Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

It's definitely worth it! It covers every sport, so if you're an MIAA fan at all it is. That being said, I'm not above getting a discount! ;)
    So does that mean I will get a discount on my retirement account fees with you.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

So does that mean I will get a discount on my retirement account fees with you.
      A discount off your discount...isn't that just a little greedy? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        I wonder how the commercials work? Is that part of the collective, or are the deals made directly with each school.

UCO with their bad broadcast and commercials you can't ffwd. through comes to mind.
        Oh yeah, Pitt’s broadcast is flawless. It’s like watching ESPN.

I would argue they are all pretty amateur. It’s D2 football, we should be happy there is a broadcast at all.
        Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

Oh yeah, Pitt’s broadcast is flawless. It’s like watching ESPN.

I would argue they are all pretty amateur. It’s D2 football, we should be happy there is a broadcast at all.
          I agree that they're al pretty amateur. I disagree with the idea that we should be content with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I agree that they're al pretty amateur. I disagree with the idea that we should be content with that.
            Yes you pay for the broadcast you deserve a professional product! Pitt broadcasts are very much an amateur broadcast too.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

A discount off your discount...isn't that just a little greedy? :)
              I see that you must have increased fees. You have been taking quite the extravagant vacations of late.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

I see that you must have increased fees. You have been taking quite the extravagant vacations of late.
                Not so much extravagant, mostly long needed! Although I could see where you'd think my trip back to Chadron would be extravagant!!! :)

Comment

Below is the link to the 2022-2023 figures on revenue distribution from the MIAA Network.

https://themiaa.com/news/2023/7/19/general-miaa.aspx

Comment

It seems like it was $500k split between the member institutions, although it isn’t clear if it is equally distributed or based upon some alternative agreement. I can’t image, though that the conference only gets %25 of the gross. Seems like a really bad deal, especially since the schools themselves handle the production, not the service.

I also don’t like how they’re bragging about all streams being behind a paywall.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                      It seems like it was $500k split between the member institutions, although it isn’t clear if it is equally distributed or based upon some alternative agreement. I can’t image, though that the conference only gets %25 of the gross. Seems like a really bad deal, especially since the schools themselves handle the production, not the service.

I also don’t like how they’re bragging about all streams being behind a paywall.
                      I still wonder about the streaming ad revenue, as well.

If schools are using that revenue to enhance their broadcast quality, I sure haven't been able to tell, and I watched every miaa football game that didn't have a team named Lincoln in it the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I don't think it's an even distribution. Guessing Northwest and Pitt rank 1-2 in views/revenue so if they, say, make $100k each during the year, they each get their designated percentage. Lincoln, meanwhile, tallies say $15k and they get the same percentage as the Bearcats/Gorillas.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

I don't think it's an even distribution. Guessing Northwest and Pitt rank 1-2 in views/revenue so if they, say, make $100k each during the year, they each get their designated percentage. Lincoln, meanwhile, tallies say $15k and they get the same percentage as the Bearcats/Gorillas.
                          That's definitely what we are led to believe when we are asked what school we want the money to be tied to as we pay for the service.

I tied my money to the conference as a whole instead of just Pitt during Beck's last years.

Comment

I haven't watched outside the MIAA for football so can't speak to that, but there are multiple conferences providing equivalent or better streaming for all the other sports (basketball/volleyball/soccer) for free.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheMIAANetwork/s...783518208?s=20

Aug. 17 - Network Passes go on Sale

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post
                                I haven't watched outside the MIAA for football so can't speak to that, but there are multiple conferences providing equivalent or better streaming for all the other sports (basketball/volleyball/soccer) for free.
                                One by one, those seem to be going away.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X