Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was actually just a junior, and is coming back, we believe.

Comment

Pennington and our WR1 transferred to NAU with Wrighy.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
        Pennington and our WR1 transferred to NAU with Wrighy.
        Pitt website has Dodson listed as a senior, that's why I asked.

Comment

That’s for 2024. He would technically be a graduate student, though. He graduated with his biology degree this last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
            That’s for 2024. He would technically be a graduate student, though. He graduated with his biology degree this last weekend.
            I didn't notice that it was the 2024 roster since they still have Pennington listed. Kind of weird since normally the next roster that might get posted would be the spring practice roster.

Comment

It still has some inaccuracies. I was surprised as well to see it posted, as well. But Katsis and Pennington both signed their NLI today to play at NAU next season. I’m sure the SID was just waiting for the official move and transfer.

Comment

Mw. Running back is headed to Arizona to play for Wright.

Comment

Just saw that Oscar Hammond, TE from UCO is going to North Texas via the portal.

Comment

Not the portal, but just saw a DL decommit from NW and change to MW on twitter.

Ouch!

Comment

I hate the portal. The portal forces coaches to say to a potential recruit, "I've had X number of players move on to bigger universities after playing here for 2 years", This is just an example of course. I see the landscape of college football turning into a baseball farm system where FBS is the "SHOW" and then all others fall into a Tripple A, Double A, Single A, and High Single-A league where all players, much like baseball, are focused on getting to the next level. Not the pros, but the next level of a college football team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure cool View Post
                        I hate the portal. The portal forces coaches to say to a potential recruit, "I've had X number of players move on to bigger universities after playing here for 2 years", This is just an example of course. I see the landscape of college football turning into a baseball farm system where FBS is the "SHOW" and then all others fall into a Tripple A, Double A, Single A, and High Single-A league where all players, much like baseball, are focused on getting to the next level. Not the pros, but the next level of a college football team.
                        Name of the game now. We had a coach telling us recently how he was getting calls from everywhere on a PWO that didn’t even play a snap. Just because they knew the coach was about his business. Strange times man, strange times. These NIL deals though. I’m going to have to take a crash course in contract law lmfao.

Comment

I don't think any likes it, but I don't think it is going anywhere. Hope it doesn't completely ruin the game

Comment

As a D2 fan, I dislike the portal. As a human being, I like it.

The old system of exploitation via indentured servitude was illegal, and a black eye for college sports.

Then again, using college sports as a farm system is also a bad look.

The issue is, and always has been at the highest levels, where a multi billion dollar industry has been allowed to pass itself off as college athletics. Unfortunately the trickle down is a PIA. Then again, without NCAA money trickling down, a lot of D2 schools may not even have sports.

Comment

indentured servitude? lol it’s as if you dk what one of those actually was and what kind of life one lived.

https://www.aplu.org/our-work/4-poli...eir%20lifetime.

i wish i was talented enough to be exploited instead of paying my own way. nil should always have been legal meritoriously. the vast majority of it is in reality pay for play. but fans are paying it so i see no issue as long as schools aren’t paying the tab in terms of reducing funding for other areas in the ad. same thing that went on under the table in years gone by - they’ve always been paid at the big places. the bigger problem i see is the coming split with the big boys and the revenue sports and how that will impact non revenue sports at a lot of places. athletics has long been a way up for kids from disadvantaged backgrounds and these changes have the potential to detract from that opportunity for the majority in those non revenue sports while benefiting only the elite in the right sports. the ncaa for its flaws served a greater good with the older model.

the portal is a disaster organizationally. it is fun to follow though. i like it when it benefits my school. I wonder if it’ll calm down once players that have gone through it and have learned that the grass ain’t actually greener share their experiences and the message filters down. it has detracted from fans connecting with players similar to the effect free agency had on the pros but the on field product is as good as ever.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X