made the playoffs. Hopefully that changes SOON!

https://bronchosports.com/sports/football/schedule/1998
            Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

In 1998 UCO was ranked number one in the country and lost to Kingsville in OT in the playoffs. Those Warthogs actually used an ineligible player. UCO claims an undefeated season for that year.

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

Do you think they could have hung with NW, UNO, or CN in 98? I'm not doubting it. I'm just asking because I never saw them play.

Comment

I pulled up the postseason for 98, and didn't remember Chadron making the playoffs that year, but they did. It is kind of fun looking back at old po brackets like that.

Comment

Do you think they could have hung with NW, UNO, or CN in 98? I'm not doubting it. I'm just asking because I never saw them play.
                  As I always tell Pitt fans, no one cares what you did in 1998. That is why UCO always gets trashed on. The last time the program was rolling most of today’s roster wasn’t even born.
                  Roll Chos!

Comment

i happened to be driving past the field the other night and saw the light from the new scoreboards and banner from the corner of Ayers. it's nothing short of spectacular lol. looks great and good lord is it bright. hopefully the team shows it in roughly 6 weeks. the first night game is going to be awesome.

not sure who was involved but the CITY/state/UCO muckity mucks have made great effort to make sure all of the roads around UCO are like butter. almost every road within a half mile are all fresh. but only in those areas. lol whatever...i wonder who they are trying to impress. its good for me financially too sooooo....

rumors.......

D1 rumors.....

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                      i happened to be driving past the field the other night and saw the light from the new scoreboards and banner from the corner of Ayers. it's nothing short of spectacular lol. looks great and good lord is it bright. hopefully the team shows it in roughly 6 weeks. the first night game is going to be awesome.

not sure who was involved but the CITY/state/UCO muckity mucks have made great effort to make sure all of the roads around UCO are like butter. almost every road within a half mile are all fresh. but only in those areas. lol whatever...i wonder who they are trying to impress. its good for me financially too sooooo....

rumors.......

D1 rumors.....
                      I have been noticing the differences along Second Street and some on Danforth for quite some time. I hope this means they did something with Baumann, there are gravel roads that had less bumps.

Did they repave the parking lots or repaint the water silo?
                      Go Bronchos!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

I have been noticing the differences along Second Street and some on Danforth for quite some time. I hope this means they did something with Baumann, there are gravel roads that had less bumps.

Looking at Google Maps, which updated in February, (it is interesting how often they update Edmond) they have stripped the paint off of the silo.
                        Go Bronchos!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

i havent notice paint. they are doing a few things i think they put LEDS on the water tower. that bike path on ayers was a nice touch but it screwed me. my rent house is there at ayers and baumann and those clowns busted the water pipes and didnt bother telling anyone lol...tha cost me some cash. tat was the main reason i got to see the signage in action so to speak sunday night. they seemed to have been doing a test on it and it was LIT up. .they have done nothing on baumann. one guy working for the city digging a hole said she were getting ready to close 1 side of the street and start working on it so im guessing repaving, concrete something. i can say with certainty that the east west streets east of baumann are definately being replaced. not paved over. they look good now

i mean, if youre rumored to be a d1 school........d1 rumors

Comment

• shocker
                            soothsayer nwms on it per the usual
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                              i mean, if youre rumored to be a d1 school........d1 rumors
                              If they’re going to do it, I wish they would hurry up and pull the trigger. I’ve been hearing about this for 15 years and it has proven to be exactly that . . . rumors. Oklahoma needs an FCS school and UCO is the logical choice. We need to see the program take a step forward this season though.
                              Roll Chos!

Comment

• I have to say though, I wouldn’t look forward to getting scheduled by Oklahoma State for an early season tune-up and getting blown out.
                                Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X